[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

Whoa! Look what happened when I was out finding honeymoon spots for the OTP? So many things happened huh and all our chingus here are going crazy. No worries, I'm bringing some potential antidotes here after getting a buzz from chingu @cutestrobery!
I haven't watched ep 20 but I figured out what has happened to uri OTP here. What can I say? I was worried about the ratings after reading the disappointment from all the chingus here. But hey, great news, the ratings increased 2-3%! Yay yay! \:D/
If we all feel extremely depressed and sorrowful after watching ep 20, congrats, that means the light at the end of the tunnel won't be far away, which means the climax of SOGC has already taken place or about to take place in ep 21 (regarding the wedding of pinky with uri SY).
We keep asking why the writers made such decision to change the tone for the second half of the drama. 2 main reasons I could think of:1)Yes, everyone loves the sweet loving scene of the OTP. We love it and never have enough of them. But for drama wise, this might be tough to keep viewers' attention as we tend to get bored easily. If you love pizza, imagine eating it everyday for all your meals, you will not appreciate it until you're refrained from taking pizza for some time, you'd start missing the pizza even as simple as just plain pizza. I remembered reading comments from some who were tired of GB-Soso where GB was disguising as a guy. There were comments like, "Yes they are cute and funny, but can't we move on with the plot?" The plot has been moving ever since - some episodes more intense and some less. But it sure is moving. I personally love OTP scenes. My only complaint is for some episodes, villains had more scenes than the OTP. But then it's kind of understandable since this is real time filming - we can't have OTP every scene. Another reason is also we need the villains to support the plot development. But I do think with few episodes left, we really don't need to see WSR anymore and very minimum of pinky. So we share see, 4 more episodes left only. I'm sure the focus will still be on the OTP. 2) The themes of SOGC is how WS has two paths in front of him - Shine or Crazy. SY is the one who will lead him to the light path. If just being romcom, this theme will not be addressed. Hence it is necessary to introduce challenges for the two leads, resulting in a serious melo tone. Again, this is expected. We were warned before.
Our next urgent question - Will pinky get to marry SY? My take is NO. They might have the ceremony but like WS-SY wedding in Gaebong, it would not be real as WW knows SY doesn't love him at all. His ego will not make him force SY, no matter how much he wanted her to reciprocate his love. And depending on the writers, if they want to make WW as not that evil, then he would just stick to his idea of as long as SY is safe, it doesn't matter to me even if the wedding doesn't come true. That's for WW part. There could be a twist in preventing the wedding ie WS himself? The Queen Dowager and astrologist. I'm hoping the Queen and the astrologist to stop the wedding because they know SY is WS' Northstar, if she's married to WW, then WS will definitely go crazy (the dark path). This wasn't what King Taejo wanted. Astrologist and EC had made a serious vow to assist WS to be king. They can't break their vow as there would be consequence on them. The Queen will be determined in this too. 
I know I'm bias. But OYS surprisingly looks so beautiful and great in those crying scenes. Yes JH too; he's awesome! So even it's heartbreaking to watch, I'd watch it for them. I don't want to miss their excellent performance there. Seriously, it's tough to cry for so many scenes. What's even better they cried so beautifully and delivered all their emotions for those scenes touching all of us here. I don't want their effort and hardwork wasted, especially after watching the bts, I'm totally in awe with their acting skill. 
So stay calm and cool chingu. Have faith in our OTP. It'll be a happy ending. The Geumgang Mountain scene will happen. Even if it doesn't, that means the OTP miss each other so much that they can't wait to travel all the way to the mountain but just ....spend their days and nights happily wherever they want. Well so long they are happy, I certainly don't mind they pick the Chunghae storage place. We just need to make sure BM won't be home that day. =))

WS working under Poo(ng) might work to his advantage... You know what they say about "keeping your friends close and your enemies closer?" Poo(ng), who doesn't look very smart, might just slip up and give WS something (anything please) to incriminate that clever old man... :-?

