[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] The Journey of Flower 花千骨

sugarplum892

Guest dominjoonssi

i have not read all your comments, have laundry chores to do and a early start the next day.

there are a lot of first time cdrama fans and also first time live broadcast fans here.

having lived through a few dramas which were brutally censored by SARFT and TV stations, nothing fazes me anymore. i don't rant about repeat scenes, i don't rant about censorship and editing. i accept that this is the kind of environment Cdramas are forced to premiere their broadcast in, the kind of environment the production teams, actors and other media people have to grapple with, out of respect for their hard work, i do not rant until I see the final original version. which is why I always look forward to the end of the premiere broadcast in China, which means I can have a chance at looking at the original product, only then will I criticise the drama if it sucks. for those who are privileged enough to live in countries with freedom of expression, please do not apply your standards to China or other Asian countries, things are really a lot more complicated than you think, and unless you have experienced it for yourself or actually live with it, ranting about it only adds fire and salt to those people who are dealing with it on a daily basis. people are working to change this, but this isn't something that can be changed overnight.

for today's episodes, the scenes that weren't cut were so nicely shot for Demon Goddess Flower and Sexy Shifu. I loved their expressions. I really hope they get awards or at least nominations for their acting. I was disappointed with the Final Battle, which was twiddled down to a much smaller scale than it was in the novel. It became only about Chang Liu and not about the 6 Realms, which made it seem so much more trivial. The epilogue ending was much less satisfying, with only Sexy Shifu and Pretty Flower achieving partial happiness at the expense of everyone else. Again, censorship and editing really killed the drama. At this time, we have no idea which parts are cut by which party, Ciwen, SAFRT or Hunan. In all, I will still be reserving my judgement for the series until I see the international version. hopefully we can get a confirmed date for the broadcast in Taiwan, which should be around Dec, after they finish airing "The 4 Young Famed Detectives".  Will post news if I get them.

As for DVDs, it's best to get them from yesasia.com rather than ebay or other online sources, it's more expensive at least you can be ensured those are legitimate copies. Do not hurry to get China versions until you have confirmed news which version it features. Unfortunately China and Taiwan versions do not feature English subtitles, you might want to wait for the Malaysian version, but Malaysia has some censorship issues as well, do take note. Ciwen has plans to bring this to the US and Europe markets, so there is high chance of a US DVD version, which probably has good English subs, be patient and wait. Wuxia and Xianxia Cdramas seemed to have a small niche market in the US, so there is good chance of DVD release,

As for the movie, the Vietnamese translation of the interview is inaccurate. Producer Tang Lijun has stated it is not confirmed that they are getting the original production team and cast to do the film, they are a little conflicted  about getting the same actors to reprise their drama roles in the film, since the cast did such a wonderful job for the drama, because the film will be a closer adaption of the novel, they are not quite sure if the actors were to act the same roles with different interpretations, how well will it be received? Everything is still in planning though, at current they are hoping to start shooting 2nd half of 2016. there should be an animated series for Tang Bao though.

As for official merchandise, there are very very few official merchandise for the TV series, she mentioned a Tang Bao box, casing or suitcase, which is of high quality and isn't cheap. Other than that she didn't mention much, except there are a lot of imitation Tang Bao soft toys, which you can tell cos they were based on the preview trailers released and not the completed CG version in TV broadcast episodes. So unfortunately, probably all the stuff we have seen selling online are unauthorised replicas and imitations. They do plan to release more official merchandise in advance when the film come along.

edit: when the viki subs come out, please watch again. the death scene is extended w ZR's monologue about BZH's choices, and we get to see Sexy Shifu finally saying he will give her anything she wants and somewhat in a daze. no, he doesn't go berserk and kill people like in the novel. this feels like an SARFT cut because they are still trying to keep it positive and healthy for the young viewers. hopefully the international version comes out, they have a better edit for the story-line.and the weak ending

