[Drama 2015] Servants/Maids 하녀들

larus

Guest leiko1234

@deandraluv   I am glad that we agree on that.  When Mumyeong  turned around to look afar, Inyeobi also did the same thing, and that's a subtle hint that they  will share the future together.Some people complain that Mumyeong  lacks expression.  I  think otherwise.  His eyes expressed deep  love and concern for Inyeobi. While many   people, Danji included,  schemed to  climb social ladder, he refused the wealth and glory  that could come his way so that he could be with Inyeobi. Now I think that's a  kind of love with deep depth and serenity.

On the other hand, In  "Shine or Go crazy,"  up to the 23rd episode, everyone feels happy that the conclusion will be promising.  But, then, wham!!  the director hit the audiences' heads with a piece of 2 by 4.   Now, that really hurts.  I am now reluctant to start watching another drama.  I will just watch and re-watch "Maids" for a while.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest leiko1234

Oh Ji-ho's underwater wedding pictures

2015/04/09 |

photo582855.jpg

Oh Ji-ho revealed his wedding pictures.

He appeared on the KBS 2TV entertainment program "Happy Together 3" with Kang Ye-won, Oh Ji-ho, Kim Min-gyo and Hong Seok-cheon.

Oh Ji-ho said, "It's been a year since I've been married" then showed his wedding pictures that were taken underwater.

"We wanted something to remember so we took pictures underwater". When he was asked if he proposed, Oh Ji-ho said, "Not yet. I have to, but I've been busy".

Meanwhile, Oh Ji-ho is looking forward to the release of the movie "Taste of Love".

Source : stoo.asiae.co.kr/news...

I'm halfway through watching the last episode of Maids. For the first half of the series I felt like I was in drama heaven. Then it all went downhill. I'm going to look through the pages of this thread, but my conclusion is that many are rooting for the In-Yub/Moo-Myung pairing. My case is the opposite - I loved Kim Eun-Ki!!! I'm so sad how it turned out for him. The writers were so unfair. I feel Eun-ki sacrificed more far her than Moo-myung ever did. Yes he went over to the 'dark side' but the whole blame can't be on him. Soo sad, that I can't finish the last episode.It was a beautifully shot series though if not for the last few episodes plot twists.

Guest leiko1234

New Post----The Seed of Suspicion (edited)

King Tajeong came  to the jail to see Finance Minister to make two ironic points:
1) Thanks to his schemes,  The King  finally obtained the Imperial Seal from Old King Taejo
2) Thanks to him for raising Mymeong well, The King now  had an outstanding , trustworthy son with very strong ability.

Finance Minister, in response,  cunningly  pointed out that: "You will for forever be watchful of Mumyeong .  You will never be able to relax, and you are always going to live in fear  and have nightmares.   Why so? because he was once a member of the Man-weol-Dong . you will always be  wondering  when and where  he might swing his sword at you again."  the king  was no fool and immediately  retorted:"That will be in the future. And  since you will not likely to see it, you can't be sure."

The King, because he'd killed  many and had pave his path to  the throne with blood of kins , was very  paranoid and  suspicious of the people around him. It was unlikely that he would totally disregard the Finance Minister's words.  Did he want Mumyeong to be  close to him for easier control? Or was Mumyeong aware of this and chose to live as a freeman outside?  These are all possibilities.

The Gisaeng Ga-Hee , now she was  a clever woman who knew how to avoid the King's suspicion. She knew that her own safety was at risk. For her own survival ,  she  made a timely switch to the King's side. Although she was ordered by Finance Minister to poison the king, she had already changed her mind when she reported Eungi to the authority. After the King's close questioning, she admit to the king that, since the King was in the highest position in Joseon,she  had  no need  to climb any  higher in the social ladder, She would , from now on, devoted herself completely to him.

She must be very nervous  while navigating  herself carefully  through the  King's questions, I could not stop laughing seeing her staggering out of the palace  while letting out a long-held sigh!!  She looked so relieved!!
she must have aged quite a lot during session with the King.

Under Confucianism, people rely on scholarship for social mobility(even today), but the higher you climb, the more danger you are exposed to .  Throughout the long courses  of Chinese and Korean  histories,  countless  official-scholars were exiled, executed unfairly. These scholars in exile, living in shame and loneliness, often put their thoughts into writings, and they  actually contributed the best poems and literature to the oriental world.

Guest leiko1234

The  booming of the temple bell  always get me into a pensive mood.

When Inyeobi went to the temple to pray for the salvation of her father, Saweol and Eungi, we heard the solemn booming of the temple bell. Whenever I hear the sound of the temple bell, I recall this passage I read  long ago:

“The sound of the Gion temple  bells echoes the impermanence of all things; the color of the sāla flowers reveals the truth that the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind. — Chapter 1.1, Helen Craig McCullough’s translation”

The Gion temple is located in Kyoto of Japan. According to the Buddhist  legend, the temple bells  were rung for those close to death to remind them of the impermanence of their lives and comfort them with the knowledge of knowing they will move into a new life.

I think these words sum up the this drama quite well :"the prosperous must decline. The proud do not endure, they are like a dream on a spring night; the mighty fall at last, they are as dust before the wind."

I know this might be a little off topic, but I was able to meet Lee Shi-ah / E Xia, the supporting lead actress of this drama! Yoon Ok, the villian~
She's honestly a really nice person, totally different than her character in Maids! While I was talking with her about her role, she was a little sad that her first drama had to be a role as a villain. She even said in a cute way, that everyone only remembers her as 'bad girl' loool I've also asked who's the closest she became friends with, and she said the actresses that played Gae DoongYi, Dan Ji, and Ok Yi were some that she became really close with.
CBt8orUUkAAzHhm.jpg:origCBt83JMUEAAX1WA.jpg:orig

Guest leiko1234

I guess most people must have moved  on to new dramas, There haven't been  any more new postings for quite a while.

Hope to hear from you guys some other time in postings of some other dramas.

Guest leiko1234

leiko1234 said: I guess most people must have moved  on to new dramas, There haven't been  any more new postings for quite a while.

Hope to hear from you guys some other time in postings of some other dramas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi...where can i find the ost for this drama? one of the songs is just good but couldnt find it anywhere too bad

pleaseee.....if anyone know where to get the ost please let me know....thank you

Oh, it is so late to respond but... in case you did not find the OSTs.

https://koreanmusicblog1.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/maids-ost-jtbc-2015/

and You Tube

All are instrumental songs. I don`t remember if there was a song with lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fairygold

there is sommething about the lead actress that i really don't like. maybe because of her other roles....however the story sounds promising!

• 2 months later...

hi...where can i find the ost for this drama? one of the songs is just good but couldnt find it anywhere too bad

pleaseee.....if anyone know where to get the ost please let me know....thank you

Oh, it is so late to respond but... in case you did not find the OSTs.

https://koreanmusicblog1.wordpress.com/2015/03/24/maids-ost-jtbc-2015/

and You Tube

All are instrumental songs. I don`t remember if there was a song with lyrics.

thanks......though i couldnt remember now which song i was looking for....i think its the dim memory

• 4 months later...

JTBC Drama ‘Maids’ Will Air on Japanese TV

nj3g45dkrvqxysbqp7wjyasigu8kllgz.jpg
[by Kim Young Shin] JTBC’s TV series ‘Maids’ will be distributed by NHK Japan’s national public broadcasting company.

On January 20, the Japanese firm announced that the drama will be on BS Premium channel from April.

BS Premium is one of the satellite channels of NHK which televises drama or other culture and entertainment related programs. Korean dramas that aired on the channel include ‘Horse Doctor’, ‘Empress Ki’, ‘Dong Yi’, ‘Dae Jang Geum’ and ‘Winter Sonata’.

Drama ‘Maids’ was highly praised for its fresh subject and captivating scenes, when it was broadcasted in 2015. Jeong Yu Mi, Oh Ji Ho, Kim Dong Wook played the leads. It was based on 15th century, the chaotic early period of Joseon Dynasty.

The coming of age story is about a noble girl, who degraded to a maid because of a conspiracy and tried to find a new life. It is expected to trigger sympathy from Japanese viewers.

Meanwhile, the Japanese title of the drama ‘Maids’ will be ‘In Yeob’s Way’ to represent the life story of In Yeob (Jeong Yu Mi), the protagonist. It will premiere on April 3. (photo by JTBC)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=28860

Archived