[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

Guest adikkeluangman

I hope they will release more news or teaser in next few days. 
I've been watching again when new members introduced themselves. We know that at least members are not married or single so I wonder if actress Bae Jong Ok divorced or her husband deceased. Since she mention daughter, so she was married. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cascade7

@alfalfa go ahead and scream ;P  i basically squealed and clapped my hands Yugyeom reaction style when i saw the pic :D
and yes, Jackson is SO Sweet! his jersey ends up on Gukjoo's soft toy so in a way, they are in the same room? 
it's a good thing i've given up on sweets, hehehe

@adikkeluangman i've already watched it more than twice so i've got most of it in my head ;)

adikkeluangman said: I hope they will release more news or teaser in next few days. 
I've been watching again when new members introduced themselves. We know that at least members are not married or single so I wonder if actress Bae Jong Ok divorced or her husband deceased. Since she mention daughter, so she was married. 

@themarchioness Your post didn't appear when I typed mine -_- I think it was MBC, they switched with Real Men last week and Dad, Where are You Going? this week.
I think it's interesting that both the actors and the idols have great-great-great seniors as roommates yet the younger ones are already comfortable with them. Well, Sunny and Jackson are for now.

@cascade7 Hahah I can already imagine. I saw the jersey! Can't believe he'd temporarily gave up his Jackson 852 jersey.

Guest cascade7

yeap, i love that Bae Jong Ok is the oldest female member of the bunch. What i like about her is that she seems down to earth and very ready to interact with the cast. she takes the iniative at times which breaks a lot of ice when it comes to the sunbae-hoobae relationship i think :)

I've updated the front page with streaming links. Easy to find for anytime you feel like watching. Should you have any suggestion for any info you would like to see on the front page (ratings, the show official SNS, etc.), just let me know. I don't bite ;D

@themarchioness Deservedly so! Is it male or female? Cucumber is such a gender-neutral name.

Guest adikkeluangman

“Roommate” Maknae Line: GOT7’s Jackson, KARA’s Youngji, and Seo Kang Joon Pose for a Snapshot
BysbdeeIcAA6NCW.png

A recent selca of the three youngest cast members (‘maknae line’) of the SBS variety show “Roommate,” which includes GOT7’s Jackson, KARA’s Youngji, and actor Seo Kang Joon has been revealed.
On September 29, the production team of “Roommate” posted on their official Instagram account, “We introduce the ’Roommate’ Maknae Line! Seo Kang Joon, Heo Youngji, and Jackson! How do we look?^-^ #sbs #roommate #HappytobeintheMaknaeLine,” along with the photo of the three cast members.
In the picture, Seo Kang Joon and Jackson can be seen forming a heart shape with their arms, as they stand on each side of Youngji, who is flashing a big smile for the camera. This friendly photo is drawing the attention of many fans.
Meanwhile, the second season of “Roommate” premiered on September 14, but the second episode of the new season was cancelled for this week due to the live broadcast of the 2014 Incheon Asian Games.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/29/roommate-maknae-line-got7s-jackson-karas-youngji-and-seo-kang-joon-pose-for-a-snapshot/

-----Seo Gang Jun & Jackson meet up at 'Korean Wave Dream Concert'
20140929002051_5428275390f27_1.jpg

Photos of Seo Gang Jun and Jackson are becoming a hot issue.
On September 28th, Seo Gang Jun's management agency uploaded a couple of new photos on their official Twitter, and wrote, "With Jackson at 'Korean Wave Dream Concert.'"
The photos show actor Seo Gang Jun and GOT7's Jackson posing for a photo together.
The two are appearing on channel SBS' 'Roommate' together, and the photos show the two guys showing charming looks together. The first cut shows Seo Gang Jun and Jackson showing bright smiles at the camera, and the second shot shows Jackson gazing at Seo Gang Jun.
'2014 Korean Wave Dream Concert' was held at Gyeongjoo, and Seo Gang Jun participated in the event as a MC.
Meanwhile, last week's broadcast of 'Roommate' was cancelled because of '2014 Incheon Asian Games.'
http://en.starnnews.com/news/index.html?no=329392

Guest adikkeluangman

'Roommate' unveils character card for Park Joon Hyung
10246316_1394280690813377_53631719409587

SBS' 'Roommate' released the character card for g.o.d's Park Joon Hyung
Park Joon Hyung's character card reads:"24-hour full operation! Year-round chit-chat ~man!Powerful snoring~man!Eating anything like a storm! Big eater~ man!Words that he often uses: Wassup~man, You know what I'm taking about, right?, A little bit, Gub~ju (Guk~ju)."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/09/roommate-unveils-character-card-for-park-joon-hyung-bts-photos-of-seo-kang-jun-jackson-and-
-----Producer of “Roommate 2″ Explains Bae Jong Ok’s Casting
Byz1cP5IYAAChFb.jpg

Producer of “Roommate 2” explained the backstory behind actress Bae Jong Ok‘s casting on the show during an interview.
Producer Park Sang Hyuk said, “Bae Jong Ok represents the biggest change in season two of ‘Roommate’ from its previous season.”
A fan of the acclaimed actress, the producer further explained how she got to be on the show. “The casting started out with personal curiosity. And we thought her character would fill what season one lacked. The concept of season two is a family that shares and matures together, and we thought Bae Jong Ok would be a great role model for both the idol stars and the young actors.”
Initially, Bae Jong Ok turned down the offer. She has never appeared on a variety show, although she’s been on talks shows before. “So we even went to her door to ask her to reconsider.” After talking to her acquaintances who urged her to give it a go, Baek Jong Ok finally decided to appear on “Roommate 2.”
According to Producer Park, she is now very much enjoying her time in the shared house.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/09/30/producer-of-roommate-2-explains-bae-jong-oks-casting/

Guest cascade7

the Jackson card is out! but not the translation... T.T 

Embedded image permalink

according to twitter, a translator said that the card states that Jackson "mysteriously goes out every night" (cr. shmesm)

Guest cascade7

preview featuring YoungJi. goodness, the girl has a big mouth   O.O

not sure if anyone has watched this but try before it gets blocked :)

Oh man, now I just can't wait for the introduction session!
Several takeaways from the video:1. They actually used Gukjoo's infrared grill.2. Girrrll, do you even have space in your mouth to start chewing3. I wonder what she said that shocked Jongok.4. In the previous preview, Ryohei was drumming while Jackson did the dougie.5. The airtime changed again to 4:50 PM now.
Four more days to go! *impatiently waiting*

Guest cascade7

aww, does it really air 4.50pm local Korean time? man... why is the time slot so unpredictable... 
@alfalfa i loved how she used tissue to cover her mouth while she chewed. hehehe
why is it only Wednesday.... WHY?!

Guest cascade7

Embedded image permalink
"Curious person from Hong Kong. Toying with the hearts of noonas! Wild and sexy Wang. Eats, jumps, rolls, dances! Wang never gets tired. (Wang who has to suspiciously leave every night) Talent: 360 spins. (His body and mind are crazy.)" (Allkpop)

I agree with the crazy part! :D but they miss his previous individuality, sensitive and caring nature as well :)

cascade7 said:"Curious person from Hong Kong. Toying with the hearts of noonas! Wild and sexy Wang. Eats, jumps, rolls, dances! Wang never gets tired. (Wang who has to suspiciously leave every night) Talent: 360 spins. (His body and mind are crazy.)" (Allkpop)
I agree with the crazy part! :D but they miss his previous individuality, sensitive and caring nature as well :)

Archived