Edited by dominjoonssi

@Cupcakeninja the ending : QG insisting BZH to kill her and even give him the Deity Sword, but BZH refuse to kill her. QG trick BZH and making an illusions as if she kill all Chang Liu disciples that MY bring to harm her, and BZH seeing that, stab her. When he held her, MY, SXM and the rest of CL disciples come, and the illusions of the corps is gone, so BZH just realize that QG trick him. QG said that in the end BZH is not believing her but believe his eyes more. BZH then stab himself so he can die with QG. But QG cure his scar and wound, and curse him to be live forever, never get hurt, never die. And then QG die.

QG voice over that she think all her act is right to sacrifice herself and we can see MXL feeding QS while QS wiping his tears, and we also see Good Twin in Zu Mountain with the disciples of Zu Mountain practising sword.

Then we see QG in her old home, feeding chickens and then just fall asleep, BZH is not too far from there in the pavillion reading some scroll and seeing QG fall asleep, come near here and caressing her cheek, when SXM came and bring some medicines. BZH put QG on her bed and go talk with SXM at the pavillion.

Through SXM and BZH conversations, we get to know that QG is getting better, she can not stay awake for a long time, but she get awake longer each day, but she still lose all her memories. SXM feel relieve seeing BZH back to his old self, because when BZH go crazy, it looks scary. MY sacrifice himself to save QG. ZR redeem himself and willing to take his punishment being locked for 30 years. (but we didn't see MY sacrifice, BZH go crazy, ZR redeem himself, we only know all this from BZH-SXM conversations only). SXM then ask BZH why he still asuming teacher disciple relationship with QG and BZH reply that this is what bests for them for the time being.

We get to see the ice coffin of SQM, and SQM voiceover : Little Thing why are you not here? Are you going back to BZH? Wait for me, I will come and accompany you soon.

Then we see BZH with sleeping QG on a raft. Then QG awake and see the beautiful scenery. BZH let QG name the place. Then BZH put the palace bell (is now  a necklace) on QG neck, and QG ask why the palace bell seem has been broken? BZH reply some idiot accidently broken it. QG : huh? BZH : I will tell you more sometimes. And then BZH hold QG's hand and they both fly with the swords.

THE END.

• Like 6

First of all, I will thank all of you for your comments, spoilers and gifts….I thank the actors, actress and producer for their work. And now to my mood:

I am mad, sad, angry disappoint and never ever watch a cdrama live again! JOTF is my first and last drama.....

I really hope, they will bring the uncut full produce dvd! Otherwise I won’t buy it!

thinking about it TJOF is also my first live CDrama, the previous drama I watched are BBJX, DAMO YAO, the glamorous imperial concubine, Perfect couple, Lan Ling Wang, Gong, Xuan Yuan Sword,  Li Ying's female prime minister, The return of Condor heroes...also some that I haven't finished...

Still Good job to the writer, directors, cast, and production team. I can really say that TJOF has so much potential, it was there I can see it but not achieve because of the cutting of the scenes that made the show hard to understand. For me it was already hard to understand since I can't speak, read, understand chinese.

Even though, you can still see the chemistry of the casting, the scenery, the effects, the music that goes well with the cast's acting. After calming down for a bit, I'm actually looking forward for the movie and the DVD.. It is a must.:rolleyes:

Edited by sugarista
  • Like 2

Guest Checkmate24601

@Le_Amarant  The "Toilet Channel" pppffftthahaha, that's an apt name.  :P

Looking at my Youtube provider's two versions of the past two episodes (just watched all 4 episodes ... after the 2 live broadcasts *eyes are squinty panda-like lol*), it has become far too clear that during the cutting, the frames don't even add up.  Did anyone notice that when Qian Gu falls after BZH stabs her, there is this GLARING cutting mistake between him catching her falling body and their descent to the ground (which we never see by the way ... until HQG starts speaking *sigh*)?  

