Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

Is there anything specific you'd like to know? 

I can understand it, but don't have time to translate the whole thing. 

Can you translate the part at 28:35 where he and Wallace are sitting together?  Also, they were talking about him and his cat...I love how they are laughing a lot but have no idea what they are saying.  Would love to know...

• Like 1
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many that will watch this drama are Hu Ge's fans. But I will watch this drama because of the production company behind it. Now, something about the production company, in case anyone is interested lik

For western viewers who are not familiar with Chinese history, it's difficult to understand the political part and power relationship between characters of this TV show. But Chinese viewers can easily

I love this drama. Hu Ge and Liu Tao looks great together! I hope they will make another one in the future but in a romance series. This is a deep, touching, and sad storyline. Very heartfelt! I cried

Voice at 28:30;; ...So what kind of chemical reaction will Wallace's presence bring?  (He literally said "chemical reaction")

@lilhanh

28:38 Lady: So that was (first guy's name). Right now, we have another person willing to provide information, but it seems that this person is truly hidden in the crowd--- Who can it be? ~massive cheering~ Welcome Wallace Huo! Head over to welcome him up. ~~ Been a while since we met!

29:06 - A lot of greetings
29:12: Hu Ge: Today I'm too happy
Wallace: Today, I came especially early.. I could have came later, (Hu Ge: I know) but I didn't even eat dinner in order to make it here - I was afraid I wouldn't make it in time (Hu Ge: I coincidentally ordered an extra dinner box, left it for you) 
Hu Ge: Is there anyone else? If there is anyone else they'll have to sit on the armrest. 
Lady: He can't help himself (Hu Ge: Me or him?)
Lady: Him! He was supposed to be on part 3, but so many people already gave him up. 
Lady: So how do you view this person? 
Wallace: So in my mind/heart's view, he is this kind of.... Can I say it? (Hu Ge: Say it~ Every one keeps asking but they say it anyway~).. I just feel that he is (Lady: You don't need the mic, Wallace: I don't need the mic? Hu Ge: Stop pretending, Lady: Too naughty) I feel very comfortable around him. We don't see each other for long, but since knowing him, I feel as though he is a very considerate person. He doesn't make friends casually and he doesn't frequently hang out with you. But either he doesn't become your friend or he truly uses his heart. We weren't very close before and we aren't really the kind of people who are naturally warm but we understood each other through our  attitude toward our job.  Because I think we have this similarity (Hu Ge: Slow to warm up to people) .. slow to warm up to people but willing to endure hardship. Like, if acting calls for us to fight, Hu Ge is even cooler, he does flips, and he knows how to use the sword. I remember in Paladin 3, the director gave him a super hard move, but he excelled it. Everyone applauded. I was like ;too powerful;. 
Lady: So do you meet outside of work? 
Hu Ge: Very little (Lady: very little)  But I went to his home before
Lady: Is his home messy?
Hu Ge: No, very clean. 

Guy: Once when he went to feed them, he fed them with two cats on his shoulder and the rest following him. 
Lady: Sounds like a weird person, his home is minimalistic, with all these cats. How did you get the cats?
Hu Ge: One was a gift. One I adapted from someone. Two were birthed by those two. The last once, I found. 
33:00 Guy on screen:  Hu Ge is a person who loves animals. He is a loving person. Every time he goes acting, he brings his cats. He loves his cats. He has a lot of cats. I wonder if he is a man or cat. And then I found out, he likes to secretly train his body in his room. Is that funny?
Hu Ge: It's like this. I was acting (title) with him and he lived in the room across from me. He closed his door, but I can hear his grunting through the door. It gives me some kind of motivation/feels like a challenge. So in my own room, I train myself and make grunting sounds back. 

Also: Edit: For anyone who understands Chinese, THIS is too funny. xDD This even more so.

Edited by outsanity
  • Like 4

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted but I have been soo addicted to Nirvana in fire.. I don't know how many times I've re-watched my favorite episodes especially waiting for the next sub to come. I was holding off on watching the ending because i wanted it to last forever until the subs were completed but couldn't hold out and  finally watched it last night.  But I have to know in comparison to the novel because I haven't read the book.is MCS really dead or is it  an uncertainty or is he pretending to be dead since he more less told the emperor that he would disappear from jingyan's life.  I wondered because it seems like  something that he would set up  and did the emperor die of abdicate the throne to jingyan ? 

• Like 3

@carmolita 

I think that drug really kills him, so he is really dead. Even if the drug doesn't kill him, he doesn't exactly have very long to live (1-2 years with expert medical care).