@dawnshine thank your for bringing some sanity to me and to people in this thread who are going crazy. Yes the performance and chemistry of the two leads are incredible and that's why it's even more painful to watch. I don't think my heart can take it

haymochi said: WW is the absolute trash here. Why can't a horse kick him or something X( for the first time i feel like it's better for the otp to just die together rather than foing through this super painful phase. Maybe the way WS can go back to SY is him becoming the king. No way he would let Sy marries WW right????? WW can redeem himself by kidnaping WS and put him as the groom instead of him as a surprise gift for SY.... WS is sent away to work for WSR is just like how he was sent away in the novel right? Siiigh.... How will SY be able to get out of this and how will the geumkang mountain occurs.

btw did you guys watch newly released BTS video yet? (dunno how to bring it, sawrry)
First, it was break time. OYS bought snack truck for the team (actually, OYS's mom, haha) and they were enjoying snack. When a staff member called 'Ohvely!' EunChun actor asked her, "You are called Ohvely?" and OYS says "Yup. Actually I started calling myself that lol. But after I did that for a while, others started calling that name as well. It's short for Oh Yeon Seo lovely." and EC went like "Got it. I'll call you Ohvely from now on." lol. 

And then break is over, they are over in the prison to film. OYS is lying down, giggling. JH is trying to position himself through the bars, also giggling. He puts half of his body through the bars, making people laugh, and he goes "See how hard I'm acting?" lol. And then he goes "Do u want me to go over? lol" I think the bars are not that high....since OYS says "I think oppa can definitely climb over this." And then JH sticks his head out and yells to OYS, "Hey, get up, time for school!" and OYS pretends to chop his neck with her hand blade. They are basically goofing around lol. 
And then they start shooting and it is amazing to see how JH focuses in short time to create that emotion. He was smiling and all, and when shooting starts, he is all serious and panicked, and in no time tears are streaming down his face. 
And then after cut! sign OYS springs up laughing and says "Awww you cried~?" and JH says "I feel like dying...Aw, I dunno" and he runs away, subtitle saying "Wang So feels embarrassed for some reason lol" 

Yup come on Ommoni don't lose your chance of having a pretty and awesome daughter in law like SY ;) . Will SW be the one who saves her? Yup i'm in doubt of Yw too . Will her pride ever allow her to be the 2nd wife?? Come on she always wanted to be the queen but i still don't hate her as much as WW , WSR, or the king

Guest dawnshine

I know I'm late. So I dived in to the sub of ep 20 instead of ep 19 first (I watched raw for ep 19 already). I have to say, I loved the melo OTP scenes for both ep 19 and 20, with ep 20 more because there were more elaborate. The OTP made me cried with them. I'm still sobbing while typing this.  :(( :((
Actually ep 20 was thoughtfully presented for the OTP scenes especially the farewell kissing scene. This was the exact opposite of ep 12 (first date). 
Similarities of the farewell scene and First date scene:1) The OTP spent a day out alone together.2) They both went to a memorable place - ep 12 was SY bringing WS to the clinic she's been sponsoring and ep 20 was WS bringing SY back to the place they became godbrothers.3) WS sent SY home - the OTP didn't want to end the night at both scenes. They dragged to say goodbye.
Here comes the 180 degrees contrast for both scenes, which were deliberately presented to viewers:
1) Ep 12, the whole day outing were very sweet and loving. Ep 20, the OTP were sad knowing they had to pretend they never knew each other after parting that day.2) The OTP were happy and enjoyed themselves at the clinic.But here at that place they declared their brotherly relationship and not dissociating the r/s, obviously both were very upset especially.3) In ep 12, both scenes similarly found an excuse to continue their night in her room. She asked him for tea and he complained about cold and wanted tea. They embraced happily. Happy nightIn ep 20, even tho after seeing WS left, she entered Chunghae but turned back to look for WS, while WS altho he has left, he did turn back waiting. The two met and kissed passionately as if there were no tomorrow. Sad night
The farewell kiss scene was sad but really beautifully delivered. They had my heart.
Hey did anyone think the same? Why did I feel their passionately farewell kiss did end up something more? Maybe SY would tell WW, "Sorry I can't marry you, I'm pregnant but you're not my baby's father!" =))

@dawnshine lol this drama would Be an absolute makjang then =)) ... Imagine in the middle of the ceremony SY suddenly nauseaous , feeling dizzy, and about to vomit lol.... =)) =)) . I'm sorry i think we're just going crazy and can't think straight anymore because of this week eps

Guest dawnshine

@onnififi - Unnie, chinca you're going to take down your tent here? Unnie, we still have 4 more episodes to go. WS will not be able to forget his girl, so he's definitely finding way to meet with her. He will sneak in her room at night when everyone's asleep. Yup, he told me his plan.  :))

gumi said: btw did you guys watch newly released BTS video yet? (dunno how to bring it, sawrry)
First, it was break time. OYS bought snack truck for the team (actually, OYS's mom, haha) and they were enjoying snack. When a staff member called 'Ohvely!' EunChun actor asked her, "You are called Ohvely?" and OYS says "Yup. Actually I started calling myself that lol. But after I did that for a while, others started calling that name as well. It's short for Oh Yeon Seo lovely." and EC went like "Got it. I'll call you Ohvely from now on." lol. 

