[Variety] Roommate Season 2 (It's Okay, 룸메이트)

alfalfa

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cascade7

Embedded image permalink오늘 룸메이트 44화 <욕쟁이 할머니의 맛있는 밥상> 예상검색어
(from pd)
Ooo, Sunny is mentioned. hopefully there'll be more than a few seconds of Sunny... she's been missing so often lately.
and KIm Su MI (the older lady) is going to cook a 14 course table? wow....

^
Translation

Roommate - A visit from **hell-meoni Kim Sumi (It's the tittle of a movie she's in, a play on a word halmeoni-granny.)
Roommate - Sumi cuss-holic
Kim Sumi - A 14-side dishes banquet from Jeollado
Kim Sumi - Explosive popularity at the traditional market
Jackson-Sumi noona - sweet chemistry
Heo Youngji - Sumi Mamma Mia dance
Sunny - transforms to a cute panda
Roommate - 'Im Kkeokjeong' pepper

6/8 of the highlights are related to Kim Sumi. Heh.
I believe I'm gonna enjoy today's episode because that granny is hillarious. But it just doesn't feel alright if this is really the last episode for S2.
Why does it feels like this is not the end? There's no mention about it. Actually there weren't any confirmation that today is the last episode, if I remember correctly. It's just a speculation from people since there'll be a new show airing at the present time slot next week. I guess we have to wait till tonight to see how it's gonna be. And they have yet to mention how they are gonna air the rest of the recording.
And I reread some of the previous articles and one of them mentioned that the rumor of S3 casting mostly actors/actresses is not true. S3 casts are gonna be like S2 - a variety of people from different sorts of field in entertainment industry.

Guest cascade7

@alabm10 thanks for the translations! i also remember reading from your translations that roommate pd's said that there will be no farewell episode for season 2. 
it's all so sudden though i can kinda imagine Kim Su Mi going out the door, then the camera pans to the cast members who are waving goodbye and then the door closes.
- end of season 2 -
if they do it that way, it's kinda like they left the cast in the house and they're all still together. it's just that we don't see them. it's been used in many movies and stories as a technique to say goodbye. 

cascade7 said: @alabm10 thanks for the translations! i also remember reading from your translations that roommate pd's said that there will be no farewell episode for season 2. 
it's all so sudden though i can kinda imagine Kim Su Mi going out the door, then the camera pans to the cast members who are waving goodbye and then the door closes.
- end of season 2 -
if they do it that way, it's kinda like they left the cast in the house and they're all still together. it's just that we don't see them. it's been used in many movies and stories as a technique to say goodbye. 

Guest cascade7

lol, have fun watching cause i can't catch it! won't be able to stream tonight and will probably only be able to follow news tweets cause i'll be away for 10 days or so

Wow it's so nice Jackson spending time with the haromoni and sitting on the swing and having a lovely chat about his omma and calling her omma I think. Now they are talking about kissing and relationships.

=))

Just a bit of what I saw on live stream. Will write more ..maybe tomorrow when subs come out. [*][*]

As expected, it was a very entertaining episode...and Kim Sumi-centric. Haha..
They showed the new program that will fill in Roommate's recent timeslot, Tuesday 11.15pm starting next week. A show hosted by Yoo Jaesuk & Kim Gura.

But as I mentioned previously, there's no sign that this is the end of S2.
During the epilogue, they showed the members playing the 'Truth or Dare' game. It seems so fun. I wish they showed that part not as epilogue. **big sigh**
There's a question they asked Youngji and it was a cliffhanger!!!! She haven't answered the question yet. (Regarding Jackson..haha..that will drive both shippers & fans crazy. Some Youngji fans on twitter have started to 'throw fit'. lol..)

And the caption at that time says "the maknaes story will be continued.."

So I'm so confused right now.. Will S2 still air but there'll be a change in the time slot? Was that the end of S2 and we'll get the answer in S3? Or will there be special episode(s) to air the yet broadcasted materials?

Oh, one interesting question they asked Ryohei.

Nana: Among members (female), who do you see as a woman?
Ryohei: I can't say who..
Dongwook: I know who.. Just tell them.
Ryohei: I can't!!!
Jjoon: So in other words, he's admitting there's someone!
Gookju: So, there's someone..
Youngji: There's a silence...there's a silence..

But.. he'd rather have a spoonful of vinegar than having to answer that question. lol. **But I really wonder who**

Ok.. Now I got the answer!!!
 According to what I gather from Kara Gallery, next week's Yoo Jaesuk's program is just a pilot program. So it's just a 1 week show. As for now.
 Roommate will still air the next week after. Someone said there'll be just 1 episode left. Someone said there'll be a few more episodes before S3 to kick off.

But at least we know that today's episode is not the last..
Ok..I guess this is really my last post as for now. Haha. Bye!

