[Drama 2015] KBS - The Book of Corrections 징비록

WingLiner

@gerrytan8063,  Thanks If you have a site for it that would be great but I'll look for it any period pieces I would like to watch but can't find any sites for the dramas.. I had started watching Ryomaden but I never could find all the episodes with subs I really would like to Kunoda Nagamasa and the after effect a the Imjim war for Japan they lost a lot of men fighting against Korea at that time on those sea battles.. So any little but of help you can give will be mostly appreciated..     

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Valsava

I have NHK channel on my cable television & I can recorded the series on the PVR set up on the box.

I usually watch them RAW....I have no need for subtitles as my hearing of Japanese is quite substanial

Kuroda Nagamasa didn't do battle in the naval war with Admiral Yi Soon Shin. Kuroda Nagamasa met with General Gwon Yul on land battle in the famous battle of Haengjusansong (Haengju Mountain Fortress) in March 1593 

Haengjusansong is located in Goyang, east of Seoul, near Gimpo Airport

The Taiga drama for 2016 is Sanada Nobushige who also fought in the Imjin war. But he was more famous in the Seige of Osaka Castle

KBS released three different versions of the Poster for "Jingbirok"

1422935573938.jpeg

The main posters are actors, Kim Sang-joong who will play Ryu Seong-ryong and Kim Tae-woo (King Seonjo).

The group poster consist of actors playing supporting roles :
Im Dong-jin as Yoon  Dong-su, Lee Jae-yong as Lee San-hae, Kim Hye-eun as Kim Gwi-in, Kim Kyu-chul as Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Lee Kwang-gi as Konishi Yukinaga, Lee Jung-yong as Kato Kiyomasa, Noh Young-hak as Prince Gwanghae, Choi Il-hwa as Song Eung-chang and Jung Heung-chae as Li Ru-song (as translated through the article HERE).

Other supporting actors (not sure whether they are among the actors in the group poster)....and I think there are many more supporting actors than the following list...
Hwang In-young as The Queen (she is currently playing an evil stepmother in KBS "Love and Secret")
Yoon Hong-bin as Prince Imhae
Jeong Tae-woo as Ryu Seong-ryong's messenger
Choi Cheol-ho
Im Hyuk

Source via Naver

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Huge thanks to @mannschaft for updating this thread will full of amazing historical background of characters and the history itself.  Very informative thread and as always great job chingu and hello to @valsava.  Nice to see you in this thread.

@Felicia Soh,  Hello, This one of the main dramas I'm looking forward to . I'm currently watching king face and shine or go crazy.. When I had watch Adm LLS I always thought SR story would give a good drama because in was smack in the court politics.. 

@Felicia Soh: Hello my friend. Thank you very much for the poster update. :)
I will look for a high-quality one and place it in the introduction page. :)
Hwang In Young will be playing King Seonjo's Queen Ui-in.
Main characters seen in order in the 3rd poster.
- 3 Ming generals who fought the Imjin War in the left:
+ Song Yingchang: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Yingchang(actor: Choi Il Hwa, he played Kim Seo Hyun in The King's Dream)
+ Li Rusong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Rusong(actor: Jeong Heung Jae, he played Tang general Su Dingfang in The King's Dream)
- 6 Joseon: Lee San Hae - Ryu Seong Ryong - King Seonjo - Yoon Dusu - Prince Gwanghae and the crown princess.(Roh Yeong Hak also played young prince Gwanghae in "Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi.")
- 3 Japanese in the right: Toyotomi - Konishi - Kato.
"Jing Bi-rok" poster a reflection of "Jeong Do-jeon"
iEV59QD.jpg

Three types of posters of the drama "Jing Bi-rok" have been revealed. The images alone show the dignity of it.
KBS 1TV drama "Jing Bi-rok" posters show Ryu Seong Ryong (Kim Sang Joong) alone in one, Ryu Seong Ryong and Seonjo (Kim Tae Woo) in another and a full shot of the 12 main characters of the drama.
"Jing Bi-rok" is a historical drama based on an original about making the country strong enough for any disarrangement that could happen in the future. The drama deals with Ryu Seong Ryong's will of reformation, his anguish and pain.
The exclusive poster of Ryu Seong Ryong shows the anguish of an innovative leader who thought about the country and the people.
The full poster of everyone shows everyone from the Joseon, Japan and Ming Dynasty including, Yoon Du Su (Im Dong-jin), Lee San Hae (Lee Jae Yong), Lady Inbin of Kim clan (Kim Hye Eun), Toyotomi Hideyoshi (Kim Gyu Cheol), Konishi Yukinaga (Lee Kwang Ki), Kato Kiyomasa (Lee Jung Yong), Gwanghae (Roh Yeong Hak), Ming General Song YingChang (Choi Il-hwa) and Li Ru Song (Jung Heung Jae).
The poster shows just how great the drama is going to be. It is written by Jung Hyung Soo from "Damo" and "Gyebaek" and it's directed by Kim Sang Hwi from "Comrades". The first episode can be seen on the 14th at 9:40PM.
Source: hancinema.

