[Drama 2015] Servants/Maids 하녀들

larus

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Slave Women’ suggests early kissing scene

The preview photos of JTBC’s “Slave Women” were released on Tuesday, hinting a fast-paced romantic development between the two lead characters. 

Starring actor Oh Ji-ho and Jung Yu-mi, the period action rom-com will apparently roll out a kissing scene in the very first episode, as the still photos show.

The period drama portrays the love story about swordsman Moomyung (Oh) and mademoiselle-turned-slave Guk In-yeop (Jung) of the Joseon era, spiced up by ample action scenes and frizzles of humor. 

Moomyung is an excellent swordsman and member of the secret resistance organization Manwoldang. Under the mission to reconstruct the fallen Korean dynasty, Moomyung disguises himself as a slave. 

In-yeop is the only daughter of a powerful royal courtier of Joseon’s founder. Her family falls to the lowest social class after her father is set up in a political scheme and dies. 

The Friday night drama will launch on Dec. 12 at 9:45 p.m. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD

@Jenetschka, Thanks for the long preview it was awesome beautiful scenery.. OJO is just as handsome as ever and the handboks are beautful also this drama  looks like it's going to really good so looking forward to friday just wish the longpreview was sub

"Maids", a historical story in the Joseon times

photo537371.jpg
According to statistics, the middle class take up 60% of Korea.
The new JTBC drama "Maids" deal with the unofficial history of maids who were pushed back by the generation that leaned heavily on the males. The setting is based in the Joseon times with 60% of the population made up of servants and maids. The drama is the story of real people and relates to the middle class people in the world today.
The press conference for "Maids" was held in the Hoam Art Hall on the 10th. The drama official said, ""Maids" is a historical but it also talks about the 'misaengs' and 'subjects' of today's generation".
Producer Jo Hyeon-tak says, "When we think about servants we think about people being tortured or pressured but we are breaking that stereotype. The Joseon servants are today's middle class people. They gossip, they have work hours and enjoy the various events that happen every day. We hope to express it that way at least. We hope to comfort those watching the drama".
Oh Ji-ho said, ""Maids" is not about close people but 'our lives'". He plays Moo-myeong, the slave of Lord Heo Eung-cham. He's smart and looks too good to be a slave. Oh Ji-ho continued, "I experienced being a real slave in "The Slave Hunters". You may feel it in the movie but the servants back then were very much like the middle class today so it would be easy to relate to".
Jeong Yoo-mi plays the role of the only daughter of a very influential person but one days falls to the life of a maid. She is playing in her fourth historical drama but she says, ""Maids" characters have unique identities or backgrounds and there's fun in watching them".
"Maids" is the third historical drama on JTBC about breaking point to an identity and challenging fate. It was written by Jo Hyeon-kyeong and produced by Jo Hyeon-tak. The first episode can be seen on the 12th.
Source : ISPlusCredit : Hancinema

jenetschka, thank u for posting the long preview. wow, JYM is very brave. what was she thinking when she jumped into the river with hand and body tied like that?! wooh!

valsava, i clicked 'awesome' to your post because u said OJO is 'just as handsome as ever' :x hehehe

I'm really really looking forward to this drama... I hope they sub it quick so we can enjoy it soon. Even if the story is not that great (although according to the previews and reviews it seems pretty good), just to have my Adonis OJH melting my screen is enough... :x
The wait is long... on my side of the world is still Thursday evening... :((

Hai everyone..im new here..im JYM fans and i like oh ji ho and kim dong wook as well...i ve been watching oh jiho drama and movie before..chuno, third hospital, la belle, queen of ambition and more..really like him..he such a good actor...as for kim dong wook i really like him in coffee prince and one of his movie that i cant remember the title... looking forward for tonight live streaming..Maids,JYM,OJH,KDW fighting.. :x :-bd :-bd

Actors give last-minute cheers for launch of ‘Slave Women’

The main casts of JTBC’s “Slave Women” rolled up their sleeves for a last-minute promotion of the drama on Friday.

Actors Jung Yu-mi, Oh Ji-ho, E Xia, Lee Yi-kyung, Jeon So-min and Lee Chae-young came together in their last meeting, and stood before the camera, wishing best wishes for the period rom-action’s successful launch.

In the photo, each actors are holding up message boards with their autographs and cheerful phrases about the drama. 

Directed by Cho Hyun-tak and written by Cho Hyun-kyung, “Slave Women” portrays the love story of swordsman Moomyung (Oh) and mademoiselle-turned-slave Guk In-yeop (Jung) in the Joseon era, with ample action scenes and frizzles of humor. 

Moomyung is an excellent swordsman and member of the secret resistance organization Manwoldang. Under the mission to reconstruct the fallen Korean dynasty, Moomyung disguises himself as a slave. 

In-yeop is the only daughter of a powerful royal courtier of Joseon’s founder. Her family falls to the lowest social class after her father is set up in a political scheme and dies. 

The Friday night drama will launch at 9:45 p.m.

Actor Oh Ji-ho and actress Jung Yu-mi appear in the still photos of JTBC's "Slave Women." (JTBC)

(khnews@heraldcorp.com) KPOP HERALD
@valsava you are welcome...I'm a little hesitant about this drama. but nevertheless I am happy that Kim Dong Wook is back on the small screen!!!

Archived