[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

sugarplum892

250px-%E7%91%AF%E7%90%8A%E6%A6%9C.jpg

Details:

Title: 狼牙榜 /Lang Ya Bang
English title: Nirvana in Fire 
Genre: Ancient, Drama, Politics, Revenge

Episodes: 54

Directors: Kong Sheng (孔笙), Li Xue (李雪) (The Disguiser 伪装者Surgeons 外科风云)

Producer: Hou Hong Liang (侯鸿亮)

Scriptwriter: Hai Yan (海宴)

Production Period: February 13, 2014 - June 7, 2014

Broadcast Date: September 19, 2015 - October 15, 2015

Spin-off Drama: The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

Cast:

Hu Ge as Mei Changsu / Su Zhe

Liu Tao as Princess Nihuang

Jiang Zuo AllianceWu Lei as Fei Liu (Mei Changsu's bodyguard)

Zhou Qi Qi (周奇奇) as Gong Yu

Jin Dong (靳东) as Lin Chen

Wang Hong (王宏) as Li GangZhao Yi Long (赵一龙) as Zhen Ping

Zhong Wei Hua (钟卫华) as Physician Yan

Wei Wei (魏伟) as Tong Lu

Dan Ying Zhe (单瑛哲) as Nie Feng

Li Shuai (李帅) as Wei Zheng

Guo Xiao Ran (郭晓然) as Yan Yu Jin

Kuang Mu Ye (匡牧野) as Xie Bi

Liu Yi Jun (刘奕君) as Xie Yu

Wang Jin Song (王劲松) as Yan Que

Zhang Xiao Qian (张晓谦) as Mu Qing

Synopsis:

**Spoilers**During the Datong era of the Southern Liang Dynasty, Northern Wei sent troops southward and General Lin Xie took his only child, the 17 year old Lin Shu to the battlefield. Unexpectedly, Lin Xie was framed by a political rival, causing the unjust deaths of seventy thousand Chi Yan army soldiers, just after they drove off the hostile Wei forces. Fortunately, Lin Shu was rescued by a loyal subordinate, although he barely escaped with his life. With the help of Lang Ya Hall, Lin Shu was able to establish the Jiang Zuo Alliance, and returns to the capital 12 years on as the leader Mei Changsu. He secretly assists his friend Xiao Jingyan, the unfavoured son of Emperor Wu and wisely rids the court of all scheming officials, successfully overturning the past injustices of the Chi Yan army ahead of his impending death. Northern Wei uses the current political instability and chaotic governance of Emperor Wu in their favour and attacks again. With no one to lead the army, Mei Chang Su takes the herb that would stimulate his physical abilities and in the last 3 months of his life, suppresses the opposing army, choosing to end his life the way Lin Shu would have it. (The drama is based off the novel by Hai Yan (海宴))

Watch it here with English Subs!

Raw Trailers:

OSTs:

Wang Kai - Blood, Eternally Crimson

Additional Links:

Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜 Raw Episodes 
Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜 Weibo Page
Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜 Official Website

The Wind Blows in Changlin 琅琊榜之凤起长林

Hu Ge Official Soompi Thread

Surgeons 外科风云 Official Drama Thread

The Disguiser 伪装者 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 6

• 10 months later...

@carmolita...:blink: how is there 20 episodes already when it isn't meant to start airing until Sep 19?....admittedly I don't understand enough Chinese to tell whether the 'episodes' on viki are actual episodes or more trailers. I know the first two or so were extended trailers and not episodes....

EDIT: yup, pretty sure that all 20 episodes are extended trailers. I just had a look at them all again and there are repeat scenes from the extended trailers released on Chinese streams months ago...

Edited by IMOmusings
  • Like 2

Viki has finished the subtitled trailer ...I'm looking forward to watching this drama because Hu Ge is in this one:wub:.  Viki also 20 episodes available but subbed in other languages not english yet:huh:

Don't believe "the 20 episodes available" crap. That's not true. I have been following up this drama for a while. From what I know, it will be aired on September 19th, prime timeslots, at two nationwide satellite platforms, namely, Bejing TV Channel and Shanghai Dragon TV Channel. Now both platforms have launched publicity campaigns on TV and video websites. 

You can find some of Beijing TV's promos here: http://v.qq.com/search.html?pagetype=3&stj2=search.search&stag=txt.index&ms_key=琅琊榜, some are serious, some are fun-poking. There are also fan-made trailers on YouKu.

As for Shanghai Dragon TV, they will hold sneak-peek sessions in several big cities. Lucky fans can register for a movie watch. The production company is so confident that their drama designed for small screen can be showed just like any movie on big screen.  The first stop was Shenyang on August 26. The fans who went to watch posted on Weibo that they saw 70-min long clip covering the whole chapter of March Hunt Coup with a lot of and fightings and war scenes, and the background music was magnificent.