And then break is over, they are over in the prison to film. OYS is lying down, giggling. JH is trying to position himself through the bars, also giggling. He puts half of his body through the bars, making people laugh, and he goes "See how hard I'm acting?" lol. And then he goes "Do u want me to go over? lol" I think the bars are not that high....since OYS says "I think oppa can definitely climb over this." And then JH sticks his head out and yells to OYS, "Hey, get up, time for school!" and OYS pretends to chop his neck with her hand blade. They are basically goofing around lol. 
And then they start shooting and it is amazing to see how JH focuses in short time to create that emotion. He was smiling and all, and when shooting starts, he is all serious and panicked, and in no time tears are streaming down his face. 
And then after cut! sign OYS springs up laughing and says "Awww you cried~?" and JH says "I feel like dying...Aw, I dunno" and he runs away, subtitle saying "Wang So feels embarrassed for some reason lol" 

Guest dawnshine

In ep 20, WS will be sent to Gyaeking to supervise workers and he'll be working under that chikopek. In a way this is kind of similar to the novel where WS was sent there too by the king but due to a different reason. Does that mean the writers will keep the Gyeongang Mountain part too? Perhaps with some modification. Yay, I'm going to stick with this till next week.  :P

dawnshine said: I know I'm late. So I dived in to the sub of ep 20 instead of ep 19 first (I watched raw for ep 19 already). I have to say, I loved the melo OTP scenes for both ep 19 and 20, with ep 20 more because there were more elaborate. The OTP made me cried with them. I'm still sobbing while typing this.  :(( :((
Actually ep 20 was thoughtfully presented for the OTP scenes especially the farewell kissing scene. This was the exact opposite of ep 12 (first date). 
Similarities of the farewell scene and First date scene:1) The OTP spent a day out alone together.2) They both went to a memorable place - ep 12 was SY bringing WS to the clinic she's been sponsoring and ep 20 was WS bringing SY back to the place they became godbrothers.3) WS sent SY home - the OTP didn't want to end the night at both scenes. They dragged to say goodbye.
Here comes the 180 degrees contrast for both scenes, which were deliberately presented to viewers:
1) Ep 12, the whole day outing were very sweet and loving. Ep 20, the OTP were sad knowing they had to pretend they never knew each other after parting that day.2) The OTP were happy and enjoyed themselves at the clinic.But here at that place they declared their brotherly relationship and not dissociating the r/s, obviously both were very upset especially.3) In ep 12, both scenes similarly found an excuse to continue their night in her room. She asked him for tea and he complained about cold and wanted tea. They embraced happily. Happy nightIn ep 20, even tho after seeing WS left, she entered Chunghae but turned back to look for WS, while WS altho he has left, he did turn back waiting. The two met and kissed passionately as if there were no tomorrow. Sad night
The farewell kiss scene was sad but really beautifully delivered. They had my heart.
Hey did anyone think the same? Why did I feel their passionately farewell kiss did end up something more? Maybe SY would tell WW, "Sorry I can't marry you, I'm pregnant but you're not my baby's father!" =))

l dawnshine said: In ep 20, WS will be sent to Gyaeking to supervise workers and he'll be working under that chikopek. In a way this is kind of similar to the novel where WS was sent there too by the king but due to a different reason. Does that mean the writers will keep the Gyeongang Mountain part too? Perhaps with some modification. Yay, I'm going to stick with this till next week.  :P

Guest dawnshine

@haymochi - If we include the first 12 ep, SOGC has more happy OTP scenes than FTLY. Does this make us feel better?  :P Don't worry about the wedding of pinky with SY. It's intended to create a cliffhanger there for us; when we're missing the exciting action scenes, the writers has concluded that we should get the "excitement", I mean the anxiousness from this pinky royal wedding with uri SY. 
I'm weird, I keep revising the OTP farewell kiss scene. I was revising the prison scene earlier. Their acting is just so good!