[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] The Journey of Flower 花千骨

sugarplum892

"I've never believed in good, I've never believed in evil, I've only believed in you"

1426172004_42a688bf16839b66cfe1d0e672edc

Details:

Chinese title: 花千骨  Huā Qiān Gǔ
English title:  The Journey of Flower
Genre: Fiction, Period, Drama, Romance

Episodes: 54 58

Directors: Lin YuFen ( WuXin: The Monster KillerThree Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑), Danny Gao, & Liang ShengQuan

Scriptwriters: Fresh Guo Guo & Rao Jun

Production Period: May 6, 2014 - September 15, 2014

Broadcast Period: June 9, 2015 - September 7, 2015

Broadcast Days: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 7/5: Sundays & Mondays

Novel: Hua Qian Gu by Fresh Guo Guo (English Novel's Summary here! Novel translation here!)

Replacing: The Four 少年四大名捕

Cast:

Wallace HuoBai ZiHua 白子画, Master of Hua QianGu (花千骨), The leader of Chang Liu (realm of fays)

Zanilia ZhaoHua QianGu (花千骨), She is the only disciple of Bai Zi Hua, fall in love with her only master.

Jiang Xin - Xia ZhiXun (夏紫熏), A fairy who managed spices in heaven.

Andy Zhang Dan Feng - DongFang Yu Qing (东方彧卿), The master of YiXiuGe with supernatural power of knowing the past.

Ma Ke - Sha QianMo (杀阡陌), World’s last God who has supernatural spirits.

An Yue Xi - Tang Bao, Hua Qian Gu's child-worm

Synopsis:

Based off the novel by Fresh Guo Guo, tells the story of Hua Qian Gu, on the day of her birth flowers wilted and the skies turned dark as her mother passed during child birth. Her father past away when she turned 16 years old. Before he died, he advised her to learn some tricks in order to help her survive, it appears that she has the strange ability to lure demons and other worldly creatures through her scent.

Watch it here with English Subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not read the novel or seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

English Dubbed Trailer:

Raw Trailer

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Journey of Flower 花千骨 Viki English Subbed Episodes
Journey of Flower 花千骨  Raw Episodes

The Journey of Flower 花千骨 Facebook Page

Journey of Flower 花千骨 Novel Summary (with Spoilers) Journey of Flower 花千骨 Novel English Translations
 Journey of Flower 花千骨 Official Weibo

Wallace Huo Official Soompi Thread

Zhao Yi Ling Official Soompi Thread

An Yue Xi 安悦溪 Official Thread

Three Lives Three Worlds Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms 三生三世,十里桃花 Official Drama Thread

Lost Love in Times 醉玲珑 Official Drama Thread

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
angelangie l akinahana89 l LavelyShai

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

OMG i'm so waiting for this serie from more than 6 months LOL 

It's all a time so romantic forbidden love between God and Goddess. I'm so into it when I saw Wallace x Zhao Li Ying together in this forbidden love...Also it's between Master/Teacher and student. I know the story about Hua Qian Gu but I dunno how they going to make it...I prepare already all my kleenex for all tears I will cry. I will waiting the uncut version also when they come. 

Wallace in white clothe i'm dreaming omg and IN GOD mode omg....LOL

I can see Zhao Li Ying have chemistry with any actors she acting really well in modern serie or ancient serie wuxia :)

I would hope we have a happy ending !!!! with all trailer...and the song MV ''Thousand Love Songs'' I will keep my hope! 

CR: SubThai by PeiZhen PeiLin

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 1

I saw The Journey of Flower this morning on hunan.  AUHHGH why does it have to come on while I'm working and can't pay attention to  everything:angry:  It was good... I like how they got straight to the point with her father dying about 30 min in  and then  she is attacked by human demons (meaning really bad people) and then her future master (who looks totally hot BTW better looking in action:wub:) would save her and get her back . All of that happened in episode one.  In episode 2 which I didn't get to see much of she was in distress but overcame it.  She is definitely not playing the weakling in this drama and I liked how they didn't go overboard with the fantasy.  I searched for an on demand link like their was with the four because the videos go up an 1hr after the last one airs, but it's not available yet:tears:  Viki hasn't posted the videos yet but then again it just finished airing about 6hrs ago. Can't wait for subs to come out ..:)  AND I must add that the cinematography was amazing... I see why it got such rave reviews at  the cannes??  film festival

Edited by carmolita
  • Like 2

OMG you are so lucky carmolita to already see it. I just come back from work and so tired because I was into Detective & Doctor Lu Xiao Feng 2015 wasn't take so much rest.

