[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

dawnshine said: @wheel - The Queen-WS conversation
WS entered the room. The first thing he did was a 90 degrees bow and apologized even though he didn't know what he had done wrong this time. LOL
WS: Queen Mother, I'm sorry. What have I done wrong this time?
Queen was puzzled and felt even more guilty.
Queen: I came here to have a cup of tea with you.
WS: What do you mean?
QUeen: Do you still want to continue standing there?
WS sat down with head tilted down all the time. Queen preparing him a cup of tea. 
QUeen: I added Pearl Tea powder in it. Drink.
He didn't dare to drink.

Queen: Why didn't you drink?
WS got emotional and said : This is the first time..I don't know how to respond.
Queen: That's right, I have never done anything for you. 
WS: No, not all, no...no... 
And he drank carefully but he choked.
The Queen wiped his mouth. He's so touched. She grabbed his hand firmly. His head still tilted down to show respect, dare not to look at his mother.
Queen: There are too many eyes seeing at the palace. I won't explain the reason why I hated you. Because no matter how I explained, I won't be able to ask you forgive me. But the tears you had all these years, I'll wipe for you now. The "kid" who sent me this pearl powder said pearl represents tears and we drink this pearl tea together means your mother really wants to wipe your tears, son. Son, drink you tea.
WS teared and carefully drank. He then made a cup of tea for his mother and told her to drink it warm.
This was a very beautiful mother-son scene. I'm not a fan for the queen but she made me feel she's really sorry to WS. Of course JH did brilliant here, you find a macho mature man, in this case a charming prince with tears in his eyes. But he doesn't give an uncomfortable feeling there, totally brought out the son's role. 

Guest dawnshine

onnififi said: @dawnshine thank you for all the translation, frankly speaking your unnie still have not watch ep 12 with eng sub and your posts really help a lot. thank you dear. Anyway, will be watching Shine and Go Crazy with eng sub marathon tomorrow.  ;)

lclarakl said:

It seems so long ago, but I forgot this drama began with the Seer/Astrologist telling the kids a story about the butterfly necklace they found in the King's collection.  I assume these kids are WS and SY's.  The little girl had put on the red head covering that SY had on when she married WS and recently was thinking about burning.  That's a positive sign for how this story will progress.

dawnshine said: lclarakl said:

In regards to the flying fish accessory and a possible connection between YS and SW, I thought someone on this thread mentioned a possible connection between the two on them.  Since I usually use my phone to check the thread while I'm at work, I know I was very surprised reading that comment and couldn't wait to watch the episode to see how they discovered that possible connection.  I could be wrong, but I remember reading something here.

Also for clarification, in one of the responses it said that WS and YW are half siblings and that it was common in that day and time for siblings to marry. Did I understand that wrong?  I didn't get the impression that WS and YW had the same father. WS and WW both had the King as father, but I got the impression that YW had a different father. Am I wrong in that thinking?  That's why I'm rewatching, to see what I may have missed--I'm sure a lot because the subs used to take longer to complete.

Alston9 said: lclarakl said:

It seems so long ago, but I forgot this drama began with the Seer/Astrologist telling the kids a story about the butterfly necklace they found in the King's collection.  I assume these kids are WS and SY's.  The little girl had put on the red head covering that SY had on when she married WS and recently was thinking about burning.  That's a positive sign for how this story will progress.

This is driving me KRAZY!!!
The girl, the princess, Gaebong-ie, was tossed in the river by the guys chasing, and killing, her mother.  She was rescued by the maid & co., and raised by them.  WHEN was the little girl in the palace with the red-thingy on??  WHEN was the little girl in the palace with any king to get the butterfly-thingy?  WHEN did the little girl that was tossed in the river and saved by the maid, get the red-veil-thingy when visiting the palace?  Isn't is a secret that she is a princess?  Aren't the maid and the other guy the only people that know she is a princess?  
Help me out, someone.  Anyone.  Please?

watchumlots said: This is driving me KRAZY!!!
The girl, the princess, Gaebong-ie, was tossed in the river by the guys chasing, and killing, her mother.  She was rescued by the maid & co., and raised by them.  WHEN was the little girl in the palace with the red-thingy on??  WHEN was the little girl in the palace with any king to get the butterfly-thingy?  WHEN did the little girl that was tossed in the river and saved by the maid, get the red-veil-thingy when visiting the palace?  Isn't is a secret that she is a princess?  Aren't the maid and the other guy the only people that know she is a princess?  

watchumlots said: This is driving me KRAZY!!!

Guest dawnshine

lclarakl said:

@dawnshine, Thanks for responding to my question. That one is still a little hard for me to acknowledge because I don't understand why the writer doesn't refer to her as WS' sister as they refer to the WW as his brother.  I really can't find any information supporting this information at the moment--I'll continue to research.  I knew that cousins married, but I have never heard of Kings marrying his sons to his daughters--where is the political leverage.  He already gained that when he made the mother of his children his Queen or consorts.   Heck, the King could have still slept with her even if she was married.

I know that YW is supposed to be of the powerful Hwang clan.  It makes more sense to me if her mother had given birth to her from a previous marriage and later the king made her his consort and she gave birth to WW. It is what it is even if I don't understand.  I'm watching again for anything to make this not be an incestuous marriage.  After watching episode 1, I do not get the impression for anyone that YW is the king's daughter. Please don't let it be.

I have to admit the incest thing is also very disturbing to me to but this is why I see some Kings very mentally disturb and obsess with  power they were just crazy from the genes line being to close and exact in some cases.. So I'm hoping and praying for and ending with SY and WS give  YW to her longing lover SW all will be fine as far as WW goes he'll find somebody if he don;t die first from not getting what he wants