@kashie19  Love your posters.  They do help to reduce the annoyance and anger at Toilet Channel.  We Soompiers could start our own official line of HQG merchandise by printing those messages onto mugs and t-shirts and sell them - Toilet Channel gets them for free because of the great job they did *please note the sarcasm*

@Cupcakeninja  *cue in Andrea Bocelli's "Time to say goodbye"  huhuhuhu I don't wanna... :tears:

@tlt  Unfortunately, it seems Toilet Channel hasn't learned their lesson.  They specifically said they want a movie due to popularity of JoF and its two main leads.  I'm not 100% but I have a strong suspicion that Wallace and Liying will probably want nothing to do with that movie.  Some actors and actresses are wary of producing sequels or alternate versions simply because, quite understandably, THE PRODUCERS SHOULD HAVE GOT THE DARN THING RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AROUND!!!  :angry: 

I just hope that an uncensored DVD with supplements of non-broadcasted/cut scenes can be bought in the near future.  Even one year seems far too long :(  *insert silent scream :vicx:*

And yup, BZH calls himself a "dumb egg" (if you translate ben dan literally) :D when he was talking about the person who broke the Temple Bell to HQG on the raft.  But does anyone think this latest HQG seems much more pale and a tad more timid than her first disciple self?  Ah well, at least BZH is truly devoting himself to her in all ways and allowing her a physical closeness (ex. leaning against his shoulder, him hugging her, hands on her shoulders/cheek) that might ease any awkwardness in the transition between disciple and future wife.  :wub:

Edited by Checkmate24601

OMG!  I curse  hunan tv!!  I mean, it was good ending...but where are all the scenes???????????????????????  Im soooo pissed. I hope the fans inChina would not just let hunan tv get away with it. Hope hunan tv isnt the one selling the dvds if there are going to be dvds. 

They even chopped Wallace's chest...wth? It is man's chest for gods sake...not boobs...how the hell bzh was crying in front of xiao gu while he was sisitting by himself just a second ago? Why did xiao gu decide to look at his arm? 

No wayyyyyyy......if they wanted 50 episodes, they should have cut NMT's scenes, which were worthless. QS and Lang GeGe extra scenes werent necessary either. Dood, even Tang Bao and si yi kissed....but the 2 lead characters didnt? Are you kidding me? Xiao gu kissed DF..but not the man she loves? 

No no no....not really acceptable. If this is a marketing strategy for ppl to buy the dvd, they better release a full UNCUT DVD. 

Pissed!! Hunan tv ruined my last 2 weeks of summer vaca. I dont even want to go to vegas anymore. I want uncut scenes that i was TEASED with. I feel cheated!! Jeezz.. 

Ladies, it was a great pleasure reading your comments and seeing all your images that were cut out. I hope to read more comments in another series. I love wallace, but i dont think im caring much for his next series. Read somewhere he is producing something...film or tv..but we'll see.

• Like 3

Omg.. After reading this thread, now I know why some scenes seem a bit odd.. Apparently they cut a lot of scenes... No freaking wonder... Was waiting for the vampire bite scene which was apparently cut..

There was also this scene in the last ep where sifu was holding onto the bell and suddenly squirming with pain on the floor and HQG found out about the emotionless water wound on his hand. For some reason this scene didn't seem to add up to me... Assuming bad editing again?

I'm of the same opinion with other folks here. NO KISS SCENE???!!!!! Wtf. Such a waste for this beautiful OTP!!!!

