[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 15px 0px 0.3em; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 48px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jang Hyuk and Oh Yeon Seo pair up for fantasy romance sageuk ‘Shine Or Go Crazy’jhoys

http://thedramacorner.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/jang-hyuk-and-oh-yeon-seo-pair-up-for-fantasy-romance-sageuk-shine-or-go-crazy/

Guest fiovial

@haymochi‌ yep there will be childhood portion in the drama. Should be interesting since Wang So has been cursed since childhood so I'd like to se how a child handles this.

OK names of actors as posted. I will go left to right.

Jang Hyuk - Ryu Seung Soo

Lee Deok Hwa - Nam Gyeong Ep

Oh Yeon Seo - Honey Lee

Ji Soo Won - Jin Seo Yeon

Ahn Gil Kang - Kim Roi Ha

Kim Gwang Shik - Kim Beop Rae

Song Yeong Jae - So Bum Seok

Im Joo Hwan - Park Seon Ho

Shin Seung Hwan - Jo Jae Ryong

Yeo Eui Joo - Park Hyun Woo

Kang Gi Young - Kim Young Seon

Kim Seon Young - Lee Eun Woo

Hwang Ji Ni - Na Hye Jin

Choi Han - Kim Ha Yoo

Park Min Soo

Looks like childhood Wang So will be played by Choi Han?

Guest fiovial

Thanks @haymochi‌ @minoz-joyax‌ for the update.

I've been reading several dates for the premiere.....wonder when we will get the mbc official date....

News of Ryu Seung Soo and Lee Duk Hwa joining the drama...not a surprise ;)

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=111&aid=0000405578

Lee Duk Hwa will play the role of Wang Shik Ryeom, the cousin of King Wang Gun (founder of Goryeo). He appears weak and a yes man in front of the King but harbors an ambition to be king.

Ryu Seung Soo plays the role of Wang Yo, 3rd king of Goryeo. He is Wang So (Jang Hyuk)'s half brother.

There's more description on these 2 characters. I will translate later as I'm on my way out right now.

fiovial said: Thanks @haymochi‌ @minoz-joyax‌ for the update. I've been reading several dates for the premiere.....wonder when we will get the mbc official date.... News of Ryu Seung Soo and Lee Duk Hwa joining the drama...not a surprise ;) http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=111&aid=0000405578 Lee Duk Hwa will play the role of Wang Shik Ryeom, the cousin of King Wang Gun (founder of Goryeo). He appears weak and a yes man in front of the King but harbors an ambition to be king. Ryu Seung Soo plays the role of Wang Yo, 3rd king of Goryeo. He is Wang So (Jang Hyuk)'s half brother. There's more description on these 2 characters. I will translate later as I'm on my way out right now.

Spoiler Alert (although not really spoiler since it is history)

The original ending appears to end ambiguously, before Wang Soh begins his bloodbath and the heroine choosing to live outside of the palace and giving the Queen's tiara to the half-sister of Soh.

However the drama may end differently, since no descendants of Wang Soh exist to raise hell, unlike many Korean historicals where the producers have to watch out for irate descendants of bad characters.

valsava said: @ChelseaS,  Thanks for starting the thread and everybody should know that I'm a saguek lover..
I'm trying to remember how many Sagueks  Jang Hyunk has done.. Well happy he's able to provide for the wife and two kids.. Wonder what do she thinks of her husband being in demand like this and a lot of fangirls swooning all about him  

Koshicha said: The problem is the real King played by Jang Hyuk was an insane tyrant who killed virtually all of his relatives as well as most of his enemies.

That story was made into 2 KBS historical dramas which are relatively unknown in the West.

He only had one son thru his real queen, who is not the heroine of this drama, and that one son also had only one son who was homosexual and was later deposed and killed, ending that King's bloodline.

the King's love rival's son would succeed the throne. That story is something worth telling in its own right; the love rival never married but had a tryst with a widowed queen, the daughter-in-law of the King depicted in this drama, and produced what would be the only survivor of the Koryeo dynasty who became the king after the homosexual monarch was deposed.

it's december already..  so only one month to go for this drama!! can't wait to see Jang Hyuk as a handsome prince. sure he will shine his role and this drama. Hope the stills will come out soon. SOGC fighting!!! ^^