[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

Same writer/producer/production team,director.. pretty much everything the same.

rated 8.5 on douban.

It has romance but not the romance you see in Wuxia drama's its a more real romance. 

That's like the romance in NIF too for Lin Shu and Nihuang. I'll check it out.

On 7/23/2018 at 8:12 PM, Wotad said:

Its more of a obvious romance ;p 

do you think Lin Shu died at the end?

I saw a clip when his bodyguard poured the tea and Jing Dong's character give it to him?? Also, what did it mean when the red cloth that cover Lin Shu's supposedly death tablet flew off at the end?? And the letter for Nihuang....she cries so assuming he is dead??

21 minutes ago, rosierosie said:

I saw a clip when his bodyguard poured the tea and Jing Dong's character give it to him?? Also, what did it mean when the red cloth that cover Lin Shu's supposedly death tablet flew off at the end?? And the letter for Nihuang....she cries so assuming he is dead??

Yeah i think he died at the end.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

I think we're meant to think that he did. ;)

There is an extra scene that was shot floating around the internet somewhere hinting that he might still be alive but I prefer to think that he died in battle knowing that he had done everything that he set out to do. As it was, he was a man living on borrowed time all throughout his "mission". He knew it and despite what he told them, the others had an inkling too.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, rosierosie said:

did you see NiF 2? do you recommend it? Is it the same production team and director for NiF?

NiF2 was really good as well but it's an entirely different approach to the franchise. It was done by the same production team for NiF. There are aspects of NiF2 that I liked more than the first (shock, horror) but as a whole I think the first was somewhat more consistent in quality from start to finish. Romance was more overt in the second. The focal point of NiF2 is on the Changlin family. Remember the boy that Prince Jing adopted? TIng Sheng? Well, it's 50 years on and he's a father of two grown up sons. The family dynamic there is fantastic. They are a military family tasked with protecting the northern border of Liang. Changlin was the army that was formed at the end of NiF1. For me the show is amazing up to around episode 40 and then it starts to shift its focus, a decision I wasn't entirely onboard with.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Just finished this earlier and I could say my frame of mind was deeply affected by the ending. It's sad, bittersweet and really hits you in both heart and mind. Especially the end scene with Lin Shu and Nihuang. He didn't lie and made a front but promised her his next life and she, so supportive of him to the very end. Even if it must be breaking her heart. T_T

Just curious though as I cannot read Chinese, was it explicitly narrated in the novel that Lin Shu died? Also, if he did, was there any narration of what happened to Junrui and friend, Lin Chen and especially Fei Liu? Thank you in advance.

• 5 months later...

Picked this up recently and it has got me hooked

Currently on episode 12 and a bit disappointed the princess already knows his true identity as I feel like potential storylines would be better if she didn't, but will trust the writing and see where it goes.

• 2 months later...