[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

sugarplum892

Guest yufen18

@imomusings  can tell me the other forum u and @exupery talking coz I want join to, well this forum to quiet I love this drama and now I cant wait for next eps 47 when jing wang meet his future wife hihihihi, I cant wait jing wang confrontation to mei chang su he is a LIN SHU he suspect so long but still doubt

Does anyone know the tv schedule/broadcasting for this show?  And how many episodes it's suppose to have?  I've been looking on the web and see various numbers from 50-54 episodes.  Yet, some wrote that the last broadcast will be Oct. 15th?  I've only seen up to 48 episodes.  Don't they normally show 4 episodes per week?  So how does this make any sense if there's only 54 episode but there' s 6 episodes left?  My heart is just racing to see how all this will end.  Hu Ge's acting really took my by surprise as I absolute LOVE him in this role.  I've seen his other shows and never thought much of it, until now.  This weak, brilliant mind, calculating, funny, charming, but no energy is so different than his other roles.  I hope he wins some kind of an award for this.  

• Like 2

The women are more emotional/expressive/sensitive and MCS could not but succumbed when they looked at him with such sureness, sadness, anguish and tears. I really am not looking forward to the show ending so soon! This is an exciting story (even with the long dialogues), excellently directed with an outstanding cast. 

• Like 1

@IMOmusings lol ... I don't want to imagine Jing Wang trying to strip him but I can imagine the BTS should be darn funny.

btw ... was there some cut or something or did I miss out on something while watching 'coz they didn't continue on with who YJ is supposed to be betrothed to if he had been a girl right? Although from what the king's brother said I thought he could have been referring to Lin Shu. Hahaha ... After all it makes sense since the Yan family is close with Lin family and YJ's dad used to be childhood sweetheart with Lin Shu's aunt ... the tragic Chen Fei. Surely it can't be Qi Wang. LOL Oh wells ...

Sigh ... I wonder how the drama ending will be. But I'm already prepared for the worst. Sometimes looking at how jovial this Lin Chen is ... I kinda suspect maybe he lied to Lin Shu about how long he's got to live ... you know just to scare him and make him tone down. Not that he listens to him but imagine how worst he would be if if he's told he can last longer than he thought. LOL

• Like 2

@exupery the BTS would probably be the highlight of the series xD

Nah...they cut it weird. I'm waiting for the unedited version to see if they actually continue that scene or not. Or they may have deliberately cut it since I don't remember it in the novel...There aren't that many girls in the drama though LOL in the novel....there are about....2-3 more around Yujin's age.

Later on, you'll know he didn't lie ^.^

As for the ending...I know I'll hate it. I was lucky enough to have people link me the very last scene of the series...in an attempt for a happy ending...I think they actually butchered it T_T

• Like 1

Finally going to start this now that it is finished since i'm still recovering from HQG waiting for subs and next episodes will kill me but I am totally looking forward to this He Ge has definitely become more attractive to me with his later more serious roles...wasn't really digging him in Chinese Paladin I or III

• Like 1

The drama with Liu Yi Fei wasn't too bad...it was the pairing in Chinese Paladin that threw me off his game. For some reason, I just found the actresses in them to be too annoying to watch.

After watching NiF...I don't think I'd ever be able to watch a drama like HQG again LOL....it was too painful both emotionally and mentally. I wanted to do some damage to my computer whilst watching that series...

I'm going to need to re-watch this drama so many more times before I can go onto anything else T_T

• Like 1

I love this show! Can't put it down each night... so addictive. I wasn't a fan of Hu Ge although he's very good looking but never really watched his dramas.

So glad I picked up this drama. I actually didn't have any expectation. Just started watching when I ran out of stuff to watch after 花千骨。

I have to say, this drama is more addictive! All those scheming and calculating tricks, love it because that's how it was back in their time.

• Like 2

Oh wow...just finished this series and it's hitting me hard.  