• Like 2

@IMOmusings I thought the same thing... how could they have the videos up so quick and wondered if they changed the broadcast  date... I am so glad that you and wonderfulmomo_stv checked out those vidoes to see if it was legitimate.:rolleyes:

I love the cinematography for this drama it's like watching it on the big screen ~It's so beautiful :blink: I'm even more surprised that they manged to pull this off with a drama from the warring states period. Most Chinese warring states dramas don't match this type of quality and the acting is sooo good...  wonderfulmomo_stv you are right about the background ost ... I gotta have this one ... I love instrumental ost's:wub:

Edited by carmolita
  • Like 1

Many that will watch this drama are Hu Ge's fans. But I will watch this drama because of the production company behind it. Now, something about the production company, in case anyone is interested like me, Shandong Film and TV Media Group, aka "山影". It is a state-owned enterprise with a lot of resources.  It usually produces "mainstream value" dramas with high quality, which falls into the category of Serious Drama. Their dramas don't please fans with idol stars and may not get the highest ratings. But you will not regret watching their dramas.  The executive producer 候鸿亮,and two directors 孔笙, 李雪 and their production team is held high esteem and called "conscience of Chinese TV Circle".

The genre of "Republican Era"(1911-1949) is their strong suite. The Battle of Changsha(starring Wallace Huo) and All Quiet in Peking(starring 7 best actor winners) are two dramas that receive highest points of China's film and TV comment Website "豆瓣" ,  9.2/10 and 8.8/10 in 2014. Nirvana in Fire is their first attempt in the genre of "Ancient Imperial Period" and fans have high expectations.

候鸿亮 Team's drama in 2015: The Disguiser(starring Hu Ge, Jin Dong, Wang Kai), air date: August 31 on  Hunan TV Channel, two epi/per day

Nirvana in Fire, air date: September 19, Bejing TV Channel and Shanghai Dragon TV Channel, two epi/per day

Close your Eyes, He's Coming(Wallace Huo, Sandra Ma, Zhang Luyi), air date: October 15, Shanghai Dragon TV Channel, one epi/per week

• Like 9

I love the cinematography for this drama it's like watching it on the big screen ~It's so beautiful :blink: I'm even more surprised that they manged to pull this off with a drama from the warring states period. Most Chinese warring states dramas don't match this type of quality and the acting is sooo good...  wonderfulmomo_stv you are right about the background ost ... I gotta have this one ... I love instrumental ost's:wub:

You feel like it's watching on big screen, because their shooting equipment are actually with film standard. ARRI ALEXA *4, RED EPIC *1

SONY PMW-F3 *1 are their types of shooting camera. As for the historial  period. It's not set in Warring States period, which is pre-Qin Dynasty, at least 2200 years ago. The original novel blurs the historical background. But in order to meet SARFT rules, the TV adaption must be set in certain historical period. After much consideration,  they set it in  Southern and Northern Dynasty, which is pre-Sui and Tang Dynasty, 1500 years ago. 

• Like 2

As much as the production is cinema worthy...my hope is that they don't focus too heavily on battle scenes. From what little of the novel I have read, there is actually quite a large amount of character development through personal interaction off the battle field. I hope they do the characters justice. 

Although the sense I get from the extended trailers is that it is very battle and manipulation heavy. 

I do wonder where they'll start the story though and how close to the novels they will stay...if at all or if this will be a total spin off using just the bare backbones.

• Like 2

As much as the production is cinema worthy...my hope is that they don't focus too heavily on battle scenes. From what little of the novel I have read, there is actually quite a large amount of character development through personal interaction off the battle field. I hope they do the characters justice. 

Although the sense I get from the extended trailers is that it is very battle and manipulation heavy. 

I do wonder where they'll start the story though and how close to the novels they will stay...if at all or if this will be a total spin off using just the bare backbones.

Fans usually worries similarly like you. But the good thing is the script writer is the writer of the novel. She posted on her Weibo about how close they will stay to the original novel. The answer is 80%. "山影" is known for make adaptions better than the oringinal novel.  Judging from the extended preview, there are 4 major changes:one character 聂铎 may be deleted; The interaction between Mei Changsu(梅长苏) and Mu Nihuang(慕霓凰)will be stronger; The antigonists Xie Yu(谢玉) and Xia Jiang(夏江) are smarter and more conniving than original novel. The way they reveal Mei Changsu's true identity to Prince Jing(靖王) is different. Xia Jiang openly accused Mei Changsu being Lin Shu. Prince Yu(誉王) will have more dimentions to his personality. There may be something about him  that worth viewer's sympathy when he meets his end.