Just for more fun hehe here when they filming in 2014 for the serie LOL look Wallace with ice cream hehe

126628Wallace1.jpg

Final tranformation of Hua Qian Gu demoness 

373663140.png

Also did someone know which edition did they choose for Hua Qian Gu? Seriously in the 3 editions it's a lot cry..but the second edition seem a happy ending o.o

This serie seem to have 2 openings and ONE ending song which I LOVE a lot from Wallace and Li Ying that I LOVE much better than the opening where isn't seem for a wuxia hm

CR: ENG SUB channel 

Please listening this song...you would cry also ''tears'' bring my kleenex with me already and if you isn't undestand please click on the under right for eng sub lyrics

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 2

@ miaka fy  this is the official web link from hunan tv with scenes from today's episodes and tomorrow's upcoming episodes The Journey of the Flower :D 

**sorry the link didn't come out right:sweatingbullets:***  on this page click on her picture the second on the left and it will take you to the official page :sweatingbullets:

Edited by carmolita
  • Like 2

@carmolita: Thank :) I will check it later or in sohu too they already posted and YT also it's seem o.O WOW they are more faster than me and you. Sure this serie win a lot popularity from Canne Festival. Imagine people who saw that and become hypnosed by this love story and want to see it like us. 

Omg we are only two persons in this tread, we should bring more people to discuss it ^^

Do you think we gonna have a happy ending? because did you see this 

This is a presentation from Wallace/Bai Zi Hua in a modern time....do we have a reincarnation? and for Hua Qian Gu presentation 

strange no? 

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 2

When I first heard of this drama and read up on the story, I told myself I am not going to watch this because I know this will be one of those drama that will make my heart clutch and I rather watch something light and heartwarming.... Then, I kept seeing promotions trailer, gorgeous pictures...and the lovely song... 

I can't stop myself and I clicked into the first episode and I was captivated... the scenery is absolutely stunning and the costumes and characters are beautiful... That alone is enough to keep me staring at my computer screen... 

This story is not lighthearted...more like a melodrama... you can tell from the first half of it...but I really enjoy it so far...unfortunately, since it is broadcasting in Hunan, that means a very very long watching... :phew:

• Like 4

Didn't like that Bai Zi Hua appeared so early in the story, and saved her so many times. They really changed the story by a great deal. And also saw that her disfigured face is not really as ugly as it should be, haha. Still, I'll continue to watch it for Wallace.

• Like 2

Guest evori

OMG @miaka fy I have not thought of a possibility of them making the drama take place in modern time through reincarnation! That would be cool, but changing too much of the book. But none the less Wallace is soooo good looking. I also feel kinda conflicted between how early Master appeared in the drama, and meeting Xiao Gu, but I think that it does set up a nice early connection between them. Also I just adore Dongfang! He is so cute and funny. BTW I was wondering if any of you guys happen to have links to the drama(besides viki), doesn't matter if there's english sub or not.

Im lucky to have Hunan TV (which I used to ignore) in our cable coz I can watch it live although from now on I have to stay up late every Tuesday and Wednesday. Did not understand anything they said but I read the English translations so I can follow. There are a lot of changes but Im not complaining. I actually like that so much has already happened in one episode and there are already a lot of interactions between Xiao Gu and Zi Hua. I love the scene where they spent days together in the house. Looking forward to tonight's episodes!

• Like 3

When I first heard of this drama and read up on the story, I told myself I am not going to watch this because I know this will be one of those drama that will make my heart clutch and I rather watch something light and heartwarming.... Then, I kept seeing promotions trailer, gorgeous pictures...and the lovely song... 

I can't stop myself and I clicked into the first episode and I was captivated... the scenery is absolutely stunning and the costumes and characters are beautiful... That alone is enough to keep me staring at my computer screen... 

