[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人

sugarplum892

%E6%8A%93%E4%BD%8F%E5%BD%A9%E8%99%B9%E7%

Details:

Chinese title: 抓住彩虹的男人 Zhuā zhù cǎihóng de nánrén
English title: The Cage of Love
Genre: Period, Drama, Romance, Revenge

Episodes: 40

Director: Wú Jǐnyuán  (Bu Bu Jing Qing , Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚)

Producer: Tong Hua (Bu Bu Jing Xin 步步惊心)

Broadcast Period: May 26, 2015 - June 11, 2015

Broadcast Days: Sundays - Saturdays

Cast:

Zheng Shuang - Wu Cai Hong

Lau Hawick - Jiang Yu

Liu Yu Xin - Lu Man

Li Dong Xue - Zhou Shao Tian

Chow Kathy - Wu Fu Ren

Synopsis:

The Cage of Love centers on a love story between Jiang Yu (Hawick Lau 劉愷威), a dyeing factory tycoon, and Wu Cai Hong (Zheng Shuang 郑爽), the daughter of Jiang Yu’s nemesis. Cai Hong’s father mysteriously passes away, and Jiang Yu is suspected to be the cause of his death. Searching for the truth, Jiang Yu and Cai Hong betray each other’s trust. Though hurting each other in the process, they are unwilling to give up on each other. Meanwhile, Zhou Shao Tian (Li Dongxue 李东学), Cai Hong’s knight in armor, remains supportive of Cai Hong. He tells her his only dream is to help Cia Hong find her happiness.

Watch it here with English subtitles when it comes out!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Raw Trailer:

http://youtu.be/2Q9r194lQr4

OSTs:

Hawick Lau - The Gentleness That Could Not Be Held

https://youtu.be/Fu1zzNII5aY 

Xuan Xuan - I Know That You Love Me

Additional Links:

The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人 Viki English Subbed Episodes

The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人 Raw Episodes

The Cage of Love 抓住彩虹的男人 Official Sina Page

Chronicle of Life 寂寞空庭春欲晚 Official Drama Thread

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCT

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.

02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.

03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.

04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 

05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So many promising, dramas coming up soon. Can't wait. I am not a big, period drama fan, I tend to prefer historicals or modern dramas more.

Guest below-xero

I love period dramas! I think I might just give this one a watch~I haven't watched a Chinese Drama for so long now!! Thank you for the info! :)

I love period dramas! I think I might just give this one a watch~I haven't watched a Chinese Drama for so long now!! Thank you for the info! :)

​You're welcome!  Remember to come back and discuss your insights and thoughts with the other watchers here! :D 

I just started watching this drama today and I love it !!!  The first two episodes were perfect because it was evenly paced, (not drawn out or shortened) and they gave a complete backstory that made you empathize with the characters and want to see more.  I will definitely continue watching it :D But does anyone know if that is  jiang yu's biological sister or just one that his family took in as a child?

• 3 months later...

I finally finished this drama ~ It started out fantastic had major potential.. I loved that the storylines were not rushed, completed and well thought out and it ended well. If there was one negative out it ~ it was that mid way through they sidelined  the role of the actress who played Jiang Yu's adoptive sister , even though, she was a second lead I felt like they should of developed her relationship with Jiang Yu more.  It's as if they abandoned her all together and she served as his conscious, her role could of had more impact on the drama if they used her well.  I blame the  writer or director for this one. I would give this drama a B*8-> day dreaming

@carmolita

Just read your review hun thanks for the update info I will look into it after I watch Shan Shan. I was actually waiting for your final review before I started this because I'm so scared of dramas that end bad. A rating of B is not that bad so I will give it a try. XOXO :) Thanks  berry berry much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I couldn't get into this drama. It was colorful and it had "14th prince" in it as second lead, but still..
 I couldn't connect with the characters or story and found it boring. Maybe I'm just tired of revenge plots.

Archived