[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who want to join "Birth of a Beauty" Rice Wreath and more - a collaboration with Baidu & FB Taiwan, we got the complete details in Joo Sang Wook Thread...  Here's the link for your convenience - http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/27819828/#Comment_27819828

So... Welcome back to DramaLand, Han Ye-Seul :) :) She's our female lead!
class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 600; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; "Han Ye Seul Confirms Drama Comeback with SBS’ “Birth of a Beauty”
an0ya September 28, 2014
han-ye-seul.jpg

Han Ye Seul has finally confirmed her return to the small screen!

The actress has been cast as the lead actress for SBS’ upcoming drama “Birth of a Beauty,” and she will be acting alongside actor Joo Sang Wook.

After undergoing plastic surgery and a rigorous diet, Sa Ra (Han Ye Seul) has turned from an ordinary middle-aged woman to an attractive lady, and she is about to start anew with the help of her stunning appearance. While enjoying her new life, she falls in love with the character played by Joo Sang Wook.

Read More- Soompi 

Not to fond of the plot so far, but I will give it a chance for JSW and HYS. I actually haven't particularly loved anything that HYS has been in but I thought she was decent in a number of things. I think this match up could be really good. I just hope the plot isn't too absurd. I can't quite wrap my head around how transforming this girl would help him win back another one? I usually don't get excited until I see a teaser or trailer... so I have my hopes up. JSW in a rom-com - love it!

Han Ye-seul, Joo Sang-wook confirm Birth of a Beauty
by girlfriday | September 29, 2014 | 22 Comments
HanYeSeul_JooSangWook1.jpg

Okay, first of all, that’s just plain weird. Is he pulling a Vertigo and creepily trying to make her look like a bygone lover that he’s still obsessed with? Or is there a logical (or even logic-adjacent) reason why he’d need to make one woman beautiful so that he can win back a different woman? If so, this is a really convoluted scheme. In any case, she loses weight and gets plastic surgery because of his plan, and naturally, he falls in love with her instead.

I’m wary of the crazy-sounding premise and what the drama’s treatment of beauty will be, but I do think it’s interesting to make her an ajumma at the outset, which gives her transformation more dimension than if she were just changing her appearance alone. I hope the focus is more on her second lease on life, and okay, that the hero is hopefully not a control freak who’s trying to make her a doppelganger of his first love. We have enough of those running around wreaking havoc on dramaland; we don’t need to go around makingmore. 

Dramabeans

-------------

The response for the main leads is good, I think. But the synopsis .... :|

I was okay when it's said about diet girl bla bla. But and then plus PS, I'm 50% not okay .... sorry.But but but sometimes the synopsis is different with the story hahahaI'm happy for HYS' fans because she's back. Never watch her dramas but excited to watch her >:D<

@MissA - South Korea is known to be the plastic surgery center of the world.  Their technology is different from other countries.  For Koreans, it's part of their culture since they visit the clinic during lunch hour like getting their hair or nails done.  For non-Koreans, it would be an eye opener since we will see their skills via the silver screen.
As for the plot, it is always vague until we get to the middle of the series... I think there is more than meets the eye.
P.S.  I prefer this drama to be a rom-com and not a melo with the plot... If this is a dark comedy, we will expect Han Tae Hee to be Dr. Frankenstein...  Instead of a grotesque creature, he created a barbie doll.   

In S&SA, we found out that D&T means Divorced & Tempting... I wonder if there is underlying meaning to the company in BoaB.  SJ can mean anything!
The Rich & Famous can afford to have their own super jet...XZ1NgsM.jpg

Han Tae Hee getting ready to fly somewhere...

Archived