Sad, angry and disappointed that they cut sifu mourning or crazy period as well coz that would be awesome to see ESP after all the pain he put HQG through... Mo yan sacrifice too... Sigh sigh

• Like 4

Guest Checkmate24601

I didn't notice before ... but Wallace's hands are HUGE in comparison with Liying's.  :w00t:

12004145_861416560594355_860992953556823

And this is just a thought that popped up after I was observing the limited romantic interactions between our two main leads, do you think Wallace enjoys stroking Liying's cheeks?  He does stroke her cheeks a lot :P  And quite right @bubblyb00_stv many of the minor pairings have kisses, but not our main lead :huh:  Given how professional Wallace and Liying are, and how there was a kiss filmed and leaked on Facebook, I doubt they signed some bizarre no-kissing contract.  :crazy:

I was actually worried about our OTP sinking in the "conclusion".  That little raft of theirs doesn't look safe - what happened to their magnificent ship?  The raft is almost Captain Jack Sparrow-like in Pirates of the Carribean ROFL  :D

Edited by Checkmate24601

@Checkmate24601 right? I mean, if they thought the kiss too sexual (because certainly was really steamy...not the typical kiss from asian dramas), then at least shortened a bit. But they couldnt even please the audience with a peak...:tears:...and what about the afrodiciac drink that zi hua drank? Im really sad. They just rushed to end it with whatever. 

• Like 4

Guest dominjoonssi

BTW the cuts and edits are NOT a marketing strategy to get you to buy DVDs, it's purely censorship issues on SARFT's side, and ratings and broadcast scheduling for TV stations. With declining DVD sales and rampant online piracy worldwide, it makes more sense for them to concentrate on selling domestic and overseas broadcast rights and licensing other related merchandise and doing related franchise media , that's where the real money is. Sure, they can get a certain number of devoted fans to buy the DVDs, but someone somewhere will just upload those scenes online to share,  then most people won't be forking out money for these DVDs. sad truth of the industry now, which is why some k-dramas don't evcen have dvd releases and k-fans do this petition and pre-order thingy sometimes for their fav drama to get released on DVD.

Edited by dominjoonssi

Sia zia zia...he did wake up like the leak scrip..as least they didnt cut it, but it s too fast so alot of vietnamese fans  couldnt see it.....:)

Q6IkgPV.jpg

Guest kashie19

I didn't notice before ... but Wallace's hands are HUGE in comparison with Liying's.  :w00t:

12004145_861416560594355_860992953556823

And this is just a thought that popped up after I was observing the limited romantic interactions between our two main leads, do you think Wallace enjoys stroking Liying's cheeks?  He does stroke her cheeks a lot :P  And quite right @bubblyb00_stv many of the minor pairings have kisses, but not our main lead :huh:  Given how professional Wallace and Liying are, and how there was a kiss filmed and leaked on Facebook, I doubt they signed some bizarre no-kissing contract.  :crazy:

I was actually worried about our OTP sinking in the "conclusion".  That little raft of theirs doesn't look safe - what happened to their magnificent ship?  The raft is almost Captain Jack Sparrow-like in Pirates of the Carribean ROFL  :D

i think it was in Battle of Changsha that I noticed his big, manly hands. LoL. I find them sexy. No part of Wallace is safe from me

Omg, I'm so sad that the drama ended. I'm not really satisfied with the ending. It's a happy ending but not enough. I want to see BZH going crazy and MY sacrificing himself to save HQG. SXM said no one expected MY to save QG. Me neither. I can't believe it myself. Oh man what a surprise, guess he has a heart. :D

When HQG sacrificed herself,  I cried so much.Poor girl. Done so much and get nothing back, not even her shift full trust. Can't believe BZH believe she would kill people. Shouldn't he be smart enough to know it's an illusion?

Love this picture :D

12002842_145517119125395_859969378808303

Edited by tlt

@YangD   I did notice that sha jie jie woke up in the end..  But did you also notice that when QG was dying her last view/ the last thing she saw  was  of the birds flying away...

