[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

Guest gerryd

Oh man I almost fell off the couch laughing when the other guest(Jung Su) came up the stairs. Haha, Seho's ego got deflated when he found out that's suppose to be his match. Its funnier when Kim Soo Mi tells her "when you get re-married"... HA I'm sure he thought he was going to get some cute actress to be matched up with..

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Roommates : interesting/nice episode = min. screen time for SehoWithout Seho to push them around or bother them, the others were more relax & natural with each other. And when he did come to the house he's already tired, so he's not as annoying as he used to be.

Guest dongna

Roommate will be back next week! Someone please post Joon's IG post... Can't on mobile... I'm so happy and relieved! :-bd instagram.com/p/02jdjDnyO0/

Guest xianlie90

anyone knows why does jo in sung's photo came out when kimsumi said jackson was her youngest son to the ahjummas?

@xianlie90, Jo Insung & Kim Soomi once acted as mom-son in a drama. So when she introduced Jackson as his son at the market, people asked her, "Isn't your son tall?" (referring to Jo Insung - the caption says 'I'm the eldest son'. )

10809582_1386662488323171_121142067_n.jp
BBBAAAMM~!!! Roommate wont be on tonight BUT not to worry~ we will all be back next week on the same time and same channel as ALWAYS~! See u then~!

Guest solim4ever

Hi guys! i just recently discovered this show and I'm very glad I did. I spent my 4 days day off watching their 1st episode til episode 17. I visited this thread hoping to read some goodies. Is S2 really ending soon? I love the current cast and I can't even imagine one of them being gone. Truthfully, I barely know the personalities of the casts before I started watching it. Lee dong wook is the only one I am the most familiar with. It surprised me how I ended up liking all of them now. So I guess the reason of this post is simply to ask whether S2 is really ending. Thank you for whoever will answer. Back to lurking.. Pyong! :)

@solim4ever, Welcome! Based on articles before, S2 will come to an end soon but we don't know when. And honestly there are many contradicting infos. One of them is about the house contract. In one article it's said that it expired on March 26th. But on another article released on the same day, it was mentioned that they managed to extend the contract for about a month. I myself is confused.

Anyway, this might be off topic but I think it somehow will affect Roommate. Yesterday's show, 'Same Bed, Different Dreams'(?) is a success pilot show. Few articles about the show trended for quite some time and the responses are very positive. People like the show and want it as a fix program. The ratings are quite good though many people are not aware of the show broadcast. Soem of them watched the show by coincidence and they keep watching.

I downloaded and watched the show myself and it's actually quite good. I find myself bawling at one point and after some moments, I burst out laughing. It's not everyone's cup of coffee though. The show is almost similar to Hello Counsellor but the main focus is to solve the misunderstanding/problems between teens and their parents. I don't really like Kim Gura there (never like him) but still, it was quite entertaining and touching at the same time. And of course one of the main attraction is Yoo Jaesuk himself.

And looking how some articles are making it a Kong Hodong vs Yoo Jaesuk thing, I guess from production team pov, it's not a bad idea to make it as rival shows. And if that happens, how's Roommate? My suggestion is to put it back to its original time slot. Sunday. After Kpop Star ends. Unless if that time slot is meant to be given to the new show. Haha, if that happened Yoo Jaesuk has 2 shows back to back on Sunday.

@alabm10 thank you for sharing this info. I'm concerned as well regarding Roommate's future. Maybe SBS will cancell it completely looking on highly appreciated new show. They should really change the plot and the entire concept of RM if they want to continue with appropriate ratings. For sure it's mostly YJS who has attracted people to watch this new show, but interesting guests are crucial as well. And in RM there is lack of really interesting and funny guests. And do you know what netizens think about Seho? He's like MC now in RM.I hope that either RM will be moved to another time slot or that new show will air in different time. 

@Princi_86, Nah. They are aware of Roommate's popularity internationally. S2 has just started airing in Japan. It's popular on Dramafever. And from my observation, it's quite popular among kpop fans in China as well. All Kara members made Weibo accounts and Youngji surprisedly have quite a number of followers. Her followers are the 2nd highest among Kara members. Many of the comments written on her posts mentioned Jackson and Roommate. So I highly doubt they'll get rid of Roommate. I'm 99% confident there will be a Season 3.

