Quantcast

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

I love this drama. Hu Ge and Liu Tao looks great together! I hope they will make another one in the future but in a romance series. This is a deep, touching, and sad storyline. Very heartfelt! I cried every time the song the wind blows comes on especially with Hu Ge and Liu Tao parts. This is my fav series to end the year with. Love it! Love it!  I love all the casts. They're all great actors! 

• Like 7
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many that will watch this drama are Hu Ge's fans. But I will watch this drama because of the production company behind it. Now, something about the production company, in case anyone is interested lik

For western viewers who are not familiar with Chinese history, it's difficult to understand the political part and power relationship between characters of this TV show. But Chinese viewers can easily

I love this drama. Hu Ge and Liu Tao looks great together! I hope they will make another one in the future but in a romance series. This is a deep, touching, and sad storyline. Very heartfelt! I cried

On 1/4/2016 at 8:10 AM, CKV27 said:

I love this drama. Hu Ge and Liu Tao looks great together! I hope they will make another one in the future but in a romance series. This is a deep, touching, and sad storyline. Very heartfelt! I cried every time the song the wind blows comes on especially with Hu Ge and Liu Tao parts. This is my fav series to end the year with. Love it! Love it!  I love all the casts. They're all great actors! 

I can't agree with you more. This is my favourite drama for 2015. I love every episode and the cast. While I can understand how the drama ended, my heart still aches for Lin Shu, Ni Huang and Prince Jing.

• Like 6
On 12/31/2015 at 8:53 PM, elliezsnow said:

Recently just finished watching this! Here's an unofficial fan made cut ending. Just thought I'd share it here for people who didn't know about it! Enjoy! 

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos.

I'm not sure which is better, but the impact of the official ending was definitely much stronger for me than this one. I guess this can be a personal preference type of thing. 

This was made by the production team, not a fan video. And they decided not to put this part in the final episode.

I'm so grateful they deleted the scene from the ending. If not it would be too horrible and destroyed the entire show. 

• Like 4
On 1/2/2016 at 11:59 PM, syntaxerror said:

Really love this drama.

Can anyone recommend any similar dramas? Wuxia drama that are heavily political?

Not a wuxia drama, but a drama with many overlapping cast members as Nirvana in Fire: The Disguiser. They are amazing actors/actresses! It's also heavily political, but during the 1930s-ish. It starts out slow, but definitely worth following through and watching the entire series! Check it out if you haven't yet :)

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a great drama; I love it.   

The acting is outstanding.  This drama, made me sad sometimes, but others times, it made me laugh.  I would recommend this drama to anyone who like historical political dramas.  Most Asia dramas have subtle messages or lessons learned,and this drama is no exception.  The drama shows how being too greedy(covetous) can have disastrous and deadly outcomes and how being too distrusting and superstitious can lead to untold lost of life.         

• Like 6

This drama is the highest level of costume drama in China.

On douban.com, a major Chinese film portal, the drama has a 9.2 rating out of 10 from the website's users. That's  a  very very high score.

• Like 4

When I was in China last year, it was just after the drama was finished, many friends asked to watch it and tell me it was a great drama. I don't have time to watch it till last week. It was based on the popular novel by Hai Yan. And I've also finished the book. So far, I have to admit it is the best drama, even it's better than the original novel. I'm not fan of any actors and actresses or the director. But for me, it is the best Chinese drama for the past few years.

• Like 5

Im so grateful to @carmolita  for recommending this drama to me  :wub:. This was prolly one of the best cdrama Ive seen in a long time. I was completely in love with Hu Ge's character. At first I thought this was gonna be some type of epic romeo and juliet love story with crazy palace schemes going on. But wow the story was just something else. Big props to the writer for doing such a great job. I loved the clothing, acting, music and the great cinematography . This was my first time watching almost all of the cast in a drama. I'm glad they did a good job portraying the characters (loved Hu Ge, Liu Tao, Fei Liu,Consort Jing and Meng Zhi acting). I'm excited and looking forward to their future projects. This drama made me laugh a lot and cry a lot as well. Such a touching story. I can't wait for the sequel. Best of luck to the NOF team. I promise you 1000% if you watch this drama you won't be disappointed.:)

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I'm not much of a politcal, revenge genre drama kind of person. I'm more inclined to start a drama if only there is a romance genre in it. If not it's a pass for me. But this drama was so highly rated everywhere and there wasn't a single bad review of it (maybe it's just that I couldn't find any). I started getting curious and here I am... In my post-drama withdrawal symptom... Not knowing what to do with life.... HAHAH 

Though it's not a romance drama, the romance between LinShu and NiHuang was enough for me. Each time they appear on screen together, the feels in my heart just explodes HAHA. The little bits of scenes we get is sufficient enough to let my shipper heart be happy. Though it would have been great if we got more scenes of NiHuang. I feel that as one of the main characters, she's kinda neglected during the entire series where she was always sent off to places. 

Got to say that I absolutely love the bromance in this drama. Between MCS and all the guys. JingYan, Fei Liu, Lin Chen and the rest of the guys in the Jiangzuo alliance. It would have been lovely to see what happened to the guys in the Jiangzuo alliance at the end, but I heard that they weren't addressed in the novel so.. wells.

Thank you Nirvana In Fire!! It has now easily included itself into my favourite dramas list. I laughed and I cried with all the characters through the 54 episodes. I don't know why but i'm actually feeling thankful for starting this drama HAHAH but to anyone who hasn't started this, please do give it a try!! It is really a beautifully written and brilliant drama :D 

tumblr_ngazv0OOxy1qij3qwo4_r1_500.gif

credits literallyadramaqueen

• 1 month later...

I've been on my fifth viewing of the drama and there's really nothing like it. Even though I've watched other dramas since, nothing has come close in matching it in scope and execution. And the characters... What a fascinating array of individuals so ably portrayed by a sterling cast. The plotting and scheming, counterattacks... They haven't lost their appeal  no matter how many times I watch them.

In a league of its own.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've been on my fifth viewing of the drama and there's really nothing like it. Even though I've watched other dramas since, nothing has come close in matching it in scope and execution. And the characters... What a fascinating array of individuals so ably portrayed by a sterling cast. The plotting and scheming, counterattacks... They haven't lost their appeal  no matter how many times I watch them.

In a league of its own.

Well said, @40somethingahjumma, it is in a league of its own. It is a drama that I will re-watch whenever I miss it. 

@ricenamja, thank you for the summary gifs of the key characters...so spot on. I love the jealous Nihuang who told Lin Shu that safeguarding him would be her responsibility henceforth!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard that there'll be Nirvana in Fire 2.  Today, I found this link on youtube.

I don't have the idea about NIF 2 'coz it already ended last year. 

I love this story very much, I watched with English subtitle. Thank you to all translators.

• Like 3