I think that may allude to her dream in the earlier episode that she told sifu about on the boat  after the banquet :rolleyes:

usually by the time I get to watch the C-drama the full/unedited  version is already out but I couldn't resist watching this one live...now princess la ling king start tomorrow, nirvana of fire starts in a week, song in the clouds is starting ** but I'm not sure there is a sub team for that one but there is a sub team for the other 2**

• Like 4

Omg, I'm so sad that the drama ended. I'm not really satisfied with the ending. It's a happy ending but not enough. I want to see BZH going crazy and MY sacrificing himself to save HQG. SXM said no one expected MY to save QG. Me neither. I can't believe it myself. Oh man what a surprise, guess he has a heart. :D

When HQG sacrificed herself,  I cried so much.Poor girl. Done so much and get nothing back, not even her shift full trust. Can't believe BZH believe she would kill people. Shouldn't he be smart enough to know it's an illusion?

Me too. I know it has been explained, but I want to see it with my eyes! I want to see how BZH behaved when he went crazy and how everyone reacted around him, I want to see why and how MY sacrificed himself. It is these details that builds the story.

I guess we just have to wait for the unedited version. I am just gutted though, I expected to indulge in the love story and the angst that goes with it, but it is rather hard to achieve that feeling when the episodes are so butchered. Instead we come out with feelings of confusion and anger.

Edited by jly31
  • Like 2

Lol is it just me? But zihua is the least likable character in this drama for me... Even sha jie jie is better than him. I'm venting since I'm on this episode where freaking zihua just closed the door to that savage territory :(((((

Edited by dwasten90
  • Like 1

@YangD   I did notice that sha jie jie woke up in the end..  But did you also notice that when QG was dying her last view/ the last thing she saw  was  of the birds flying away...

I think that may allude to her dream in the earlier episode that she told sifu about on the boat  after the banquet :rolleyes:

usually by the time I get to watch the C-drama the full/unedited versionarrow-10x10.png is already out but I couldn't resist watching this one live...now princess la ling king start tomorrow, nirvana of fire starts in a week, song in the clouds is starting ** but I'm not sure there is a sub team for that one but there is a sub team for the other 2**

yes , i did notice it and i know that s scene link with her dream on the boad when she got drunk 3 days 

i love movie more than drama, i still watch some drama but not into it too much.Before TJOF, i was into you came from the star...i got crazy with that one but after the last ep. i promise myseft that i wont watch stream live again, i will wait untill they come out all and enjoy it. Waiting for something just so obsess, during waiting the new eps..i almost couldnt put on my mind anything else . intead reading book or watch other drama after work to filling time, i will checking news , pictures or crazy with my photoshop, video clip..that s me, that s how i roll when i love something so bad.So when i came to this TJOF, i accidently thought they already come out nearly all of them, i m not sure  i watched  it so fast or something but i catch up very quick , and i read the book when i was waiting the new eps...i read the book quite fews time and i couldnt count how many time i rewatch the drama, specially ep 1 to 25  ........and here i am , same spot at where i am last time ...crazy into it....haha..but the good thing is back to this soompi again after a year, it s kind of fun..im really enjoy the moment....Now  i m just waiting for the dvd set come out, doesnt matter they have cut scene or not, i will buy it (im calm now hahaha..last night i was up set abit ) , coz not easy to find a drama that i like. im more than 30, but this is my second favorite drama...and because i love Wallace Huo, im gonna take" him "home haha...  :wub::):D

Edited by YangD

Guest kashie19

This drama IS my fated calamity!

I was angry this morning, that changed to being frustrated, to being sad, and now I'm depressed. My inner Demon Goddess is taking form inside of me. RawR! I feel like taking flight and blasting some energy balls at the Hunan broadcasting station. Now that HQG is finish airing, I have no more reason to spare it. BZH come save me. I have fallen into deep obsession. 

Edited by kashie19

Guest dominjoonssi

People, there is an Easter egg for the last episode, did anyone of you spot Wallace's real voice dubbing for one scene? let's not rant about delete scenes anymore, and concentrate on the good stuff at hand. 

Guest grehe_stv

Confused by the (cut) ending, that's why I'm here....

Doesn't the ending remind anyone of Fan Li and Xi Shi floating down the river on a boat?