[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest madaraa5

Get the feeling she's going to protect herself with this sentence " I, Shin Yool met Prince WS for the first time at the fight of the princes"

Clever answer

You just have to love her character she choses her words very carefully

Guest dawnshine

anomaka said:
I have a question for you. What was the reason behind having WS married someone born under the north star? What does that actually mean? The main reason WS was a cursed prince was because it was foretold he will become a bloody King who will spill royal blood and that a lot of people would be killed. And indeed his older brother and a few palace people died when he was young and he had to be sent into exile, although he had nothing to do with that. His father then had him marry YW to "reverse" that. But then he tells him he needs to kill a lot of people including royals to strengthen royal authority and stabilize the country. What is that north star light about then? I mean if he's going to be a bloody King anyway why try to change his destiny. Or was the light about ideas that YS helped inspire.

Guest dawnshine

@haymochi - What?! Preview only released by tomorrow? NOOOO I want it NOW! LOL
You described SY perfectly! She does sacrifice for WS but not in a stupid way - she protects herself and others too, not love crazy. I like her attitude and optimism too. Even when she's in danger - she's so close to being killed by the king, she didn't go home and complain or cry to BM/KM. She handled it well and remained cool and calm. I also find her charming the way her older brother has to look up on her and obey her, especially the "oh where did you go? Did you go gambling again?" She didn't shout at him or punish him. Just 2 lines and he's so afraid. WS you lucky man, what are you waiting? Just go grab your girl! Wait, knowing SY, it's more likely the other way. 
I do think every relationship (love, friendship etc) is dual direction. While SY brings light to WS, WS does give something positive back to SY too, not necessary directly curing her cold poison but his presence gives her hope to live longer I suppose.
@anomaka Thank you to you too! Enjoy sharing and exchanging "notes" here about SOGC. 

dawnshine said: @haymochi - What?! Preview only released by tomorrow? NOOOO I want it NOW! LOL
You described SY perfectly! She does sacrifice for WS but not in a stupid way - she protects herself and others too, not love crazy. I like her attitude and optimism too. Even when she's in danger - she's so close to being killed by the king, she didn't rush home and complain or cry to BM/KM. She handled it well and remained cool and calm. I also find her charming the way her older brother has to look up on her and obey her, especially the "oh where did you go? Did you go gambling again?" She didn't shout at him or punish him. Just 2 lines and he's so afraid. WS you lucky man, what are you waiting? Just go grab your girl! Wait, knowing SY, it's more likely the other way. 
I do think every relationship (love, friendship etc) is dual direction. While SY brings light to WS, WS does give something positive back to SY too, not necessary directly curing her cold poison but his presence gives her hope to live longer I suppose.
@anomaka Thank you to you too! Enjoy sharing and exchanging "notes" here about SOGC. 

dawnshine said: anomaka said:
I have a question for you. What was the reason behind having WS married someone born under the north star? What does that actually mean? The main reason WS was a cursed prince was because it was foretold he will become a bloody King who will spill royal blood and that a lot of people would be killed. And indeed his older brother and a few palace people died when he was young and he had to be sent into exile, although he had nothing to do with that. His father then had him marry YW to "reverse" that. But then he tells him he needs to kill a lot of people including royals to strengthen royal authority and stabilize the country. What is that north star light about then? I mean if he's going to be a bloody King anyway why try to change his destiny. Or was the light about ideas that YS helped inspire.

Guest dawnshine

@Alston9 - Half of the theme is "shine" for SOGC and according to history, WS was given the title as "GuangJong" - the "Guang" literally means light, hence the King who brought light. LOL And in SOGC, the author created SY as the person bringing light to WS. I have to say this author is brilliant! LOL 
All actions are based on motivation; if the motivation is to benefit others solely, without a single bit of for self/own purpose, then the action could be considered as good. In SOGC, we see how the powerful noble clans raised the salt price, the bad slavery system etc, obviously they needed a strong determined king who is kind enough to feel the pain of his citizens and at the same time wise enough to implement necessary reformation and policy to change the nation with the only purpose to give a better living condition for his people. SY is encouraging WS to do so. But in history, WS did become more aggressive and violent at the later stage of his ruling, so it probably is a mixture of good and bad motivations for his action. I don't think SOGC is focusing the dark side of WS (of the history). After all the theme and focus is still "Shine" and WS shines because of SY. But still I have to say violence should never be the first resource in modern days living. 
SOGC isn't following the history fully. Although YW could end up being the queen, a happy ending for SY is still very likely. Being a queen or a king doesn't mean it'd be a happy outcome right? Moreover SOGC is part fictional, so anything is possible based on the interest of the scriptwriters. Let's remain optimistic, just like our heroine SY! \:D/