[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Nirvana in Fire 琅琊榜

sugarplum892

Great News!

People can actually watch this show on TV. Nirvana in Fire will be aired on USA, from September 21, Monday to Friday, San Francisco, KTSF26, 21:00 - 22:00p.m.  I guess people who can understand Chinese will be happy to hear this news. Does anyone know that if American TV Channel have the habit of cutting dramas? If not, it's a blessing. Though NIF will air the fastest in China. Because we get 2 episodes each night. 

No American tv don't cut dramas~ they just give warnings or air in a different time slot if on broadcast tv - for cable tv anything goes and doesn't matter what's shown on there, only broadcast tv has self-regulation.  Nirvana in fire may have subtitle's available  most  Chinese channels will have subs for dramas if not simulcast/ aired at the same time as the drama's native country. But this is good news  

• Like 1

I've just watched the first two episodes and let me say OMGSH!!! I'm loving it sooo much already. THe dynamics between Fei Liu and Mei Changsu are just *mmph* divine~~~ it's so cute! It's so brotherly in nature and yet, anyone who has read the novel will know just how deep the relationship between the two runs.

KEHEHEHEHHEHE:

MXIyRx4.pngAnd one of him pouting after being told to go home I think...:

XgMnPOL.png

Mei Changsu giving Fei Liu his snacks:

6ljURwn.png

Let's not forget to mention the outstanding martial arts of Fei Liu...that kid is just a mini powerhouse with so much naivety that I don't know if I should feel sorry for his enemies or sorry for him, having to turn to Mei Changsu as a guide all the time. 

The funniest is when he attempts to use qing gong to leave and Mei Changsu is like "leave normally (or maybe it was walk away)" AHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

The drama progress through the first part of the novels quite quickly, skipping out on the intro of Lang Ya mountain and how Jing Rui and Mei Changsu come to know each other. The first two episodes basically introduces all the main characters...i.e. most of the princes including the crown prince and least ambitious, Princess Huangni and the general.

I can't get over how cute Fei Liu is ahahahhaha

Edited by IMOmusings
  • Like 3

So far the show is really good. I'm very impressed by it. Each character is fits really well. It's nice to see the actors playing much older and mature roles. Everyone is growing up. Liu Tao is beautiful and Hu Ge is so gentle and intelligent. :) I look forward to watching more of the show. :)

Edited by nedayaj88
  • Like 2

oh my goodness AHAHHAAHAHAH I love how Su Zhe just sits there calmly eating while the people are fighting. Especially when Princess Nihuang questions him about the little boys AHHAHAHHA

but darn....how Su Zhe sees through all the schemings of the palace is so....just wow :blink: I wonder if Nihuang will listen to him form now on seeing as what happened when she ignored his advice...

Edited by IMOmusings
  • Like 3

aUGHHH I was hoping it would air on the east coast of the US but no such luck.... and I checked all the cable listings - I guess I need to move to the west coast now ...  I saw the videos on VIKI , however, it's going to be a long time to see the subs because they need  English subbers but they have subs for other languages :sweatingbullets: So I'm dying to know the complete story - love the girl fight with her brothers ...although not sure if there her real brothers or if she's just calling them that:rolleyes: I'll keep watching and will watch again when subs become available ...The sets are amazing and the costumes.. love the soundtrack ..gotta have it @IMOmusings  you are soo right that body guard can fight!!

• Like 1

@carmolita oh no, I watch the episodes RAW xD, they're available on Youtube as soon as it airs.

@wonderfulmomo_stv I totally forgot to reply to your post about Fei Liu ahahha I was too wrapped up in watching the drama. 

Thank you for the info. I did gather that from my reading of the novel translation, but I didn't want to say too much since @carmolita may not have read it.

I find it funny the love/hate thing going on between General Meng and Fei Liu. Half the time I can't tell if Fei Liu actually dislikes him, is jealous of him or dislikes him because he is jealous of him. 

Su Zhe is such a cool headed character...he isn't ever phased by anything. SPOILER:

Like in the last two episodes, when Fei Liu went to fight assassins...he's just sitting in his room and reading his book while you can hear the sounds of swords clashing outside. Not to mention the scene where the general guy from Prince  Jing's place shot the dagger at him....he's just so....blank all the time. The only time I've ever seen emotion on him is when he's ill...or with Princess Nihuang...or maybe the twitch of an eye when General Meng says something that he thinks is stupid :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

ugh....I just read the ending of the novel...and I seriously hope the drama has a more fulfilling ending.

The characters futures just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and the relationship between Princess Nihuang and Lin Shu just....no I hate the ending. I know that he dies in the end, but still...I seriously hate the way the writer wrote her out of the story :angry:

• Like 2

Omg haven't seen a Chinese show that tickled my balls so much in a lonngggg time 

1. Hu Ge is sexy as fck

2. Just the right amount of mystery and suspense, but you're not straining to follow along, you just know you have to wait for more

3. The female is capable of thinking for herself, has a life and mission of her own, her life doesn't revolve around the men around her  

As much as I love Shifu in Hua Qian Gu, I gave up on the show half way. 

Edited by severus

@severus political intrigue dramas are so much more fulfilling to watch than fantasy-drama, regardless of whether it's about actual historical events or not. This drama in particular, so far, has just the right ratio of revenge, tragedy and love to keep me interested. Some reviews have said that the plot sort of just moves along on its own without any high/low points, but I find that the high/low points is not in the actual action of the drama, rather, in the byplay between Mei Changsu and the rest of the royal court.

The way that he plays them to his own tune is pure brilliance. 

I think the only thing that I will end up disliking is that new girl. The one that keeps trying to do nice things for him.

• Like 3

This show is all mind games @IMOmusings, and I love it. I don't particularly love shows with really dramatic highs and lows, when it's dramatic just for the sake being dramatic (folks who need instant gratification and everything played out before their eyes usually do). And I'm sure the turbulence will come, given his health, the emotional ties, and the risks that he takes for revenge. I have high hopes of a gooooood fallout, after everything builds up smoothly. 

I'm up to episode 12, and I love how his identity as 林殊 isn't dragged out, 霓凰 is smart enough to figure it out, and he's man enough to admit it. The drama is left for the real substance, his vengeance and the bloodbath that is bound to ensue. But first we get to appreciate how he puts all his Chess pieces in place. 

Man.....Su Zhe is scary when his people are injured...

Even though he manipulates people to his end goal of revenge, he doesn't forget his humanity along the way. Or at least is nice enough to help his friends stay filial. First, helping Jing Rui, then the other guy. You can't help but love Su Zhe and yet, you have to wonder how long it is before he gets betrayed again *sigh*

• Like 4

OH MY LORD OH MY LORD YESSSS!!! Ok so I was roaming the net for other forums about this drama and ran across this:

Also I read on a Chinese thread for the series (I am obsessed) that the series took out a major character that Nihuang actually ends up with in the novel. The scriptwriter is apparently also the guy who wrote the book, and the one major plot line he altered was the romance arc between MCS and NH. So that gives me hope that although their romance is doomed, there'll be some good scenes and touching moments between the two. In the novel apparently the two have a more long lost brother-sister reunited feel, but here you can definitely see the romance. And the guy NH ends up with in the book doesn't even exist! But that also makes me sad cause you know he'll just end up leaving her again in the end...

YES YES YES!! This was probably my pet peeve regarding the ending for this drama, I can't wait to see how it works out now!!

• Like 3