This story is not lighthearted...more like a melodrama... you can tell from the first half of it...but I really enjoy it so far...unfortunately, since it is broadcasting in Hunan, that means a very very long watching... :phew:

​For myself when I saw wallace inside with Li Ying i'm was already done LOL. Wallace have a reputation to be a good kisser and Li Ying in all her serie she kiss her costars too. We seem to have a lot kiss inside Hua Qian Gu serie too. In a same time, where they filming the serie is so beautiful and like you said the scenery is enchanted and fairy. All characters are so beautiful. hm, Hunan is a bit long but right now we have 4 episodes already :) and I have a lot series in a same time to watch it's crazy lollll 

I just dw the 4 episodes now but it's seem to be the cut version I got, take the 1080p version now if isnt any change. I would just redownload the whole serie when is done to have the best quality later.

How people find after 4 episodes? The story run really fast it's it's seem they want to concentrate ''the after'' when she become pupil to Bai Zi Hua and when she steal the holy object to help her master/teacher. How they going to choose to make Hua Qian Gu revange to Bai Zi Hua. I need to watch later ep 03 and 04 hm...i got the eps but in a same time download other series lollll

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 2

@ seirranime   I usually subscribe to the Chinese channels during the summer because it's like 3 or 4 months free and I have more time to watch :) your so lucky you have it now... Time for me to update my cable subscription:sweatingbullets:

I had  so much work to do today so I didn't get to watch episode 3 but I caught most of episode 4 and I must admit that after that episode I have fallen in love with this drama:wub:...I love that she is so inept and can't do anything right and how Wallace tries to secretly help and protect her when no one is watching ...especially from that evil master and some students who want to see her fail and try to make her life miserable.:phew: Sadly my favorite scene today was when they were beating her with a paddle  and  he tried not to show his emotions but his eyes told it all along with his eyebrows.:tears:    and then he secretly  gave her food while she was locked up for punishment.  Next week looks like it's going to be exciting :D

Viki seems to be moving some what fast on the subbing .. They already have 96% of episode 1 and 70% of episode 2 and it's only been a day since it started - if they keep this up all 4 episodes will be subbed either before/by  the weekend. I wish they could use cctv for the source video because right now they are using daily motion.:sweatingbullets:  I can't wait  till hunan tv puts up the on demand episodes I love their video quality.:P

It seems like every time I try to relax and watch it today something happens and interrupts me...uhh must be my lot in life:tears:

@ miaka fy  I've noticed that they are moving fast too and I haven't even read the book...  I would of liked to of seen her have more time with her father to give her character some dept to empathize with her more.  You can see that they are trying to focus on her growing as a person and her relationship with her master.  I don't know how it's going to end .. I just want to live in the moment so that I don't get depressed thinking about the final episode because I am a hopeless romantic and would want it to go on forever:rolleyes:

@ BreezeC  long time no see ... Welcome Back!!:D  Your last post mirrored my thoughts.. By episode 4 today I thought .."ok, my life is ruined another month with no sleep because of Chinese drama addiction, my family is going to wonder if I'm still alive "

@ dimples21  I can't wait till you watch it so that I can read your thoughts:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

@ seirranime   I usually subscribe to the Chinese channels during the summer because it's like 3 or 4 months free and I have more time to watch :) your so lucky you have it now... Time for me to update my cable subscription:sweatingbullets:

I had  so much work to do today so I didn't get to watch episode 3 but I caught most of episode 4 and I must admit that after that episode I have fallen in love with this drama:wub:...I love that she is so inept and can't do anything right and how Wallace tries to secretly help and protect her when no one is watching ...especially from that evil master and some students who want to see her fail and try to make her life miserable.:phew: Sadly my favorite scene today was when they were beating her with a paddle  and  he tried not to show his emotions but his eyes told it all along with his eyebrows.:tears:    and then he secretly  gave her food while she was locked up for punishment.  Next week looks like it's going to be exciting :D

​@carmolita I like what you said that Wallace is trying to secretly help her and protect her when no one is watching. When I was watching, I can not understand what they say. I thought Wallace does not want her to pass and is giving her a hard time on purpose. What went on my mind is that he's a stalker and a sadist :sweatingbullets: LOL I need to watch with English subs and read the recaps or else I will understand the story wrong. Anyway, Dong Fang is very funny esp. the scene when he hit his head in the rock to fall asleep and save his Gu Tou :lol:

• Like 1

@seirranime you are also completely right at the time I made that post I had only seen the last 30 min of the live stream version which  is part of the extended version of episode 4 but will be the beginning part of  episode 5.  