What I find interesting is the amount of attention given to "CP" ("couple", usually used to refer to m/m relations). It's frequently mentioned in interviews and the actors themselves acknowledges it. It is less of a... thing in American entertainment. I think it's cute that Wang Kai sends Hu Ge tidbits he sees on Cheng x Tai (their characters in The Disguiser) though.

• Like 2

I think I read somewhere that originally, the novels emphasised the bromance more than the romance...but they toned that down for the drama and expanded the NH x LS arc.

For anyone that's read the novels...it's definitely more bromance but in the "OMG WHY IS HE DEAD!?!??!?!" and "Mom I miss him" kind of way than the  *coughcough* way

@carmolita In the novel, there isn't that exchange between Emperor and Lin Shu, it just goes straight to him heading off to battle, so there's no need for him to simply disappear (other than wanting to save them the pain of seeing him die from illness). The novel indicates that he died in battle, there's one part in particular, "He (refers to Prince Jing) couldn't hold back his tears as he wrote the last name of those who died in battle."

The synopsis on nearly every site also says that he dies in the way that Lin Shu would i.e. in battle.

• Like 4

I don't think they really did much with the romance which is absolutely fine by me. Longing looks, knowing smiles and the odd bit of skinship... basically crumbs off the rich man's table. I imagine it was there to attract a certain demographic into the fold and some people seem to like romance in everything they watch. To put a kinder spin to it, I daresay it was to show us that Nihuang and Lin Shu were a lost cause.

I'm okay with the fact that Jingyan and Lin Shu didn't have a tearful reunion. For me it showed that the dynamic of their relationship had changed and I think Jingyan had changed a tad as well. He became less emotional, more patient and more circumspect.

I'm glad that they all managed to bully the emperor into re-opening the Chiyan case. While he wasn't in the Herod the Great category, he was ultimately responsible for the deaths of a number of relatives. Yes, he was tricked but I think he showed too that he didn't really trust the people closest to him enough to give them a chance to explain themselves despite their history. I don't doubt that it's been wearing heavily on him the entire time which is why he was kicking and screaming all the way back to his palace. Methinks the emperor doth protest too much.

I suppose the parting words of the emperor to MCS was a backhanded apology despite all the bluster and bravado that preceded it. There's something in that, I guess.

I've been rewatching the battle during the spring hunt. It does remind me a little of the battle at Helm's Deep in The Two Towers (LOTR). ;)

• Like 3

@40somethingahjumma

What struck me as a little weird was that Jingyan, or the way Wang Kai portrayed him, cries in private/so much and he looks on the verge of tears every time Lin Shu was mentioned yet he had almost no reaction when he finally knew that MCS was Lin Shu. I definitely don't expect a tearful reunion, but it needs something more than just a blank expression. 

The producer & director did say that they left the relationship between Jingyan and MCS purposefully vague and held it back so that people can leave what it was up to their imagination, though. 

I think those longing looks, understanding smiles and inside jokes mean a lot more than blatant "I love you"/"I can't live without you". Like, it feels so much... more connection. Whether it's romance or not, it just carries so much more weight.

@lilhanh

What I really want to see was the interview/show where Hu Ge says that Jingyan/Wang Kai was his/MCS's best pair and he says 'I want you'. I can't find it anywhere, though. 

Do you want any translation for that one?

Edited by outsanity
  • Like 5

@outsanity I agree with you Hu Ge definitely has a bromance with Wang Kai (reminds me a lot of CP3 with Wallace) not going to lie the relationship that he has with the male characters are more complex and in my opinion very refreshing because its not suffocating us with the typical romance probably since we know that its going to a lost cause but I adore Liu Tao and love her character Nihuang...this cast is really perfect this has been rebound from HQG...dare I say maybe a little more satisfying since I can never pass up a political drama based on wits and schemes 

• Like 4

I think I read somewhere that originally, the novels emphasised the bromance more than the romance...but they toned that down for the drama and expanded the NH x LS arc.

For anyone that's read the novels...it's definitely more bromance but in the "OMG WHY IS HE DEAD!?!??!?!" and "Mom I miss him" kind of way than the  *coughcough* way

@carmolita In the novel, there isn't that exchange between Emperor and Lin Shu, it just goes straight to him heading off to battle, so there's no need for him to simply disappear (other than wanting to save them the pain of seeing him die from illness). The novel indicates that he died in battle, there's one part in particular, "He (refers to Prince Jing) couldn't hold back his tears as he wrote the last name of those who died in battle."

The synopsis on nearly every site also says that he dies in the way that Lin Shu would i.e. in battle.