This doesn't make any sense not wrong either...!! So basically they have shot enough episode banks but yet to find the new timeslot?? *confused* .. Idts today episode is the last... Either the timeslot has shifted or there will be the continuation in S3..? Plus all episodes to date have been in two parts often broadcast a week apart, and that's how it supposed to be or usually works(coming from a familiar bg/experience)... Well we shall give the Roommate team benefit of d doubt since we ve no idea what to happened..
Speaking of Ryohei , that was pretty cute at the same time vulnerable n he tried not to take names.. !! LOLL.. I think somewhere down the line he probably had a long-time unrequited infatuation/crush with Sunny, atleast initially..  I might be wrong or perhaps GukJuice?? ROLLzzz..... Can't say much about nana.. As for YJ, it's quite visible that he sees her more  like a little sister ..Don't worry Ryohei as they say 'YOU'RE SINGLE TILL U GET MARRIED' ..weeehahahahahah....Oh well! u still hv a legit shot to win the woman of your dream ... !!  fighting  ..roflz

Guest winaitip

at last I can see MinWoo again lol
without him, this share-house kinda miss out something.
glad to see him back, but for how long.

lol

To add on regarding Truth and Dare game, what a pity they didn't show it during the show..It must be hilarious but Dong Wook also was being asked about his last kiss, and he didn't want to tell the truth...kekeke..
March 24Wookie still refuse to give an answer when was his last real kiss-willing to drink a spoon of vinegar instead of giving confession.http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201503250029901119&ext=na
[My Daily = Power News] asked the actor to wear the LDW for their last kiss. In the 24th broadcast SBS 'roommate' Seongbuk - dong found the house was painted the image of Kim Su-mi. Kim Su-mi, Bae Jong-ok, Byun Jung Soo and talk togetherSaid the remaining members to spend time between games began to show the truth in one place. said, "The last kiss when Nya" But he had not spoken to finish the question is LDW embarrassed. Eventually LDW is attracted to suffer eating a tablespoon of vinegar instead of confessing their last kiss. =))

Yay!! Yesterday's rating = 5.3% and Roommate ranked 1st during that time slot. Cool Kiz 2nd with 4.9%
Kim Sumi & Cha Taehyun effect --> This is what I get from the comments. Just in case if you wonder why Cha Taehyun, he left Cool Kiz to focus on his drama.

winaitip said: at last I can see MinWoo again lol
without him, this share-house kinda miss out something.
glad to see him back, but for how long.

lol

Aw, I really liked this week's episode. 

Ryohei & Min Woo opening:

- Finally!  We got to see Min Woo interacting (and not just being present0 with the Roommates.  It's just sad that it comes just as they're winding down Season 2. 
- Also, I loved, loved, loved Ryohei pulling the cockroach prank on Min Woo and Jackson.  He's normally so reserved, but here we got to see him joking around and actually being an instigator versus another participant in one of the Roommates' antics.  I thought that was an excellent way to show of comfortable he's become with his adopted family.
- Don't think I didn't notice that Jackson appeared with Youngji!! Looks like they'd been hanging out together in her room.  I'm not necessarily rooting for a loveline between these two adorable maknaes, but I do love how close and friendly they are.  I find it adorable how you can always see them playing around with each other in background whenever the two of them are around (as another example, you could see them poking at each other in the kitchen when Kim Soo Mi was cooking).

Nana, Youngji & Guk Joo:

- Who knew they were going to get so R-rated with those peppers!!!??  LOL.
- I also found that scene with LDW confronting them about his missing slippers random, but funny.  It's just another example of how much of a family they are to one another to joke around and know each other so well like that.

Scenes with Guests:

- When Ryohei mentioned that this was going to be his first time driving in Korea, I thought, "Oh no, not another driving controversy, please!"  I'm so glad (and relieved0 that he made it to Kim Soo Mi's house without any trouble.
- The guest was great; she fit in flawlessly with the family.  I love how eager she was to cook for the family.  I also found it hilarious how she just tsked over Jang Ok's horrible cooking abilities and tried to teach her along the way. 
- As always, Jackson stole the heart of the guest and who could blame Kim Soo Mi?  Jackson is always so loving and attentive to the people he meets.  He's a total charmer and it's his strength.

General Comments:

- I also liked that we got to see almost all the guests in one episode for once.  The only one we never saw was Kang Joon.  It took me a while to even realize that Seho was missing, and not going to lie, but I kind of enjoyed the breather space.  I think it actually worked in his favor because I wasn't the least bit annoyed with him by the time he finally did reappear.
- Still wish they'd show us the really interesting things instead of just keeping it for the end credits.  I want to see results of the truth & punishment game!!! 

Guest dongna

I agree with everything you said @themarchioness
Chill and happy episode... It's like watching an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S plus they have a mom :x I will miss this family!

Archived