About "Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi" - the character of Jung Yi is based on Joseon real-life ceramics master, Baek Pa Sun.
"After Toyotomi's death in 1598, the Japanese forces retreated, taking with them some Korean potters for producing the ceramics serving the Japanese tea ceremony.
Ceramic master Kim Tae Do also went to Japan with Baek Pa Sun (historical characters & facts), he married her and they had children. Their descendents settled in Arita and were praised as the ancestors of Japanese porcelain in Arita (Joseon originated Imari line). Their contribution to Japanese porcelain development has been well acknowledged, and there exists a temple and tablet honoring Baek Pa Sun in Japan. Their productions are displayed in Kyushu Ceramics Museum in Arita town, Saga Prefecture."
http://culturemmag.com/index.php/2014/01/kyushu-part-5-soul-of-korea-it-was-in-full-bloom-in-japan/
Source: http://deiner.proboards.com/thread/9661/korean-historical-drama-timeline?page=4 (post #13)

3rd teaser (75 secs)

This drama seems dark and catastrophic. The massacre of Japanese troops, deads are everywhere, from soldiers to citizens. The courts are divided, the ones worrying and visibly weeping over their country's fate & future... Ryu Seong Ryong is drowned in thoughts and silently writing a memorial of this tragic war... It sounds so heavy... :(
Something isn't quite right... 10 more days to the first episode but no announced cast for "Admiral Lee Soon Shin"? The admiral was playing a pivotal role in this war and largely influenced by Ryu Seong Ryong; he mustn't be absent here. They are going to feature general Shin Rip & his battle with Konishi, they cannot neglect the admiral either. :-?

Something isn't quite right... 10 more days to the first episode but no announced cast for "Admiral Lee Soon Shin"? The admiral was playing a pivotal role in this war and largely influenced by Ryu Seong Ryong; he mustn't be absent here. They are going to feature general Shin Rip & his battle with Konishi, they cannot neglect the admiral either. 

@mannschaft,  I was also wondering about this.. It's not possible to shoot this whole drama without him he was the hero of those times    

Actress Jung So-young has joined "Jingbirok" - I think so far there are only two main supporting female casts in this drama, earlier on it was reported that Kim Hye-eun will play Kim Gwi-in.

754255_273341_5240.jpg

"Jingbirok" will premiere on Valentine's Day, 14th February at 9.40pm KST on KBS 1TV.

Source of NEWS

@Felicia Soh: >:D<
* Jung So Young will be playing Lady Jang of Indong, a relative of Ryu Seong Ryong. She was famous, and there's a Wiki page about her in Korean.* The 3rd man from Ming is Shen Wei Ying (actor: Lee Ki Yeol), he joined talks between 3 countries Joseon-Ming-Japan during the Imjin war.* "Jing bi-rok" is a special drama celebrating the 70th year of independence from Japanese colonial rule, 1945-2015. "Jing Bi-rok" is about the pain and agony of Ryu Seung Ryong, a writer who recommended Lee Soon Shin and king Seonjo who lived under the pressure of being from indirect descent and went through political conflicts with the lords. The press conference is held today, Feb 5th, in 63 Building in Seoul.
9 more days to go... I hope to see the trailer soon... :)
Credit: hancinema.

valsava

said:

Something isn't quite right... 10 more days to the first episode but no announced cast for "Admiral Lee Soon Shin"? The admiral was playing a pivotal role in this war and largely influenced by Ryu Seong Ryong; he mustn't be absent here. They are going to feature general Shin Rip & his battle with Konishi, they cannot neglect the admiral either. 

@mannschaft,  I was also wondering about this.. It's not possible to shoot this whole drama without him he was the hero of those times    

Posting a lengthy coverage of the Press Conference ....starting from a speech by KBS President and CEO, Mr Gil Hwan-young and the PC was attended by the main casts, Kim Sang-jung, Kim Tae-woo, Im Dong-jin, Lee Jae-yong, Kim Hye-eun, Kim Kyu-chul and PD-nim, Kim Sang-hwi.

Enjoy!

one more week... have a nice weekends my friends :)
The reason why KBS changed the writer because the first one, Baek Woon Cheol wanted to couple Ryu Seong Ryong with Lee Soon Shin and KBS's head producer disagreed with this idea and wanted to differentiate this drama from "Immortal LSS", so he picked another person, our current Jeong Hyung Soo.