Does the novel say anything about what happened to MCS's bodyguard fei le ?  and the rest of his organization? What I found so amazing is that It seems as in the beginning MCS didn't really care about living and accepted that he was going to die but was set on getting his revenge.  But then the more he got to know everyone from his past again, the more he desired his old life back and wanted to live even more. The director did a really good job with this drama and for a drama that was suppose to have a sad ending ... It didn't seem all that sad because you knew the outcome from the very beginning, you just didn't know when or if it would happen.  I liked the way it ended because it was more of a heart felt moment filled with redemption.  Did the author ever write a sequel? and if so do you think their was an open possibility of MCS survival?

Is it just me because Hu Ge's role in this drama seemed so reminiscent of his character in the ballad of the desert.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

@kklucybv101

Oh, I absolutely adore Liu Tao/NiHuang. I just feel that most romance on screen is staged. Most of the time, they end up together because they were supposed to.

Hu Ge has a lot of bromances, not surprisingly. His personality is so playful and from what people say, he cares deeply for his friends. Wang Kai, too. In all the shows of Wang Kai that I've watched so far, he has great bromance with someone. I feel that Wang Kai.. he's sort of like that friend/person who'll hold your coat/get your water/reach out for you? Like, a bit timid - kinda like a follower;; it's hard to put in words. 

HQG makes me roll my eyes; it's such a Mary Sue story ><;

• Like 2

haha @outsanity I love HGQ and Zhao Li Ying is my girl crush I can see why she is a bit of a Mary Sue in this drama but I fell in love with her since Lu Zhen and i watch her works even her cameo in yumama disaster Song in the Cloud which if her stills were not so damn pretty I wouldnt even watch it...I tell you Angelababy is a real Mary Sue she does ABSOLUTELY nothing but you have hunks like Du Chen and Lu Yi head over heels for her...at least in HQG there is character development  

anyway back to Nirvana in Fire Wang Kai is suffering from lovable hot sexy second lead syndrome where you cant help but love him and his character not to mention the eye candy 

• Like 2

@kklucybv101

I just don't like the innocent, loud and naive girl main character thing. I prefer more mature/quiet female leads like those played by Sheren Tang (Hong Kong) or like Sandra Ma in Love Me if You Dare. 

angelababy: "Kim Kardashian of China" and $31 million wedding. Wow. But... she's really pretty in a striking way, so I guess there is that. 

Wang Kai seems to be into modeling recently, following his Weibo. He's bound to get a lead role if he's interested in playing a lead role, though. He's pretty highly rated right now. 

• Like 2

@lilhanh

What I really want to see was the interview/show where Hu Ge says that Jingyan/Wang Kai was his/MCS's best pair and he says 'I want you'. I can't find it anywhere, though. 

Do you want any translation for that one?

Anything you find interesting or funny would be great!!!  I'll try to find the clip as best as possible with Google translate. lol  I wish I can understand Mandarin!!  

• Like 2

just finished watching this series, (viki finished subbing yesterday, anyone helping viki here huge thanks from me)

great drama,

seems to me MCS did not die coz in the uncut version showing him receiving a cup of tea from Lin Sheng.

after listening to emperor explanation I feel MCS' dad had himself to blame as well, he didn't give face to the emperor at all (those who are working for ppl/running ur own business should know the importance of this).

IMO MCS had it easy though, he has so many powerful ppl backing him up both in Jianghu n within the palace, could ve easily staged a revolt then made himself the emperor (the drama wont even last more than 10 epi)

• Like 2

The uncut ending isn't actually part of the drama. Production decided to remove it because it was an additional scene they created that wasn't part of the author's intention for the drama/book ending. They removed it last minute I think...or at least in the last few episodes. 

As far as I'm aware....there isn't a sequel to the book. There's no mention of what happens to Fei Liu or the Jiangzuo Alliance. Anyone that was attached to MCS simply disappears...even Gong Yu doesn't return in the novel. 

@trueTamao . giving face is one thing...but the problem with the Emperor is that he didn't like the fact Lin Shu's dad had such a powerful army that the people revered. Much less someone that Prince Qi admired. For the Emperor, I personally think, that every decision he made was based on how much power he could control. It wasn't ever about who could do the most good, it was about who was the least likely to overthrow him. There's only so much face a person can give before you decide it's just not worth it. The direct approach is sometimes (in the Emperor's case, probably the only) the best approach you can take to get things done. There are only so many ways you can ask for help from the Emperor, and if the people need it...well sometimes you gotta put your life on the line and hope he doesn't kill you.

As for MCS...well of course what we see is him having every one of his plans pay out...but that's after 12 years of hard work and working in the shadows. I really want there to be a prequel about the path of Lin Shu to MCS....that would be like.....300 episodes O_O"

• Like 3