[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cascade7

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink
If that's how they review footage, no wonder some scenes are missed out! the person in charge of looking at a particular screen WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION!

Guest cascade7

and sbs has released a short mv (collection of clips) to commemorate the end of season 2. :) it's only aired for 7 months or so :)

but it's given SO many moments, up and downs. :)
regardless how i have issues with the show, i will miss it but at this point, i think it's a good idea to go.

Just wanna drop by to say that from articles, there seems to be a small percentage of hope for S3. Only time will tell how, when and if it's not a false hope.

And for today's episode, Song Gayeon will be edited out because of her conflict with her agency. It's said that they'll still show the scene because it involves other roommate casts but they'll edit her out. So I guess Jackson-Kangjoon (and Gayeon) scene is nothing but a minor scene.

Actually, before the news of her conflict with the agency came out, there were articles released about her appearance today. And the PD has mentioned that they can only air a small portion of her scene because this is the last episode and she's not gonna be the main focus. Hours after the articles were released, the news of her conflict with the agency became a hot topic and yesterday, there were articles questioning if she'll still appear on today's episode. And this morning, it was said that she'll be edited out. No wonder there's no mention of Gayeon nor Jackson-Kangjoon training in the preview. 

---
And some responses

Today's the final episode for Roommate.. The 'Sharehouse' to close its door.

1. [+963, -54] Though the viewership is low, thank you everyone for the hard work.
2. [+857, -76] Roommate Jackson, Joonhyung & Youngji. You guys are fun.
3. [+817, -95] But I watch it because of Jackson & Youngji.
4. [+555, -62] Thank you for your hard work. It's the #1 show for me personally.
5. [+467, -77] But it was really fun..ㅠㅠ What a pity ㅠㅠ
6. [+87, -10] The incompetent PD is totally at fault. If these members are given to the *'Sharehouse' PD, there won't be any talk about taking the show off air. (*Sharehouse is a variety show from another cable channel)

Wow... I actually really enjoyed last week's episode; can't believe the ratings were low!
I seriously laughed so hard, particularly when...

Jackson tied the headpiece around his waist, and the pointy part was right at his butt. Hahaha and he was so confident that he'd worn it the right way as well! Honestly this kid is so good at variety, and I don't think he even tries. Definitely one of my favourites on screen now!

Also when Joon accidentally flicked a lone piece of veggie out of his bowl onto the floor while he was at the temple - and that hilarious side-eye he kept giving the monk hahaha
And yeah Bambam x Youngji x Jackson, a bit overdone. I really liked Ryohei's 'proposal' though!
And did anyone else get weirded out by Henry? Wouldn't have put him up as the perverted kind haha. A part of me thinks it's scripted - I'm sure he'd be smarter about his behaviour on broadcast!

So sad that the next episode will be the last one. I hope they give every Roommate equal screen time because I'm seriously gonna miss this show :^(

Guest samkit

Really busy last month due to my oppa's comeback and concert, back to soompi before the last episode. Thank you for all the roommates, you guys are great =]
11116917_1057486414265909_210324515_n.jp

YoungJi's INS update: Roommate is a place where i was able to learn, share and enjoy lots of things♡ even though the last episode is today, it still doesn't feels real to me.. for me who was just debuted for 1 month, suddenly i've spent 8 months together with roommate.. it makes me very attached to it♡ i'm still lacking, but thanks to those who have visited us and the PD, writers, staffs who always there for me, it gave me strength and i was able to enjoy it and i was very happy.♡ i'll miss you all. but we still meet with each other><right?♡♡ thank you everyone, i love you!♡ to all who loved Roommate!♡ thank you! you will always love our family, won't you♡♡? please always give your support♡ let's watch tonight episode together♡!!!lastly, i love you all my family♡
#SBSROOMMATE #CharismaJongokOnnie #BAMMMMAlwaysCoolJoonhyungOppa #RealMenRyoheiOppa #HotTemperedYetAlwaysNiceDongwookOppa #KindAndFriendlySehoOppa #WomenFullOfCharmsGookjuOnnie #GoodAtEverythingSunnyOnnie #VeryKindMinwooOppa #AlwaysPrettyNanaOnnie #HandsomeKangjunOppa #AlwaysBickeringYetThankfulFriendJacksonie #LovelyTroubleMakerOi♡♡
Trans cr to yuda on Twitter. Via youngji update on INS

