Add and Subtract Game

Admin

16 hours ago, partyon said:

The story and writing sucks.

Don't waste your time.

Oh no... Is that so, unnie?? I feel bad for Jang Nara unnie and Jang Hyuk oppa !! :bawling: Hope they would pick up a good script next time!

+2

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

Ex-EO oppa's deep voice is back y'all! :love:

Oh look, cdramas ripped off Doctor Cha... :grimace:

https://mydramalist.com/710881-my-wife

Synopsis:

" A story of a full-time mother's career advancement follows Shen Anan who loves life and loves food. After experiencing a marital crisis, she chooses to return to the workplace. Through continuous learning and growth, she improves her professional skills and realizes her self-worth."

And yes, her hubby is a cheater.

It's even more barfy because he's cheating with her sister :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1

21 minutes ago, joccu said:

You´re right about that they don´t make singers like that anymore.

TALENTED 80s singers / bands with actual song writing skills like Phil Collins, Billy Joel, Eurythmics, Pet Shop Boys, Elton John, Cyndi Lauper, Rod Stewart etc. would never probably even debuted today.

No, today it's all about looks, and not about talent. :unamused:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I've attended a talk and being advised against eating all kinds of cadavers...There goes your favourite prawns, lobsters, etc...

Though plant products like some leaves and fruits can be eaten raw, can't imagine trying to take a bite off from a live chicken, hahaha!

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Oh look, cdramas ripped off Doctor Cha...

Doubtful on that, cos usually takes at least 18mo after Cdramas are done filming that it gets airing dates :sweat_smile: 

6 hours ago, partyon said:

Tina was a legend and a strong woman. She will be missed.

I can vaguely remember watching a documentary about her. She's admirable rising above her disaster of her previous marriage.

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

No, today it's all about looks, and not about talent.

Oh yeah. Even in contests, it's still rare that it's the talented who wins. 

DYaoNLnXUAE0GaM.jpg

ctto

... in advance, hahahaha! Have a good time +/- players ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Doubtful on that, cos usually takes at least 18mo after Cdramas are done filming that it gets airing dates :sweat_smile: 

It premiered after Doctor Cha, chingu. :D

52l1jx.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1

17 minutes ago, partyon said:

It premiered after Doctor Cha, chingu.

Ehehehe, yeah, but story wise, I think I read enough manhuas or novels that has a jealous sibling cheat with the spouse/fiancee/fiance, sigh. "My Wife" finished shooting August 2021. License to distribute will be even much later, but once it's there, drama can be scheduled to air soon, usually within a couple months. 

Lately the expected to be be shown soon dramas are delayed, or it suddenly airs ahead of schedule in Cdramaland :skull: :joy: 

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

Why doesn't Johnny Depp have an American accent when he grew up in the US ? Am watching an interview with him and Ricky Gervais on YouTube from about 11 years ago, and his accent is weird.

I am wondering if the fact that he worked with so many accents affected his own accent and/or the fact that he lived in Europe for a long time with Vanessa Paradis (who is French)? Or is there smth else?

He is good at picking up accents though!

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

Or is there smth else?

Does it feel that Johnny is mimicking the accent of the person talking to him? If so, then that's how Johnny is trying to make the other person more affable while doing the interview.

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Does it feel that Johnny is mimicking the accent of the person talking to him? If so, then that's how Johnny is trying to make the other person more affable while doing the interview.

Apparently he did that during the trial too. Some people think that he has a brain injury? :scream:

I don't know, I didn't watch the trial. @confusedheart @agenth did. They kept me updated. :unamused:

Renee Zellweger has the best British accent though! :love:

Gillian Anderson is extraordinary though. She speaks both American and British accents natively.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Apparently he did that during the trial too. Some people think that he has a brain injury?

Huh? Though it can be a reason, mimicking the accent of the person you're talking to is more akin to being an emphatic conversationalist. 

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

Gillian Anderson is extraordinary though. She speaks both American and British accents natively.

One of my fave actress :love: Emilia Clarke can also do,  and Meryl Streep.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

Just now, MayanEcho said:

Meryl Streep.

Chingu, one if not the best! :love:

Now I got this video as a recommendation while I was watching accent videos. :joy: A classic and super funny Catherine Tate skit :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

Fun (?) fact for people who:

a) Love Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë (1847)

and/or

b) would like to know what one of the top 10 hardest songs for women to sing is

@Lmangla @sweetroad @MayanEcho @confusedheart @agenth @joccu @larus come to mind :kiss_closed:

Some of you may have heard of Kate Bush last year when an old song (Running Up That Hill) of hers shot up the charts again after 30+ years due to Stranger Things.