And I agree with you, S3 members & concept are really important. You mentioned that Roommate lack of interesting guests but people don't even want them to invite guests. People want to see more interactions among the casts. Some people stop watching because they are tired of them. But in the other hand, some of the guests were the reason for the high ratings. *sigh*

From viewers' response, There are some S2 casts that are always mentioned as the casts they wanna keep for S3- Joon Hyung, Jackson, Youngji. Gookju & Seho got mixed reaction but majority want them to stay. The rests are mentioned here and there. And they want Roommate to get rid of members who are always busy aka the always missing members.

And as I mentioned, Seho got mixed reaction. People don't like they way he sometimes acted as an MC & that most of the random guests were 'invited' by him. But sometimes, people find him hillarious and he got positive responses. There are quite a number of people who want him to stay. Gook Ju got many negative feedback since the episode with Taec. People find her irritating when she kept bothering him.

And also, I think Roommate has a number of loyal viewers. But in general, people don't really care about Roommate. When the articles mentioning S3 were released, there were many replies asking them to just quit and surprised that it's still airing.

Guest nerian

In S3 they wanted only actors and actresses, i thought they mentioned this? i saw it somewhere...
and i stopped watching roommate, the guests took up so much air time and most of them i dont even recognize. just bored me to death. it always some heartwarming story then some joke at the end, no thanks.
i was waiting for jackson and sunny's prank when i read about it in AKP, who knew it was only at the very end and it lasted 2mins? LOL COME ON.. SERIOUSLY!?!?!
3 aunties talking, wow so exciting. :/

@alabm10 thanks for those hints. Well, I hope you're right and they won't cancel the show. I know that it is popular among foreign fans (both seasons) and I think people will watch it even if some crucial people will leave. But only if they'll replace them by interesting personalities. And of course RM is popular in China. Even Season 1 was. And now, with Jackson who is chinese it should be more popular. I was asking about Seho coz he's so annoying for me. I was wondering if netizens have the same vision.Regarding guests, I don't like it neither. My fav scenes are without guests. But I guess netizens prefer show with guests or no?Another question for you if you don't mind.:)) What do you mean under "trended articles"? You mean the articles where in the top of viewing and discussing?
UPD: poor Guk-Joo. I thought people liked that in her and found it amosing. That she is keen on handsome men/boys. 

Guest xianlie90

@alabm10 so thats why.. I was really confused that I googled kimsomi's profile and found out gag woman jungjuri is her daughter, but no jo in sung! LOL thanks!

Guest cascade7

hello people!!! been missing for a couple of weeks. hehehehe...
just watched episode 44 and it's a sweet episode :) 
personal highlights for me:
1. Ryohei and his cockroach - love seeing his playful side2. Soo Mi's no nonsense, straight-talking, say it as it is attitude! she's one of a kind that woman :D3. Sunny and Jackson - seriously, we do NOT see enough of these two even though it's obvious that they have one of the closest relationships in the house4. Nana and Youngji being nervous about going into the kitchen to meet Soo Mi for the first time! flashback to when youngji was nervous meeting Sunny :)

jackson was missing from the after-dinner talk upstairs. he must have really needed rest to forego having fun with the roommate gang...

Guest cascade7

just noticed that jackson hums/mouths the words of Sunny's ringtone even before it plays~! hahaha... jackson, jackson, how many times have you called your Sunshine noona to remember her ringtone? ;)

Woaah I can't believe that the episode that was recorded in the Lunar's new year is due to air next Tuesday . Tideo finally I can't wait \:D/ *happy dancing* the quatra bang will indeed explode the screen 8->

Guest cascade7

Embedded image permalink룸메이트 잭슨의 외국인 친구들편. 헨리 엠버 vs. 잭슨 뱀뱀. SM대 JYP 농구대결
(from sbspd)[roommate Jackson's foreign friends. Henry and Amber vs. Jackson and Bambam. SM and JYP Basketball match]

Archived