I love her tags, full of love. And the trans missed out her final tag: #IamRoommateEndorphinKaraYoungJi 

Guest nerian

song gayeon's agency is E&M? so what is Road FC?
i thought she was training under Road FC, then E&M claimed she wanted preferential treatment, no idea whats going on.

Guest adikkeluangman

SBS’ “Roommate” to End Its Run with Last Episode Today
SBS’ variety program “Roommate” will come to an end with its last episode airing today, April 14.
The second season of “Roommate” will be ending and the doors of the sharehouse will be closing today, in time for SBS’ seasonal reorganization for the spring.
CChjwSEWgAAXiem.jpg

The show first hit the air after joining the regular Sunday variety lineup in May of last year. It then kicked off a brand new season in September. Six months into the second season, there were rumors of discussion for another season. However, due to low viewer ratings and an unclear direction for the show and its cast, the discussion ended in the program’s cancellation.
Since the first season, “Roommate” became a highly-discussed show although it experienced a few bumps in the road. Over the course of two seasons, the show went through a number of changes and transitions, including a time slot shift that negatively impacted its viewership ratings.
Fortunately for fans, the return of a third season later on down the road has not completely been ruled out.
Meanwhile, the last episode is scheduled to air on April 14 at 4:50 p.m. (KST).
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/13/sbs-roommate-to-end-its-run-with-last-episode-today/
-----g.o.d.’s Park Joon Hyung Thanks Viewers Before Last Episode of “Roommate 2″
g.o.d‘s Park Joon Hyung expressed his thoughts on the last filming of SBS‘s “Roommate 2.”
On April 14, Park Joon Hyung posted on his Instagram, “Ah, unfortunately today is the last episode of ‘Roommate 2′,” with a picture he took with all the members of the show together. “Our ‘Roommate’ family, our producer, and our writers all worked very hard and  it makes it harder [to say goodbye] because we became so close with one another,” he wrote.
CCiiEeDW8AABkV8.jpg

Park Joon Hyung went on to say “Thank you to everyone for making so many memories~! And thank you so much to the viewers who made it possible for us to meet the audience through this program~! I love you~Bam~!!!” and expressed his gratitude towards the audience.
The second season of “Roommate” will be closing today with its final episode and there are no specific plans for another season.
The following program to air after this show has not been decided yet .
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/14/g-o-d-s-park-joon-hyung-thanks-viewers-for-last-episode-of-roommate-2/

Guest dongna

Hi Everyone! I would like to say bye bye for now. Thanks to all of you I was able to share all my feels towards this show. Honestly I haven't watched the last two episodes yet. I'm saving them when the time comes in the future that I really miss the show. I have this disorder of not watching last episodes of any series that I really like. Not watching let's me hang on to it and not forget. It's hard to let go... I'm very sentimental!!! Hahaha! Stay wonderful peeps! :-bd

Guest kyung-jin

10 K-dramas featuring the hottest K-pop female idols

by CoCo Kdrama on Tue, Apr 14, 2015

The queens of K-pop are rising in fame internationally, and not just for their catchy music. Many of our recent K-drama leading ladies actually got their start as idols, or are currently hot on both scenes. To celebrate their success, we have partnered with Spotify to curate the K-pop Idols: Ladies Edition playlist!  Follow DramaFever on Spotify to hear the hottest songs from these female powerhouses and see some of your favorite K-Pop idols as leading ladies in these 10 amazing K-dramas.