Characters & their portraits, including some newest casts (from left to right):
Ryu Seong RyongKing SeonjoYoon Dusu (I've heard he's gonna be a court villian, like Lee In Yim was in "Jeong Do Jeon.")Lee San HaeKim Gwi-in
PfvxMQ1.jpg

Hideyoshi - Konishi - KatoLee Deok Hyung (actor: Nam Seong Jin; king Gongyang in Jeong DoJeon)Lee Hang Bok (Choi Cheol Ho; king Seonjo in Immortal Lee Soon Shin)
QFkuU0C.jpg

Lee Cheol Ri - Prince Gwanghae - Seong Hon (unknown actor)Jeong Cheol (Seon Dong Hyuk; Lee Jiran in Jeong Do Jeon)Song Ying Chang (actor: Choi Il Hwa; 3rd Ming in the poster, he's holding a sword.)
JrrPBTz.jpg

Shen Wei Ying (actor: Lee Ki Yeol; 2nd Ming in the poster, he's unarmed.)Shin RipSong Ik Pil (Park Ji Il; Lee Saek in Jeong Do Jeon)Kim Seong Il (actor: Park Cheol Ho; king Mu in The King's Dream)Li Yu Song (Jeong Heung Jae, 1st Ming in the poster, he's holding a big broadsword)
Ntj6lWj.jpg

Hwang Yoon Gil (actor: Kim Jong Soo)Queen Ui-in (actress: Hwang In Yeong)So Yoshitoshi (actor: Jo Jae Wan)Hwang Seol Hee (unknown actress)Dong-dong (actress: Han Ga Rim)
v5b5r2E.jpg

There will be another MBC drama about prince Gwanghae during post-Imjin war period. The court once again experienced chaos because Gwanghae killed his brothers to gain the throne for himself and even wanted to remove his half-sister, Jung Myung. Gwanghae was eventually removed by his nephew, later king Injo (Injo's reign also suffered terrible war with Qing and more than ten thousands Joseons, from royals to citizens were prisoner of war in Qing.)

http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2025374/upcoming-drama-2015-princess-jungmyung-%EC%A0%95%EB%AA%85%EA%B3%B5%EC%A3%BC

This is MBC long running historical. Despite the fictional stories, "Princess Jung Myung" still has some history with it. Written by Kim Yi Young (Lee San, Dong Yi & Horse Doctor). "Lee San" was more historical accurate than the last two. About Horse Doctor, royal doctor Baek Gwang Hyun was real person but he was much lesser known than Huh Joon. He was a young boy during the Northern Campaigns within King Hyojong's reign.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyojong_of_Joseon

Joseon vs. Russians (battle of Naseon 1654)

KATO KIYOMASA (3rd Japanese in the poster)
Kato Kiyomasa (1562-1611) was a samurai warlord who served Toyotomi Hideyoshi since his youth and was an ally of Fukushima Masanori. He made his mark as one of the "Seven Spears of Shizugatake." Since then he continued to perform well in military campaigns as a key general of the Toyotomi administration, and became "Daimyo" (regional lord) of Kumamoto. He fought well in the Bunroku-Keicho War, leading the main army. His story of hunting a tiger in Korea is well known. After the war, he gained power as one of the "Budan-ha" (a political faction that is willing to resort to military means to achieve its aims) regional lords.

Kato was strongly against Christians; and always in conflict with pro-Christian Konishi who even got a Portugese Christian name "Augustine" (Agostino in Japanese). Konishi sometimes made fun of Kato's 2 feet helmet. 
Kato commanded the 2nd Division in the Siege of Busan, including the occupation of Gyeongsang, capture of Hanseong (Seoul); Campaigns in Hamgyong Province and Manchuria; Battle of Hwangseoksan, Siege of Ulsan, and defensive of Ulsan, and final battle of Noryang in where both Joseon-Ming allied and Japanese suffered heavy casualties, eventually led to the cease fire negotiation to stop the war and efforts to normalize relations.

Battle of Busan 1592 (from "Immortal Lee Soon Shin")

Battle of Ulsan 1597 ~ 98

Kato in painting:
GJgzkTg.jpg

RNqvZHx.jpg

Source: Samurai Style (Facebook), Wikipedia.

Long trailer (6 mins) :)

Characters seen in order:
- Ryu Seong Ryong (composing "Jing birok"), (1:14, 5:46)- King Seonjo (walking with 2 other men)- Yoon Dusu (1:49)- Lee San Hae (2:06)- Kim Gwi-in (2:18) ("Gwi-in" is a concubine title, not a name)- Hideyoshi Toyotomi (2:23) & (5:44)- So Yoshitoshi (4:30) & (5:26 closing his eyes when Kato kills someone as Hideyoshi's ordered)- Konishi Yukinaga (5:18) (5:42)- Kato Kiyomasa (5:20)
It's said Admiral Lee appears in silhouette in between 0:33 and 0:39. He's shot while commanding the battle of Noryang.

Archived