[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] The Journey of Flower 花千骨

sugarplum892

So Hua Qian Gu is going to air in Thailand in April and I'm not sure what to expect because as frequent lakorn addict the censorship is well limited since there are lots of kiss and slap and r-rated scenes so perhaps there's a chance we will see those cut scenes I'll try to keep updating the status of the Thai broadcast 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1065562763507827&id=104683156262464 

• Like 4

@CatD, yeah I understand the feeling.  Sometimes we love and ship the drama characters so much we get disappointed when the love is not carried beyond the drama.  

@kklucybv101, thanks.  Keep us updated.  Hope the Land of Smiles will enjoy this drama and come to love the characters as much as we do.

• Like 3

On 2/16/2016 at 2:36 AM, kklucybv101 said:

So Hua Qian Gu is going to air in Thailand in April and I'm not sure what to expect because as frequent lakorn addict the censorship is well limited since there are lots of kiss and slap and r-rated scenes so perhaps there's a chance we will see those cut scenes I'll try to keep updating the status of the Thai broadcast 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1065562763507827&id=104683156262464 

Perhaps the Thailand version is our hope! I'm still hoping...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@BellyButton I was also in awe of FGG's crazy imagination! Thank goodness for these amazing minds. They come up with the best stories. TJOF is definitely in my top 3 favorite dramas. :) 

@ricenamja hahaha oh yeah, I forgot about Mo Yan. I believe he cared for BZH a little too much to be called a straight man. 

@BaiZiHua I need some motivation to keep on reading! I tend to skip around and read the scenes that I like. I had a great new year! Hope you had a great one too. PS: Greetings to our Concubine Club. :D 

Hello guys, its been a while. Ive been re-watching TJOF recently and I suddenly miss my lovely people in this forum! I had so much fun being with all of you. Hope everyone is doing wonderful! 

• Like 2

@myden

Hello my fellow sisterwife :D:P. It's good to hear you're new year is going well. I hope this year will be good for me too . I think I'm gonna go re-watch JOF too. I remember how much fun we used to have on this thread and how much we hated Catfish lmao. Such fond memories we had on this thread .:wub::wub:If you find the full uncut scenes please come back to let us know about it okay? Hugs.

@budgerie

You can watch it on Viki (Eng Subs). Here's the link http://www.viki.com/tv/25474c-the-journey-of-flower.  Enjoy:)

• Like 2

@BaiZiHuaThank you for the link. Ya i miss sifu/xiao gu so want to watch the drama again. I hope the full uncut scenes come out soon. Anyway, i don't know if it's true, my friend said she saw in Shanghai the uncut scenes DVD. She didn't watch TJOF so maybe what she saw is what we saw before. 

• Like 2

@budgerie

Thanks, I already finished re-watching this drama (I kinda watched it in fast forward.....hehe):). I cried buckets of tears watching this again because all the characters I loved in this drama went through some crazy tragic stuff.  Out of the entire cast there's only 1 character ( 苗馳/Sheng Xiaomo ) whom I loved that didn't go through hell.  I'm hoping they will make a movie with the original cast. That would be amazing if they do it and I might even forgive Hunan TV & Sarft for deleting my kiss scenes. :D

• Like 3

@BaiZiHua : I'm still watching (slowly). Reluctant to say good bye so fast but I did fast forward those unnecessary scenes and realised there are lots of them. Yes, I like the 3rd Bro very much esp the bromance between him and BZH. He's the only one who understands BZH and acceptance of HQG/BZH relationship. He knew from a long time ago that there's more to it than meets the eye and he was quiet and calm about it.

This is one drama that made me want to bang my head on the wall with its ending. I wasted lots of tears too. I want a good ending yes (both got together) but I also want those deleted scenes. The drama seemed so incomplete. I hope the Thai broadcast would give us that complete feeling. (Shifu is a good kisser, wish Fresh Guo Guo would go further like ripping off her clothes - hahaha, i really would love that).  :D

As for movie with original cast, not high chance. Wallace has said he will stop ancient plays for the moment plus it's actually a repeat of TJOF drama. Don't think he would be attracted to the terms.

And the HuaYing ship has sank? :( I just love their chemistry here. I hope WH/LY would do a drama tog again. Maybe just like Scarlet Heart 2, we'll have TJOF 2 with the original cast in modern times. 

• Like 2

Hello guys, Im new here and I wonder if I can ask... I couldnt find any other big wuxia community, so I hope Im in the right place.

So, I watched the journey of flower already some time ago, and I liked it a lot. I did liked music, story, and all the characters (villains included). I think there was only one character I didnt liked, and that was that boy who showed up in the last parts... but anyway...

It was an amazing journey and also my first wuxia I had seen, and now I would like to see something similar, with good characters, interesting story and good music.

So can anyone recommend me something? Preferably with female lead, and with english subs.

Edit: I would be glad for some identical actors from TJOF if possible, cause I really liked them. Zanilia was cute and perfect first impression, Wallace was ok, Ma Ke was great villain and Zhang Andy also great.

MOD EDIT: Please do not go off topic in drama threads.  Use PMs if necessary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time posting here. I've always been a silent lurker ^^

@Stanislav Stratil I'm not sure which dramas you've watched before so I'll share the ones that I watched and liked.

Wuxia dramas :

Chinese Paladin 3 

- I think this one has one of the best flower cast (Wallace is in it) and it has a lot of CPG effects like Hua Qian Gu. It's not bad

Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2009

- Frankly, I watched this such a long time ago I don't remember it. But I remember I followed it on television quite religiously so it must have been pretty good

Vigilantes in Masks 2011

- Wallace is in it. (I'm a wallace fan. lol) Really like the female lead. More action and less romance but it does come in in the later half so i'm still quite content with the love line. It's a nicer watch than you'd expect. 

Wuxin the monster killer

- I actually didn't finish this. But i watched the first few episodes and it was interesting. The plot is fresh compared to most other c dramas

Sound of the desert

- Okay I dropped this halfway. But that was only because I was rooting for the guy who didn't get the girl and couldn't stand the suffering. Lol :P But up until i decided to drop it, it was a really good one. Really likeable female lead

Period dramas :

Lan Ling Wang

- Really nice. I was skeptical about Ariel as the female lead but after watching this I like her. 

Palace

- I obsessed over this drama for a while. Lots of hana yori dango references but I liked it. I actually prefer this over bu bu jing xin

Perfect Couple

- Another wallace drama. Really comedic and loved wallace's character in this one. 

Go Princess Go

- Just watched this and it's plain slapstick comedy. And the low budget-ness just screams in your face. But it was funny and I liked the female lead so much I was still intrigued to finish this anyway. and did so in a week:sweatingbullets:

Royal tramp 2008

- lead is an anti-hero. Doesn't really have a female lead. (dude has almost a dozen wives. lol) Really enjoyed this one.

All Men Are Brothers 2011

- If you don't mind the absence of romance this is a really good one. The fighting scenes are epic

If you don't mind watching a few modern ones... 

Boss & Me

- Zanilia won my heart in this one. Easy watch and the leads are super likeable. Really recommend it if you haven't watched it. 

Love me if you dare. 

- Wallace is the male lead. CSI like. I obsessed over this one too. lol

Battle of Changsha

- War drama. I thought it was gonna be boring at first but it turned out to be so good. Like HQG, the first half is comedic with romance development and the latter half is where all the action kicks in.

I haven't watched any of Zanilia's period dramas though... so i'm not sure about that. I don't recall most of the dramas I watched. These are the ones I could think of. Hope it helps :lol: