[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

itemprop="name" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.2em; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; font-size: 1.6em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 252); font-family: Varela, arial, sans-serif !important;"CASTING NEW: Han Ye Seul and ​Joo Sang Wook confirmed to play lead couple in Birth of a Beautyjoo-sang-wook_and_han_ye_won_1.jpg

Han Ye Seul (Couple or TroubleSpy Myung Wol) has confirmed that her comeback role will be in the new SBS drama Birth of a Beauty, which is coming soon to DramaFever! She will be playing the female lead alongside Joo Sang Wook (Sly and Single AgainGood Doctor), who has also confirmed that he will play the male lead.

In this drama, Han Ye Seul will take on the role of Sa Geum Ran, an overweight woman whose life is changed when she is transformed into a beauty by the heir Han Tae Hee, played by Joo Sang Wook.

This is Han Ye Seul's first drama since the controversial incident in 2011 where she fled the set of Spy Myung Wol and briefly went back to the US to protest her poor working conditions.

http://www.dramafever.com/news/-han-ye-seul-and-joo-sang-wook-confirmed-to-play-lead-couple-in-birth-of-a-beauty/

한상진 ‘미녀의탄생’ 출연확정, 주상욱 한예슬과 호흡 (Han Sang Jin to join the Joo Sang Wook and Han Ye Seul in Birth of A Beauty)
201410010745000410_1.jpg
한상진이 '미녀의 탄생'에 합류한다.

배우 한상진 소속사 블러썸엔터테인먼트 측은 10월1일 "한상진은 SBS 새 주말드라마 '미녀의 탄생'(극본 윤영미/연출 이창민) 출연을 확정했다"고 밝혔다.

'미녀의 탄생'은 성형과 다이어트를 통해 미녀로 다시 태어난 뒤 주인공이 그녀를 탄생시킨 한 남자와 사랑에 빠지는 이야기를 담은 로맨틱 코미디물이다.

극중 한상진은 엔터테인먼트와 고급 레스토랑 체인을 소유한 JJ그룹의 경영자 한민혁 역으로 등장한다. 회장인 아버지와 비서실장이었던 어머니 사이에 태어난 서자이지만 아버지가 돌아가신 후 적장자인 이복동생 역시 실종되며 자연스럽게 경영자 자리에 오르게 된다.

그는 위험한 내기와 도전을 즐기며 잔인한 면을 지닌 인물을 통해 극에 긴장감을 더할 예정이다. 

한상진은 지난 6월 종영한 KBS 2TV 드라마 '빅맨'에서 소름 돋는 냉혈한 연기로 화제를 모았으며 이번 작품을 통해 이전과 또 다른 이미지의 악역을 선보일 것으로 기대를 모으고 있다. 

한상진 외에 한예슬, 주상욱 등이 출연을 확정지은 '미녀의 탄생'은 '끝없는 사랑' 후속으로 오는 11월 방송 예정이다.(사진=블러썸엔터테인먼트 제공)

cr: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201410010745000410

왕지혜, ‘미녀의 탄생’ 출연 확정…한예슬·주상욱과 호흡

Wang Ji Hye to Join Joo Sang Wook and Han Ye Seul in Birth of A Beauty

2014100110530357917_20141001105854_1.jpg

배우 왕지혜가 ‘미녀의 탄생’에 출연을 확정지었다.  

1일 오전 소속사 키이스트 측은 차기작으로 SBS 새 주말드라마 ‘미녀의 탄생’(극본 윤영미, 연출 이창민)에 출연을 확정, 빼어난 외모의 연예인을 연기한다고 전했다.  

‘미녀의 탄생’은 성형과 다이어트로 다시 태어나 삶의 전환점을 맞이한 여인과 그 여인을 탄생시킨 한 남자의 로맨스를 그린 작품으로 한예슬, 주상욱이 이미 출연을 확정해 기대를 모으고 있는 작품.  

왕지혜는 극중 유명 연예인이자 종편 방송사의 여성 진행자로 보호본능을 자극하는 가녀리고 빼어난 외모의 소유자 윤채연 역을 맡았다. 윤채연은 다이어트로 살을 빼고 새 인생을 살게 되는 여주인공 한예슬과 대비되는 인물을 흥미롭게 선보일 예정이다.  

지난 7월 종영한 MBC 주말드라마 ‘호텔킹’에서 차갑고 도도한 미망인이자 슬픈 외사랑을 연기한 왕지혜가 차기작으로 ‘미녀의 탄생’에서 어떤 변신을 꾀할지 주목된다. 

한편 SBS 주말 특별기획 드라마 ‘미녀의 탄생’은 드라마 ‘자이언트’, ‘마이더스’, ‘태양의 신부’, ‘내사랑 나비부인’ 등을 연출한 이창민PD와 ‘신 현모양처’, ‘장화 홍련’, ‘태양의 신부’, ‘잘 키운 딸 하나’ 등을 집필한 윤영미 작가가 드라마 ‘태양의 신부’ 이후 또 한 번 의기투합한 작품으로 현재 방영되고 있는 ‘끝없는 사랑’ 후속으로 11월 방송될 예정이다. 

cr: http://www.newsway.co.kr/view.php?tp=1&ud=2014100110530357917

Han Sang-jin takes on the role of Han Min-hyeok, the manager of JJ Group which owns the franchise brand of a luxury restaurant. He is the child of his father who was the chairman and mother who was his chief secretary but naturally rises as their heir as his half-brother disappears.

He enjoys dangerous wages and challenges.

Han Sang-jin starred in the KBS 2TV drama "Big Man" and this time is expected to play a completely different role. 

Other stars in "Birth of a Beauty" are Joo Sang-wook and Han Ye-seul. To be released in November.

Cr : Hancinema 

@kbleon & @MissA - Thanks for the latest update.  AsianWiki & Hancinema posted different translations.  
1.  SJ Group vs JJ group2.  HTH falling for Sara vs Sara falling for HTH...
My advice?  Don't pull your hair over these conflicting details...image

The players are in place...  I like this team.  Expect solid acting from this bunch!

With the additional description from Hancinema, it sounded very much like a royal family with the second-in-line heir to take over the royal seat while he got the opportunity.  Is it a rom com or a makjang?

Based on MissA's post from Hancinema, we got some additional details....  HTH owns a franchise brand of luxury restaurants... (I see there will be lots of high class dishes in this drama).
This drama is going to bring two of the most known attractions in South Korea - beauty and food...What will be the brand in this drama?s5lNyTVTbHLyiBESLyiAw8ZW6y49bqaAK5lpHp2P

From the same post - Han Sang-jin starred in the KBS 2TV drama "Big Man" and this time is expected to play a completely different role.Have anyone watched Big Man? HTH's brother played by Han Sang Jin has these traits in him - He enjoys dangerous wages and challenges.  I wonder if he got plans to harm his brother with his traits.... 
I hope HSJ's fans will hop on in this thread and give us some insights about his works...

Birth of a Beauty adds Wang Ji-hye, Han Sang-jinWangJiHye_HanSangJin1.jpg

With its leads in place, new SBS weekend drama Birth of a Beauty is starting to line up the rest of its cast, beginning with Wang Ji-hye, who’s making a return to weekends not long after her last drama Hotel King, and Han Sang-jin, who was last in the revenge drama Big Man. I’m pretty used to seeing Wang Ji-hye play the same second lead character repeatedly in lots of dramas, but this time they’re promising a fun rom-com character who isn’t the typical cold second female lead.

Birth of a Beauty comes from the PD of Madame Butterfly and the writer of One Well-Raised Daughter, and stars Han Ye-seul (Myung-wol the Spy) as a brash, overweight ajumma who drops weight, gets plastic surgery, and begins a new life as a stunning beauty. Joo Sang-wook (Sly and Single Again) plays the chaebol heir who gets her to undergo this transformation, for reasons unknown. It’s something to do with recovering a long-lost love, the trauma from which is causing him stress cardiomyopathy (literally, a broken heart). 

Han Sang-jin has been cast to play Joo Sang-wook’s hyung, his half-brother from when their CEO father had an affair with his secretary. Hyung runs the company in Little Bro’s absence, and his return to the fold will cause some strife within their family. Hyung is described as a cruel and dangerous sort, who particularly likes to gamble and take huge risks.

Wang Ji-hye will play a celebrity MC at a cable network, and her character is described as beautiful and feminine, and known for being every man’s ideal — the type to incite protective instincts on cue. She won’t be the usual cold manipulative second lead, but her character will be Han Ye-seul’s rival. I’m still iffy on the premise of this drama, but so far the cast is shaping up nicely, and maybe if it’s half as funny as they’re promising, it could be an easy weekend watch.

Birth of a Beauty follows Endless Love and premieres in November.

cr: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/10/birth-of-a-beauty-adds-wang-ji-hye-han-sang-jin/

Personally, I am not a fan of this writer drama..... In his/her last 2 dramas ( one well-raised daughter,bride of the Sun ),the female lead getting married with the 2nd lead fist before going back to 1st lead .....
And I think we can expect some makjang-ness in the story....

pattsue said: Personally, I am not a fan of this writer drama..... In his/her last 2 dramas ( one well-raised daughter,bride of the Sun ),the female lead getting married with the 2nd lead fist before going back to 1st lead .....
And I think we can expect some makjang-ness in the story....

Archived