Add and Subtract Game

Admin

158c7a5e27c413351d7695349e5812f7--thursd

ctto

4 hours ago, sweetroad said:

Hubby and daughter both love Stranger Things, especially the writing and character development. You might like it if you can handle occasional gore (I can’t).

Some gore I can tolerate, but I'd hate to see Final Destination kind of gore. Also, animal cruelty and stabbing. Blood or wounds per se don't gross me, and I've no problems with medical procedures either. But if blood is shed, for example, to be used as lip tint, then that is icky for me to watch.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 2

26 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Oh why is that icky for you? She meant to be vain and gorgeous...Lol...

Hehehe, it's her vanity that she's no qualms to self mutilate to look beautiful which makes it icky for me. That, plus it's not even her guy, it's for someone she had never met before. :grimace: Of course, first impression lasts, but at the expense of blood? :skull:

Well, that's just me, hehehe, though it might be different for others how much looking good matters for them. :relieved:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, partyon said:

Kate Bush wrote and composed a song called Wuthering Heights back when she was 18 which became an instant #1 hit in the UK in 1978!

I read the book a long time ago and I can`t say it is my favorite but it was a good read. I also know about Kate Bush but I never heard the song. Thanks for all the information.

+2

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

Since you have more recent novels on the poll, I'd add 2 to the list in the classic science fiction genre.

1. A Canticle for Leibowitz  by Walter M. Miller Jr

2. The Foundation trilogy  by Isaac Asimov

On the subject of Wuthering Heights, read it twice, but loved this 1992 movie version better -

Wuthering Heights (1992) - IMDb

+2

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

Nice to see so many people enjoying old classics.

:heartxoxo:

If anyone is interested in an Add Subtract book club, let me know.

I would be interested in reading Anna Karenina, North and South, Madame Bovary.

Have read a lot of books I didn’t vote for in the poll and have many favorite classic books not in the poll. My most favorite books in this poll are:

- Jane Eyre 

- Persuasion

- Catcher in the Rye

@LeftCoastOppa Yeah, we’re limited to 60 options in our polls. Lots of books I had wanted to include but had to leave out.

:crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@partyon  Anna Karenina and Madam Bovary are one of my favorite classics books I have read. 

“She wanted to die, but she also wanted to live in Paris.”  -Madam Bovary 

“She was not happy--she never had been. Whence came this insufficiency in life--this instantaneous turning to decay of everything on which she leaned? But if there were somewhere a being strong and beautiful, a valiant nature, full at once of exaltation and refinement, a poet's heart in an angel's form, a lyre with sounding chords ringing out elegiac epithalamia to heaven, why, perchance, should she not find him? Ah! How impossible! Besides, nothing was worth the trouble of seeking it; everything was a lie. Every smile hid a yawn of boredom, every joy a curse, all pleasure satiety, and the sweetest kisses left upon your lips only the unattainable desire for a greater delight.“ - Madam Bovary

“All the girls in the world were divided into two classes: one class included all the girls in the world except her, and they had all the usual human feelings and were very ordinary girls; while the other class -herself alone- had no weaknesses and was superior to all humanity.“ - Anna Karenina 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

I’m also a fan of the CS Lewis Narnia series (read it many times growing up), the Harry Potter series, and Lord of the Rings. :wub:

It was great to see all three series be made into movies, though I was always disappointed by certain elements in each. I think it’s just impossible to capture all the nuances of the characters you love in a novel and put them into a screenplay. Different interpretations of the characters I suppose. But the set pieces were always gorgeous and that’s what I really wanted to see every time. Hobbiton was especially wonderful on screen. 

o-IAN-MCKELLEN-GANDALF-facebook.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

@STARSX Welcome to thread btw. :heartxoxo:

Feel free to answer our add subtract newcomer’s questionnaire ;) 

1) Which continent are you located on?

2) Who is your favorite oppa/noona?

3) Do you like abs? Disregard if you’re under 18 

:emmm:

Judging from what you wrote in an earlier post, you are over 18. Hehe

@Thong Thin Not durian! :rage:

:kicks:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

@Thong Thin Was about to tag you on it too! So many durian buffets and fests going around in KV! There's even a durian run! Lol! Hope we have cheaper prices now since Hainan is producing their own... 

@partyon Should you consider getting durian allergy shots? Lol...

@confusedheart Havent seen you for a long time...Tulips for you...

close-up-of-tulips-blooming-in-field-roy

CTO

@LeftCoastOppa fine dining...

best-fine-dining-restaurants-in-kl-fuego

CTO

+2

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 2