10. Roommate, starring Park Bom of 21NE, Sunny of Girl's Generation (SNSD), Youngji from KARA, and Im Jin Ah (Nana) of After School and Orange Caramel  

5941726_orig.jpg

73540f64-7e85-4251-94e8-83dc60c22c35_zps

11 celebrities come together to live in a large house. Friendships will form, romances will blossom, and tensions will boil over!

Source: http://www.dramafever.com/news/10-k-dramas-featuring-the-hottest-k-pop-female-idols-/

Yes, same with @dongna too ^_^ I would like to goodbye to all of you who active in this thread and sharing all of our thoughts..even though this show is quite a failure but I'm glad we still keep and stick to watch it till the end of episode... Hope every casts in Roommate 2 will always keep in touch together! I want to see Ryohei more often in dramas..and Dong Wook also said he will cone back as an actor...Me, now gonna miss the casts T_T and all of you too..till we meet again in another thread.. who knows we might bump to each other in another thread! Hahahaha  :D >:D<

I thought the visit to the hospital for a health check-up kind of weird, but other than that, it was your typical Roommate episode.  I kind of expected that to be the case since the show has never been about fanfare, even when Season 1 was ending.  At least they tried a little bit more this time, knowing that it would be their last episode, to have the gift exchange party.  I just wish more members had been able to be there for the event. 

It was nice to finally see more of Min Woo in these last few episodes, but Seo Kang Joon completely disappeared.  I noticed he's not even in Joon's picture (the one shared above).  I think that was a problem with Roommate -- it was too hit or miss in terms of who'd be around.  I get that people have busy schedules but it just felt like if they were going to commit to Roommate, they should have people who'd be around to be on the show.  Instead, it feels like in order to get people onto the show, the PDs of the program bent over backwards to accommodate by allowing them to make Roommate a second priority to their other work.  Right or wrong, it definitely affected the show, which as we saw towards the end of Season 2, turned into more of a guest house than a share house.

If that sounds overly critical, know that I've actually enjoyed watching both seasons of Roommates.  I started out wanting to watch for one or two members on the program (okay, mostly LDW), but I came to love them all.  I feel like I got to learn about members I would never have otherwise known, and they were a fun and chill group of people to hang out with each week.  Any disappointment I feel towards the program is mostly for the fact that I feel there was a lot of lost potential in the program, so really, it's a disappointment borne out of love for this program.  I'll definitely miss it.

Finally, thanks to all in this thread who allowed me to chime in from time to time, week after week.  You were a fun group too.  :)

Guest adikkeluangman

'Roommate's Nana and Sunny show off their flexibility in flying yoga while Park Joon Hyung struggles to keep up
Doing the splits in itself is impressive. Easily doing the splits in mid-air while hanging onto a hammock is absolutely incredible.
On the April 14 episode, which also happened to be the last episode of SBS' 'Roommate', After School's Nana, Girls' Generation's Sunny, KARA's Youngji and g.o.d's Park Joon Hyung tried out flying yoga to take care of their health.
Park Joon Hyung had a lot of trouble with flying yoga, as he was quite stiff. He wasn't very successful at the positions, including the Spiderman, Da Vinci, and Peter Pan positions, causing him to get a bit aggitated. 
CCkePJwWMAEmyHr.jpg

Like Park Joon Hyung, the three ladies were also nervous before starting the flying yoga session. But in comparison, they were amazing as they easily learned many positions. Sunny and Nana, especially, showed off their flexibility as they made perfect splits in mid-air (The Da Vinci position) and easily lifted their lower half of the body back (the Peter Pan position) and more.
Park Joon Hyung hilariously commented, "I knew they would be like this. They have a hammock hanging in their bathroom."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/roommates-nana-and-sunny-show-off-their-flexibility-in-flying-yoga-while-park-joon-hyung-struggles-to-keep-up
It's all PD job to do the editing and proper planning about everyone appearances. I don't watch this episode yet but when reading the news I thought maybe he was busy filming for his drama. I don't blame the members but instead on the production themselves.

Archived