[Drama 2015] Servants/Maids 하녀들

larus

Kim Dong-wook and Lee Yi-kyung join Maids as flower boy noblemen by girlfriday | October 14, 2014 | No Comments

LeeYiKyung_KimDongWook1.jpg

Now that the Joseon-era upstairs-downstairs drama Maids has secured its servants in leads Oh Ji-ho (Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-young) and Jung Yumi (Mother’s Garden), it’s time to cast the noblemen. Kim Dong-wook (The Concubine, Dandelion Family) has chosen the show as his army comeback project; he’ll play the pretty flower-boy-next-door type who rivals Oh Ji-ho for Jung Yumi’s affections, and rising young actor Lee Yi-kyung (You’re All Surrounded, You From Another Star) is set to play a bad boy rebel. Full article Dramabeans

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

larus said: valsava said:

WHY DO I HAVE A FEELING THAT SHE WILL LOSE THE L;OVE OF HER LIFE TO THE VILLIAN SHE WILL PLAY ANOTHER DOORMAT ROLE AFTER THE TRAIN WRECK SHE WAS IN WITH MOTHERS GARDEN.. SHE SHOULD HAVE TOLD HER TALENT AGENT TO SPICE UP HER ROLES CAN'T DO MUCH IN THE JOSEON ERA WHAT THE HELL.. LITERALLY SHAKING MY HEAD..

We have new cast for supporting roles. Yeay, Kim Gab- soo!!!

I hope I did not understand wrong for Google translation. Kim Gab Soo and Jin Hee Kyung will play the parents of Kim Eun-gi (Kim Dong Wook) and maybe the others ( Jeon Mi Sun and Park Chul-Min ) are the parents of Heo`s siblings? We`ll have to wait for translated news.

NISI20141016_0010251169_web.jpg

source: newsis

They cast the gisaeng. Hwang Sun-Hee will play the role of Ga Hee-A.

2014101711273410600-540x748.jpg
 source> here

I read in the early synopsis that she will have an unrequited love for our hero.  I am already feel sorry for her. A gisaeng and a broken heart? Poor girl. I don`t have her character`s description. Hope for translation.

And they cast the servant friend of our heroine, Sa- Wol played by Lee Cho-hee.

이초희 ⓒ 프레인 TPC
 source> here

From Dramabeans

Hwang Sun-hee
is joining Maids in her first historical drama. She’ll play the much-loved real-life gisaeng, Ga Hee-ah, but in the drama, the famed beauty is a dangerous troublemaker. Having earned the devotion of Kim Gab-soo’s nobleman, she has her hand on his money and his power. Yet she feels tremendously jealous of Jung Yumi, who is loved by both her former flame, Oh Ji-ho, and the man she can’t have, Kim Dong-wook. It seems her philosophy is that if she can’t have them, no one can, and she’ll work to bring all three characters down.

Reading the description for Hwang Sun-hee`s character, the famous gisaeng, I am confused. I think she will have a better material to work with than Lee Shi -ah.  Is she the second female lead? I hope so. I`ve pitied the gisaeng but she doesn`t need that. :D A women who work to bring three people down, manipulating the fourth one? I liked her already. :)) I like a drama when we have good antagonists.

Casting continue..... Jeon So Min. She played in Princess Aurora and Endless Love. Reading her dramas series I realized that I saw her in Baby faced Beauty but I don`t remembered her at all. Again, I don`t have translations for the article in Korean.

http://www.epochtimes.co.kr/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/%EC%A0%84%EC%86%8C%EB%AF%BC%EB%B9%84%EB%B0%80%EA%B2%B0%EC%82%AC%EB%8B%A8.jpg

http://www.epochtimes.co.kr/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/%EC%A0%84%EC%86%8C%EB%AF%BC-02.jpg 
source: here

class="entry-title"Drama News: Maids Posted on October 23, 2014 by muchadoboutlove

The production team has released several casting news and the reports give a sneak peek into the drama. Touted as a ‘romance thriller’ sageuk, it seems to be gearing up for a slightly different tone compared with the conventional sageuk. Instead of focusing on the top class citizens in Joseon Dynasty, the story follows the lowest class citizens, who were often portrayed as minor characters in other dramas.

Full article: the talking cupboard 

We have new stills of Oh Ji Ho. The mysterious appearance of the undercover hero, Moo-myeong.

2014103109432411513-540x540.jpg
 photo credit: hankyung.com

First Look at Jung Yoo Mi, Oh Ji Ho in ‘Maids’

Kaede Jun+ by | Oct 30, 2014 | News Bits | 0 comments

Meanwhile Oh Ji Ho shot his scenes on Woraksan Mountain in Jechon. His intensity was perfectly captured on film as he portrays a man of the servant class with a secret. What a dramatic introduction if he is to come down the mountain with the snow whipping about, and he slowly reveals his face with the tilt of the hat.
 Full article kaedejun

I like the teaser. It is short by I liked what I saw. The women with the pots are like dancing in sync.

Oh Ji-ho beams in period drama ‘Slave Women’

Still photos of JTBC’s new period drama “Slave Women” were released on Friday, giving fans a sneak peak of lead actor Oh Ji-ho, who exudes masculine charms.

In the photos, Oh Ji-ho is standing on a mountainous hill, gazing down at the horizon. The autumn foliage is adding to the grave resolution of the swordsman.

Slave Women” is a period rom-com starring Oh and actress Jung Yu-mi. Oh will play Moomyung, an excellent swordsman and member of the secret resistance organization Manwoldang. Under the mission to reconstruct the fallen Korea dynasty, Moomyung disguises himself as a slave.

The drama will launch in December, following the conclusion of the television series “Yoona’s Street.”

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Say what? A period rom com? That we have to see.

Larus, not long ago, i thought they described it as a romantic saguek thriller. And about the teaser, when i saw it 'musical drama' came to my mind because the slaves had the same kind of costumes but colourful at the same time, and they turned around in sync. It was breathtaking.

minah_00 said: Larus, not long ago, i thought they described it as a romantic saguek thriller. And about the teaser, when i saw it 'musical drama' came to my mind because the slaves had the same kind of costumes but colourful at the same time, and they turned around in sync. It was breathtaking.

Valsava, i don't know the historical background of korea. so, i don't know about OJH's (or 'Zio' we fans always call him) character will succeed to revive a dynasty or not. i think he fails and probably he dies in the end. Haha!
Official website of JTBC's drama 'HOUSEMAIDS' (하녀들) is also out:
http://drama.jtbc.joins.com/housemaid/housemaid_op.html

Archived