[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

sugarplum892

Guest shiuanchou

Just started watching this drama, and it is beyond my expectation.  Hu Ge played this role so well, so calm but still can see his deep sorrow and always thinking ahead.  I am still having a little problem seeing Liu Tao calling Hu Ge "gege" (big brother...), even though she doesn't look her age but she still looks a little older than Hu Ge, but other than this (which is mostly just my problem:P), she is a good actress, she played this heroine role well, always strong and fearless, but when she found out Su Zhe is her Lin gege, she cried just like a little girl.  I can't wait to see her new drama Legend of Mi Yue.

Edited by shiuanchou

I have to thank the volunteers at viki 3 more people signed on to the project  so the subs are coming quicker like an episode and a half a day :D   So far I am loving this drama, so much addiction*:-SS nail biting.. I especially love this princess tournament .. but the palace backroom deals and backstabbing are so intriguing.. so much mystery ... I can't wait to find out hu ge's secrets!!  He is soooo good In this role..so calm, complex and mysterious!  ? I assumed that maybe the slave boy was prince jiang's (the blacksheep of the royal family) son does he really have no relation to him ??   can't wait for the next episodes ..and  fei le is an amazing body guard .. Does anyone know if he is super intelligent in the story? because he doesn't talk much:rolleyes:

Edited by carmolita
  • Like 3

I have to thank the volunteers at viki 3 more people signed on to the project  so the subs are coming quicker like an episode and a half a day :D   So far I am loving this drama, so much addiction*:-SS nail biting.. I especially love this princess tournament .. but the palace backroom deals and backstabbing are so intriguing.. so much mystery ... I can't wait to find out hu ge's secrets!!  He is soooo good In this role..so calm, complex and mysterious!  ? I assumed that maybe the slave boy was prince jiang's (the blacksheep of the royal family) son does he really have no relation to him ??   can't wait for the next episodes ..and  fei le is an amazing body guard .. Does anyone know if he is super intelligent in the story? because he doesn't talk much:rolleyes:

There's no romance in this drama, right? For once there is no romance if that's the case!

• Like 1

Guest shiuanchou

..and  fei le is an amazing body guard .. Does anyone know if he is super intelligent in the story? because he doesn't talk much:rolleyes:

in the book, Fei Liu's brain was damaged when he was little, he was kidnapped by an assassin group from Japan....most likely some ninja group, the group used drugs and some kind of procedure to damage young boys' brains to control them (so they would always listen to their master) and trained them become great assassins, but the group was eliminated by the government and the kids got away and all killed, only Fei Liu was rescued by Su Zhe. 

@carmolita Tiangshen isn't Prince Jing's son, but is very dear to him for reason you will find out later :D

@thunderman1 There isn't meant to be if they strictly follow the novel. However, I have seen clips of Princess Nihuang by MCS's bed when he's ill so they may be playing it up a little as in the novel, this never happens.

You guys have to, have to watch the episodes starting from 24 onwards. You'll get to see a more human side to MCS. They basically strip him down emotionally and try to rebuild him again...but once you've basically bared your soul to the audience, there's no going back.

• Like 3

Guest severus

So many feels. Has anyone seen Liu Tao's (actress who plays the female lead Ni Huang) letter to Lin Shu Ge Ge? I got really drunk last night so when I read it when I got home, I just bawledddddddd. 

So many feels. Has anyone seen Liu Tao's (actress who plays the female lead Ni Huang) letter to Lin Shu Ge Ge? I got really drunk last night so when I read it when I got home, I just bawledddddddd. 

haha would you mind enlightening us? (I'm not Chinese xD)

I'm guessing this is in the drama somewhere? Although how you manager to read it....O-o

• Like 1

Guest severus

haha would you mind enlightening us? (I'm not Chinese xD)

I'm guessing this is in the drama somewhere? Although how you manager to read it....O-o

No, it's not in the drama. The actress posted it on her Weibo. 

image.jpg

TEARRRSSSSSSS. 

Edited by severus

I honestly didn't expect to like this drama but wow, it got me on the first episode and now I'm addicted to it. Haven't seen Hu Ge in a while and he just nails this role. All the scheming orchestrated by MCS is really interesting. I'm only on episode 30 but my favourite so far is the plot with Xie Yu and Jing Rui.

• Like 3

Hu Ge is amazing!! I love his acting....just not always the character he plays *coughDMYcough*

He's a very versatile actor and his off-screen personality is amazing to boot. Watching him in interviews and tv show appearances is an experience in itself xD

• Like 1

A hello to everyone on this thread. I am loving Nirvana in Fire so much and would like to share this love with everyone here.

@severus, Thank you so much for `ni huang's letter to lin su gege' ...it is heart-wrenching. 

• Like 1

@IMOmusings ... are you posting using same ID in another forum? LOL ... Since this thread is always quiet ... I have resorted to stalking that forum for all the goodies and spoilers you posted over there. Love the discussions. But am too lazy to create another account at another forum to discuss this drama even though it's my current obsession too. Just want to say thanks!! LOL

Even my cousin who's generally not a fan of China drama or this kind of genre is watching this with me and got addicted. 

Can't believe this drama is ending this week ... am so going to miss all the casts ... even the villains.

It's about time Jing Wang affirmed MCS's real identity on his own instead of looking like a deer struck by headlight most of the time. :phew:  Both Jing Fei and Ni Huang got their confirmation because they give MCS no opportunity or excuses to say he's not LS since they act so sure and was sure that he's who they think he is.

• Like 2

@exupery AHAHAHHAAH oh hello ^.^ yes, yes I do. LOL that's the reason I started an account on the other one. This one was too quiet and not many people seem to like it here compared to there.

Sadly....it still takes Jing Wang a fairly long time to figure it out but we are getting closer now that his mum has decided on a wife for him MWAHAHHAHAHA. The wife isn't too bad I don't think...the novel mentions that she's quite smart and refined.

knowwwwww I'm so sad that it will finish soon. 54 episodes and it's nearly over :tears:

I normally find anything over 40 episodes a bit tough to watch but this drama is just so obsessive over-able :sweatingbullets:

Well the women had chance to corner him...can you imagine Jing Wang attempting to strip him? mwahahhahahahahahahahah that would have gone over so well ;)

• Like 2