They won't focus too heavily on battle scenes.  The open battle scenes I can think of  are flash-back scenes 12 years when the Red Flame Army is wiped out, The March Hunting Palace Coup, and possibly the last battle when Mei Changsu died. 

The major emotional push-and-pull torture, aka OTP,  will come from Mei Changsu and Prince Jing. Many fans already root for them as childhood sweetheart couple.

• Like 4

Three Released MVs sung by the main cast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HHR8IEKvK4, I don't know why this one cann't show itself, anyway it is sung by Wang Kai. Blood Remain Crimson, is a fanmade song online. The Production team takes it in the original sound track.

Enjoy!

Edited by wonderfulmomo_stv
  • Like 5

Nirvana in Fire Profile posters

08bbab0a19d8bc3ec43b9650878ba61ea8d34537

d8049a3533fa828bde100d79f81f4134970a5a37

0f5a27338744ebf80942f4a5dcf9d72a6059a737

68c9fcca7bcb0a46f9111ba36e63f6246b60af37

4117ff2a2834349b1f35fe1fccea15ce36d3be37

d23a11f33a87e950132463f615385343fbf2b437

5ec91187e950352ae152b5925643fbf2b2118b37

52e9fe39b6003af31ea64cfa302ac65c1138b6c2

So many characters will definitely dazzle viewers. If you want to know the relationship between them, please check http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2015/02/nirvana-in-fire-character-profile.html#more , be careful of the spoilers!

• Like 3

Since Nirvana in Fire and The Disguiser are produced by the same production team lead by Hou Hongliang(侯鸿亮). The cast of the two dramas are overlapping. During the publicity of The Disguiser(aired on August 31 on Hunan TV), they released a group of “time-travelling”posters two weeks ago.

4ae788cc7cd98d10d915374e273fb80e7aec9042

c4d623fa513d2697c912332253fbb2fb4216d842

99c08451f3deb48f7ca89aa1f61f3a292cf57842

d7219b51f81986185cf2d4fb4ced2e738ad4e6d6

921e40600c33874443891403570fd9f9d72aa03f

385a1fa85edf8db1378f471b0f23dd54574e74e2

96e97c2c11dfa9ec0d9a6d6864d0f703908fc1d7

• Like 1

Thanks for the posters...but it seems they didn't load properly when you saved the insert :sweatingbullets:

They're not showing up on the thread (on either of your last two posts)

I just edited those pictures, can you see them now?

Nope, they're still showing up as rectangle box outlines...

• Like 1

Nirvana in Fire Profile posters

TH

d8049a3533fa828bde100d79f81f4134970a5a37

0f5a27338744ebf80942f4a5dcf9d72a6059a737

68c9fcca7bcb0a46f9111ba36e63f6246b60af37

4117ff2a2834349b1f35fe1fccea15ce36d3be37

d23a11f33a87e950132463f615385343fbf2b437

5ec91187e950352ae152b5925643fbf2b2118b37

52e9fe39b6003af31ea64cfa302ac65c1138b6c2

So many characters will definitely dazzle viewers. If you want to know the relationship between them, please check http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2015/02/nirvana-in-fire-character-profile.html#more , be careful of the spoilers!

I wish I could see your pictures:tears: but I LOVE  THE LINK soo much hotness from the guys on that page... :wub:I am so anxious to see the bodyguard in action ....!!! not only is he hansom but @IMOmusings said that he could fight. :rolleyes:  Did you see that in the preview?

@carmolita The little bodyguard will actually be appearing twice (he's in  The Classic of Mountains and Seas as well). As for the fighting, I think I saw him training with Mei Changshu's guards...or at least he was in the training grounds and taking on two opponents with spears....mind you he was bare handed xD

I will love to see how this actor portrays him. According to the novel, his personality is very unique. If he can get it perfect, combined with Hu Ge's spectacular acting...this drama will go down a treat :wub:

• Like 2

@carmolita The little bodyguard will actually be appearing twice (he's in  The Classic of Mountains and Seas as well). As for the fighting, I think I saw him training with Mei Changshu's guards...or at least he was in the training grounds and taking on two opponents with spears....mind you he was bare handed xD

I will love to see how this actor portrays him. According to the novel, his personality is very unique. If he can get it perfect, combined with Hu Ge's spectacular acting...this drama will go down a treat :wub:

I can't believe that bodyguard is 15yrs old in real life - unbelievable !!! - he's going to be a knockout when he turns 20-

5881315fjw1edi2fmjnbej20hs0d1jt6.jpg

credit weibo

• Like 3