Viki is subbing this series fast  they have episodes 1-3 are at 100% subbed and episode 4 is almost complete But then again the English sub team has a lot of members for this project and so does the Spanish team and the French and Indonisian team would be 3rd. 

Wallace aka Bai Zi Hua did not want Hua Qian Gu to pass the trial to become a disciple of the immortal sect so he was  trying to sabotage what she is doing ** I found myself cheering at those scenes today when she exceeded his expectations** But I also think he is kind of watching her to see what she will become.  She is suppose to be his calamity and could either be good for him or really bad and until he deals with her he can't get to the 10th trial of heaven or something like that.  Which gives him the skill or power that he needs  to defeat  a sect that's going to attack them later and an evil guy named yuan **I think** from that sect also killed her former master before she could become his disciple, but before he died he made her the leader of his sect (the feather he gave her is the proof that she is the leader).  Wallace dilemma is that he can kill her and then he can move on with the trial  without a problem but he doesn't want  to kill her because she is innocent and didn't do anything wrong and so he  is trying to find another way for her to survive and for him to move forward  as sect leader.  So he tries to convince her to join another sect and says that he will set it up and when she refuses he tries to sabotage her so that she won't join the immortal sect and hinder his growth, because he loses his inner power when he is around her.

His main desire is to be the leader of the Immortal sect.   The sad part was in the very beginning while he was training to be the sect leader of the immortal sect he came down from the mountain as a human or to live as a normal person and saved Hua Qian Gu from a demon attracted by her scent  and when her father  was dying  from the fire the angry villager set Wallace aka Bai Zi Hua had a choice to either abandon the trial and save her father with his power *which he was forbidden to use while training* or  not do anything and complete the training to become sect leader.  So he asked a woman who saved them from the fire the villagers set - to save her father and she said, " NO" and asked him to choose between being  sect  leader or saving his life. 

**The reason why the lady wouldn't do it  was because she is also from the immortal sect and in love with him.. She  felt betrayed by him because in order to become the sect leader of the immortals you have to give up emotions including love....which meant that she could never be loved him**   If Bai Zi Hua saved him he could not become sect leader because he can't use his powers during the trial.  So he chose to let Hua Qian Gu's  father die.:tears: I'm curious as to how this is going to play out in their future relationship when she learns of his decision

Edited by carmolita
adding information
  • Like 4

OMG this year I have too much drama series to dw and watch that it's crazy wow, It's hard to keep update in all serie in a same time LOL

Anyway, update now for Hua Qian Gu 

Finish all the 4 episodes and seriously, I anticipated extremely this love, angst, tragic, broken heart serie so long and wasn't be deceive at all. I would prepare myself to cry no stop and will be strong to watch it until the end...

For the immortal sect, they have 3 rules which is no greed, no anger and no emotion. Never mind, but I'm sure Bai Zi Hua will broke all hehe. I do find Bai Zi Hua be already ''strange'' with Qian Gu in the first meeting in episode 01. When Dong Fang appear in episode 2 and Bai Zi expression was like ''who he is?? '' I find he so funny also when Dong Fang said that Qian Gu is his wife... check Zi Hua reaction hehe792622wallace2.png

wallace3

and after...Dong Fang ask Zi Hua be the witness of the marriage ....what he do.... RUN AWAY LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL 

I got the question...is that really Qian Gu the real nemesis of Zi Hua?? I feel is a joke what heaven going to play with them ''sigh'' poor this couple. Everytime when we have a heavenly couples or a god with humain...we have a sad end ''tears''

The signification of the rain when Zi Hua decide to not kill Qian Gu is because heaven was not happy of Zi Hua decision? or because they know already it's going to be extremely sad....

Tang Bao is so cute omg I just love a lot this bug child

TangBao

I will update more after :)

Edited by miaka fy
  • Like 2