SPOILER ALERT:  

[spoiler ]I'm satisfied with the ending...even when it's so sad.  It seems, they did stick to the novel.  In my heart, I wished the author would have made this a happy ending.  Let him be cured by his friend, and live a happy life with the princess with his cute body guard by his side.  However, this ending is more in tune with the feel of the drama, and definitely has a lot more depth in the sacrifices and staying true to his character.  He actualized his dream and duty--a true hero of the time, not just clearing up his family name.  However, I wished they would give us a scene with him and his love ones saying good bye.  A letter to the king to inform of his death is just...well...if the director wanted me to feel how the princess and King felt (sorry don't know the chinese name to ref.) with this distance good bye, leaving with just a memory and longing for the moment, director--you've succeeded.

What do I do now with no more Nirvana in Fire to keep me going?!  First, Journey of Flowers, now Nirvana in Fire.  I must admit, the Chinese drama making is getting better and better.  But what is next to surpass these 2 series.  While the love line in Nirvana in Fire is less potent, the love and feel between the characters, the devotion and loyalty, the intelligence and script writing in my opinion far surpasses anything out there so I was able to move on from my love with Journey of Flowers.  But what series can beat this?  Any suggestions...I'm going through a withdrawal now...Hu Ge is my new favorite Chinese actor. Wow.[ /spoiler]

Edited by lilhanh
  • Like 3

Oh wow...just finished this series and it's hitting me hard.  

SPOILER ALERT:  

[spoiler ]I'm satisfied with the ending...even when it's so sad.  It seems, they did stick to the novel.  In my heart, I wished the author would have made this a happy ending.  Let him be cured by his friend, and live a happy life with the princess with his cute body guard by his side.  However, this ending is more in tune with the feel of the drama, and definitely has a lot more depth in the sacrifices and staying true to his character.  He actualized his dream and duty--a true hero of the time, not just clearing up his family name.  However, I wished they would give us a scene with him and his love ones saying good bye.  A letter to the king to inform of his death is just...well...if the director wanted me to feel how the princess and King felt (sorry don't know the chinese name to ref.) with this distance good bye, leaving with just a memory and longing for the moment, director--you've succeeded.

What do I do now with no more Nirvana in Fire to keep me going?!  First, Journey of Flowers, now Nirvana in Fire.  I must admit, the Chinese drama making is getting better and better.  But what is next to surpass these 2 series.  While the love line in Nirvana in Fire is less potent, the love and feel between the characters, the devotion and loyalty, the intelligence and script writing in my opinion far surpasses anything out there so I was able to move on from my love with Journey of Flowers.  But what series can beat this?  Any suggestions...I'm going through a withdrawal now...Hu Ge is my new favorite Chinese actor. Wow.[ /spoiler]

[Spoiler alert}

I agree with you.....rationally, the ending makes sense and is in line with the character of Lin Shu/Mei Chang Shu and the mood of the drama. But, there is this dull ache in my heart that wishes otherwise. The romantic in me am grateful for that confession scene between Lin Shu and Ni Huang, both in their battle fatigue to do their duties to their country, knowing that they will not see each other again but with a promise of undying love in their next life.

• Like 3

Have been following this drama since its started, Like the intense plot. The ending would have been perfect if it have more details of the LS death though I did not read the novel.  HG shines in this drama.

• Like 2

Guest shiuanchou

I was reading the info of this drama on baidu couple weeks ago, and there was a different ending for the drama, mostly the same, but there was one sentence suggested Lin Shu went back to Mt. Lang Ya with Lin Chen......I was really hoping for this ending, but sadly the drama went with the book's ending.  After I watched the last eps, I went back to baidu and found the info was edited to the true drama ending.

I like how the drama cut some small characters and gave more romance to Lin Shu and Ni Huang.....even though I think it was really difficult for them to tell if they really love each other (romantically) or more toward to the family kind of love.  Ni Huang is trying to hard to support Lin Shu and not to become his burden, the look with tears from far away says everything. 

Hu Ge is just like how Lin Shu/MCS is described in the book, he's perfect for the role.   

There is a "Special"  for Nirvana, watched part 1, at Mt Lang Ya xiao fei liu was learning to make tea, one cup was being passed to a mysterious hand sticking out without showing the body ( would that be LS)?

• Like 2