[Variety 2014] Three Meals A Day 삼시세끼 (tvN) | Season 2 Premier May 15, 2015

tvN ‘Three Meals in a Day’, aesthetics of slow.. Viewer rating 6.8% skyrocketing

11844_1.jpg

As surely giving the aesthetic of slow, the viewer rating of tvN ‘Three Meals in a Day’ is skyrocketing.
The 4th episode of tvN ‘Three Meals in a Day’ broadcasted in 7th 9:50pm recorded average rating 6.8% and heist rating 8.3%. Since the first episode, it takes top among same-time programs 4 times in a row. The average rating is same with the rating of 3rd episode, 6.8%. The highest record increased 0.3% point from 8.0%. In addition, it drew the sympathy; it takes top of same-time program in total age group, man and woman, 10s to 50s. We can realize the high popularity of ‘Three Meals in a Day’. In woman in 40s, the rating skyrocketed to 9.4% on average and 10.1% on highest. They showed high positive response.
In this episode, after 3rd guest Kim Gwang-Gyoo, actor Kim Ji-Ho came to the village as the 4th guest. Although these two guys are guest, they adapted to the village life more than Lee Seo-Jin and Ok Taek-Yeon. It drew public attention.
(Nielson Korea, based on charged platform.)
[Picture=tvN] INNOLIFE | NOV 9 2014

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 8, 2014
Kim Ji Ho highly compliments Ok Taec Yeon
Source: STARN News 20141108005509_545ceb5dc13f0_1.jpg
Kim Ji Ho highly complimented Ok Taec Yeon.

November 7th broadcast of tvN 'Three Meals Every Day' showed Kim Ji Ho visiting Jungsun.
Taec Yeon showed Kim Ji Ho filming from a far distance while taking a break, and he asked, "Are we having another guest?"
Taec Yeon stood up, and walked towards the guest, and Kim Ji Ho hid behind a car when she saw Ok Taec Yeon approaching. She surprised Taec Yeon, and said, "It's Kang Dong Wook."
Taec Yeon warmly welcomed Kim Ji Ho, and Kim Gwang Kyu, who was taking a break, also welcome her visit. During her interview with the production team, Kim Ji Ho said, "Taec Yeon is a very well-mannered brother."
Meanwhile, Lee Seo Jin, Taec Yeon, Kim Ji Ho, and Kim Gwang Kyu had a conversation while looking at stars on the sky.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Lights, camera, cook!16-01(339).jpg
Food becomes main menu for TV shows 
By Baek Byung-yeul | Korea Times | Nov 10 2014
Food and dining are increasingly featured on a number of television shows. In particular, viewers have fallen in love with the simple cooking of two actors in a remote mountain village in the show "Three Meals a Day".
Star producer and director Na Young-seok, best known for travel shows like "1 Night, 2 Days" and "Grandpas over Flowers," launched the show last month and has received an explosive response.
In the program, Na forces two city dwellers — actor Lee Seo-jin, who was featured in "Grandpas," and Ok Taec-yeon of boy band 2PM — to stay in the backwoods town of Jeongseon, Gangwon Province for three days a week where they cook three meals a day.
Lee and Ok struggle to cultivate and find ingredients from their vegetable garden and cook without proper recipes to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner in Korean style. They also have to serve celebrity guests such as veteran actors Shin Goo and Baek Il-seob.
Director Na said, "All cooking shows do not have to feature fancy, delicious food. We seek the sincerity that comes from cooking with all their hearts."
The concept might sound basic, but the show quickly went viral and has enjoyed a whopping 8.3 percent viewer rating so far.201_167817.html
16-02(297).jpg
An eel dish featured at Olive TV's food survival show "The Battle of Korean Cuisine"
"I don't know why, but it is just fun to watch two men muddling," said Kim Jeong-hwa, a 32-year-old Seoulite who watches the show.
Another top show is cable channel Olive TV's: "The Battle of Korean Cuisine."
The Korean equivalent of "Master Chef" began its first season last year and has had average ratings of 1.7 percent, which is remarkable for a cable network show.
Thanks to its popularity, its second season enhanced competitiveness by inviting Kim Sung-joo, one of the country's top emcees, as the show's host.
In the second season, which began airing last September, competitors from different regions vie to become a top chef with a Korean cuisine theme, ranging from boiled pork with ginseng originated in South Chungcheong Province to "sundae" (Korean version of blood sausage), a popular snack that originated in North Korea.
"I get so hungry whenever I watch this show," Choi Jung-won, an avid fan said. "It is so eye-pleasing. Before watching, I didn't know that Korean cuisine had such variation; it is really hard to predict the winner as every competitor is skilled with decades of experience," she added.
An official of Olive TV, specializing in food shows, said their food-themed shows became popular because they entertained its audiences.
"Our food shows are particularly popular among females in their 20s and 30s," said the official. "We have noticed that making food has become ‘culture' in their lives. They watch our shows as they are entertained with the impeccable and dazzling food."
Stimulated by the success of the cable networks, the country's major broadcasters have also launched food-themed shows.
SBS TV began airing its survival cooking show "Cooking Korea" in late October. The 12-episode show pairs up five celebrities and five star chefs and determines the winning team in each episode. As it doesn't feature ordinary people, no prize money or other benefits will be given to the winner.
KBS TV's upcoming survival cooking show "Miss Korea" will feature seven celebrities including comedians Kim Joon-hyun, Yoo Min-sang, Lee Soo-ji and more. The details of the show are not revealed yet, other than the show will focus on rice- based foods only. It will go on air from the end of this month.

Kim Ji Ho Displays Her Eating Broadcast

0zacln0sdo9x3k2rv7gngsldbl5rglxf.jpg
[by Sora Ghim] Actress Kim Ji Ho appeared as a guest for tvN show ‘Three Meals in a Day.’ 

