[Thailand Drama 2014] Grean House The Series

bencanuck

I kinda don't like the guy Pramote ... He's somewhat suspicious.
What's his real reason/hidden agenda on helping the boys?
Is he using these boys' talents and  planning to get the boys' ideas/works/creation without crediting them?

(I hope I'm wrong about this)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, it's hard to figure out what to say.

Some first thoughts...

I think the show is perfectly understandable without having seen the movie. They start with a not-too-subtle way of introducing the five main characters that have been brought over from the movie (Tee, Oat, Mone, Mon, Tok). Koi's role in their team is pretty clear, too: They don't advertise her as part of the team, but they'd be lost without her. :))

Also, so far the show is not spoiling the surprises of the movie. That's good. The surprises of the movie are really best experienced without spoilers. :)

If they keep up this balance between not needing to have seen the movie to understand and not spoiling the movie's twists and big reveal, then I think that would be excellent. :D

I guess that the show is basically a sitcom? The movie was funny, but it was definitely not a regular comedy. It was very serious at the same time and an emotional roller-coaster. In the movie, a lot of the scenes that are funny take on a new meaning after you know the big reveal at the end. But so far, it seems like the main focus of Grean House The Series is comedy. They billed it as a comedy with some drama about becoming an adult. I guess it seems that's what it is...?

Jane/Koi is billed second. Yes! I didn't see that coming, but I like it a lot. I've met Jane before, and I'm glad they made her second in the cast list. She's not a conventional star at all. She doesn't look it or act it. And she wasn't even a star of the movie; she was a minor character. This is a nice surprise for me. :D

Koi is still seeing all and interpreting all. She's still confident to hold herself against the guys (who are all a year older than her). Good. These five clueless guys need her. :))

In terms of his overbearing personality, Pramote seems like a stand-in for Ajarn (Teacher) Saneh from the movie. Not sure if I like that. I didn't much care for Saneh -- but that said, a lot of my friends did. So it's obviously an issue of taste.

We've got a new joke about whether Tok is gay or not.

drpchy.jpg
Pchy guest-stars as a (less than competent) doctor.

koitee.jpg
Koi and Tee a little close? What happened after the movie???? It's killing me to know. They're being such teases with this. Jane posted a photo of her and Fiat to her Facebook a few weeks ago with the caption: "How will it be between us?" That's exactly what I wanted to know in the first episode, and they just teased it. I mean, really, it could be absolutely anything at all after the way the movie went. :)) Could we get a bit more specific about the state of these two, please? :D

@bencanuck thanks for the answer...given the dialogue in the first episode, now i wonder what's the criteria of rating in Thailand ....  :P I mean,they are talking about how to get Mon's richard simmons out of the hole for most of time during the first episode  :\">

EP.2

10710714_287474684775849_150601852491923
"Mone introduces his girlfriend Nudee -- whom everyone who meets her tends to love."

"It all begins with the first presentation at a luxury village named 'Thapannee Lanna'. P'Pramote made a deal with Khun Wit, the owner, to work for free with Grean House (the new working place of the Grean Fictions team). But how will things turn out when Mone introduces Nudee, his jealous girlfriend who doesn't seem so happy with the Grean gang? We're also introduced to the character Aon. How chaotic will this project turn out? Will the Grean team finish the project intended to redeem Grean House, or not? Tune in for Grean House The Series EP.2."

Source: Official Facebook

Guest skeletonworks

I tried watching Grean House The Series. I couldn't believe how many times I heard the word "d*ck"... I lost count already. Hahaha.

And so many bananas flopping across the screen... :))

This kind of humour normally isn't my thing. At the moment, I'm sticking with the series mostly for the characters. The movie started off silly, too, and then the silliness was revealed to have a lot more meaning. Without taking away from anyone's enjoyment of this humorous side to the show, I think there's probably more to the series than the first episode might lead us to believe. :)

Just watched ep2, it's on a quite different tone from ep 1. 
and this "When we have love, we'll have hope" line, just reminds me of "The Love of Siam".  

now we had Pchy in ep1, and this famous line in ep2, will we see Mario later ? ;)

I'm still trying to get a feel for the show. Like @jjcf said, the tone changed a lot this week. Of course, the 2013 movie started silly, too, and then added seriousness amid the silliness (it was funny until the end, but the seriousness and the character work and the life lessons increased as the movie went on). So I guess these changes in tone are expected. The Grean "brand" sort of implies that's going to happen, I guess: combinations of silly + serious. But that doesn't mean I'm used to it yet. :)

So far, the characters are showing their issues:
- Mon messed up big time last week.
- Mone needs to sort out his priorities with Nudee.
- Koi, always trying to be helpful and sort these clueless guys out, got Aon to come when maybe she shouldn't have (and Oat really took it out unfairly on her, in my opinion).
- Oat is a bit of a boss in a bad way. Is he seriously mad that Koi called the ambulance when there was a real medical emergency last week? :(
- Malee is not very helpful, even though her job is to help.

I like that Malee, who always doubts the team, got them back together when they had trouble. And I like that Mr. Kornavit's interview was so directly relevant to the team's problems. :)

But honestly, my favourite thing to do when watching this series is pay attention to Koi's reactions. She has the best range of 'no, that's idiotic' looks ever. :))
koi-thatsidiotic.jpg

แก๊งค์เด็กเกรียน ที่เรียกความเกรียนด้วยฉากสยิว ใน “เกรียนเฮ้าส์เดอะซีรี่ส์”

Short instagram video of Fiat and Pluem singing "หากฉันตาย" (If I die) of  60 Miles

(It's also one of the OSTs of Love Sick The Series  covered by Micky and Beam)

http://instagram.com/p/tJoo6wqSZB/ 

--------------------------

@bencanuck

Thank you so much for translating the episode 3 preview ^:)^ :-bd

Ooh, interesting. The interview is a pretty good introduction to the show. It tells us a fair bit about what to expect, without really spelling it out too directly. I want to translate parts of it... but I'll get to it later. I was working on translating and subbing the Hormones "Good Luck, My Friend" special today. :)

Since last year (Grean Fictions), Fiat has liked to make videos with him playing the guitar and other people singing. It's sort of his MO. I like how he just gets different people to sing with him. :))

I really didn't understand what they said in episode 3. (I haven't watched the subs yet)
But based from @bencanuck's preview translations, it seems that Nudee made a deal with Tee and Koi that if the new guy won't make it, Mone won't join the group anymore? Is it right?
:-/  :-??

Archived