The producers released stills of Lee Seo Jin, Ok Taecyeon, last week’s guest Lee Kwang Gyu, and this week’s guest Kim Ji Ho. Looking at the pictures, the guests sit around a table and look like they’re having a good time. In one of the images, Taecyeon is seen bursting into laughter, raising curiosity as to what he was laughing at. 

In the preview shown last week for this upcoming episode, Kim Ji Ho is seen commenting on all the food saying, “That looks good,” “If we stir fry the pasta, I bet it’ll taste good,” and “It’ll taste good if we fry it with the oil from the pork.” She displays her love for food as she earns a new nickname by clearing away all the food on the plates. 

Meanwhile, watch this episode tonight on November 7 at 9:50 PM KST. (photo by CJ E&M)

November 9, 2014
Lights, camera, cook!Food becomes main menu for TV shows 

By Baek Byung-yeul The Korea Times
 16-01(339).jpg
Actor Lee Seo-jin, left, and 2PM's Ok Taec-yeon prepare meals in backwoods town in tvN's "Three Meals a Day." / Courtesy of tvN
Food and dining are increasingly featured on a number of television shows. In particular, viewers have fallen in love with the simple cooking of two actors in a remote mountain village in the show "Three Meals a Day".
Star producer and director Na Young-seok, best known for travel shows like "1 Night, 2 Days" and "Grandpas over Flowers," launched the show last month and has received an explosive response.
In the program, Na forces two city dwellers — actor Lee Seo-jin, who was featured in "Grandpas," and Ok Taec-yeon of boy band 2PM — to stay in the backwoods town of Jeongseon, Gangwon Province for three days a week where they cook three meals a day.
Lee and Ok struggle to cultivate and find ingredients from their vegetable garden and cook without proper recipes to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner in Korean style. They also have to serve celebrity guests such as veteran actors Shin Goo and Baek Il-seob.
Director Na said, "All cooking shows do not have to feature fancy, delicious food. We seek the sincerity that comes from cooking with all their hearts."
The concept might sound basic, but the show quickly went viral and has enjoyed a whopping 8.3 percent viewer rating so far.
"I don't know why, but it is just fun to watch two men muddling," said Kim Jeong-hwa, a 32-year-old Seoulite who watches the show.
16-02(297).jpg
An eel dish featured at Olive TV's food survival show "The Battle of Korean Cuisine"
Another top show is cable channel Olive TV's: "The Battle of Korean Cuisine."
The Korean equivalent of "Master Chef" began its first season last year and has had average ratings of 1.7 percent, which is remarkable for a cable network show.
Thanks to its popularity, its second season enhanced competitiveness by inviting Kim Sung-joo, one of the country's top emcees, as the show's host.
In the second season, which began airing last September, competitors from different regions vie to become a top chef with a Korean cuisine theme, ranging from boiled pork with ginseng originated in South Chungcheong Province to "sundae" (Korean version of blood sausage), a popular snack that originated in North Korea.
"I get so hungry whenever I watch this show," Choi Jung-won, an avid fan said. "It is so eye-pleasing. Before watching, I didn't know that Korean cuisine had such variation; it is really hard to predict the winner as every competitor is skilled with decades of experience," she added.
An official of Olive TV, specializing in food shows, said their food-themed shows became popular because they entertained its audiences.
"Our food shows are particularly popular among females in their 20s and 30s," said the official. "We have noticed that making food has become ‘culture' in their lives. They watch our shows as they are entertained with the impeccable and dazzling food."
Stimulated by the success of the cable networks, the country's major broadcasters have also launched food-themed shows.
SBS TV began airing its survival cooking show "Cooking Korea" in late October. The 12-episode show pairs up five celebrities and five star chefs and determines the winning team in each episode. As it doesn't feature ordinary people, no prize money or other benefits will be given to the winner.
KBS TV's upcoming survival cooking show "Miss Korea" will feature seven celebrities including comedians Kim Joon-hyun, Yoo Min-sang, Lee Soo-ji and more. The details of the show are not revealed yet, other than the show will focus on rice- based foods only. It will go on air from the end of this month.

I watched the first episode and was mysteriously hooked. Seo jinnie and Na PD just work like an unquestionable mathematical equation. I laughed so much when they were just lying there with nothing to do. Then SJ complained like he normally does... "This show is never going to make it. Who the heck will watch this?" I thought to myself, only perverse people who want to watch them suffer will watch this, and surprisingly a lot of viewers fall into this category.

to be honest, i was really happy that this show is hitting really, really high viewer ratings since episode 1, and its been skyrocketing ever since, like really. and i really hope it will skyrocket even higher, till it gets really popular like roommate (tho i think its not possible hahaha)
because variety shows like this shows us that you need not need so many celebrities and comedians, plus a pretty complicated "storyline" to slay the viewer ratings.
all you need, in this show, is to cook three meals a day, and you're pretty much done.
ps. i mean, if you're being casted in any variety show produced by pd na, you're pretty much guaranteed to do well, and at the same time, suffer a lot of hell out of him ahahaha. :)) =)) =)) :))

Episode 5 Media Screen Capscredit as linked

2014111422042027681_1.jpg?time=224342
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014111422042027681&outlink=2&SVEC
2014111422230422045_1.jpg?time=224341
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014111422230422045&outlink=2&SVEC
1415971356_799482.jpg
http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1415971356799482019
2014111422024874366_1.jpg?time=224340
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014111422024874366&outlink=2&SVEC

Episode 5 Media Screen Capscredit as linked

201411142241777494_546608700aba1.jpg
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110008872