Kate Bush wrote and composed a song called Wuthering Heights back when she was 18 which became an instant #1 hit in the UK in 1978!

Here's the song. I recommend you to listen to it and watch the video (if you haven't heard of this song before):

For people who are not familiar with Wuthering Heights:

Spoiler

it's about Heathcliff (an orphan) and Catherine who grow up playing on the moors of Wuthering Heights. Heathcliff is shunned because of his orphan past, and leaves for 3 years. Catherine (who originally loves Heathcliff) marries another man, Edgar.

Catherine gives birth to a daughter and dies.

Heathcliff is blinded by hate and goes on a revenge rampage and starts seeing Catherine's ghost. (It's almost like Original Barf drama y'all :D ).

Long story short, also Heathcliff dies in the end, and they are reunited in death...

Kate Bush loved the 1939 movie adaptation of this novel, and so she wrote a song is about it. She's singing it from the perspective of Catherine who is already dead and haunting cruel Heathcliff.

Lyrics of the song:

Spoiler

Out on the wiley, windy moors
We'd roll and fall in green
You had a temper like my jealousy
Too hot, too greedy
How could you leave me
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you, I loved you, too

Bad dreams in the night
They told me I was going to lose the fight
Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights

Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy
Come home, I'm so cold!
Let me in-a-your window

Come home, I'm so cold!
Let me in-a-your window

Ooh, it gets dark, it gets lonely
On the other side from you
I pine a lot, I find the lot
Falls through without you
I'm coming back, love
Cruel Heathcliff, my one dream
My only master

Too long I roam in the night
I'm coming back to his side, to put it right
I'm coming home to wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights

Come home, I'm so cold!
Let me in-a-your window

Come home, I'm so cold!
Let me in-a-your window

Ooh, let me have it
Let me grab your soul away
Ooh, let me have it
Let me grab your soul away
You know it's me, Cathy!

FUN FACT #1

It was the first first UK no.1 written and performed by a female artist.

FUN FACT #2

Kate Bush and Emily Brontë share their birthdays, born on the same day July 30th (different years haha)

FUN FACT #3

It's an extremely complex song and hard to sing, and that's why it is rarely covered.

FUN FACT #4

Kate Bush was well ahead of her time when she wrote this song. Both from a musical, but also performance perspective (she is an interpretive dancer and the performance is quite theatrical). You see that audiences in her live performances don't really know how to act - they just kind of stand there. :sweatingbullets:

FUN FACT #5

She recorded the song in one take. Her live renditions of this song are flawless.

Now you know! :fullofhearts:

- no number -

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

Wuthering Heights

isn't this tooted as a romantic book? i never read it though

26 minutes ago, partyon said:

Kate Bush wrote and composed a song called Wuthering Heights back when she was 18 which became an instant #1 hit in the UK in 1978!

Looks older than 18 in her video, but maybe that 70s makeup that makes her look older?

27 minutes ago, partyon said:

It's an extremely complex song and hard to sing, and that's why it is rarely covered.

ya her voice sounds kinda ghostly too

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I am wondering if the fact that he worked with so many accents affected his own accent and/or the fact that he lived in Europe for a long time with Vanessa Paradis (who is French)? Or is there smth else?

that's a good guess. 

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Renee Zellweger has the best British accent though! :love:

hahahahahaha i love this movie.

man this "fitzherbert" guy is so condescendingly british too :D

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

28 minutes ago, agenth said:

isn't this tooted as a romantic book? i never read it though

Chingu, it's not really a love story. Wuthering Heights is a revenge Thai lakorn with a sad ending. :loolz:

Peeps, a poll is up designed by "moi". :dorakiss:Which classic books do you love?

@agenth @joccu @gm4queen @Sleepy Owl @rocher22 @STARSX @LeftCoastOppa @Thong Thin @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st @sweetroad @Wuzetian @rocat @MayanEcho @4evrkdrama @kokodus @Lmangla  

PS. Sorry about Moby-RickRoll'D by Herman Melville (1851) - I hope you know which book I'm referring to

:Megalol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Thirsty 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

The way her voice sounds is perfect for the song. 

7 hours ago, partyon said:

Kate Bush was well ahead of her time when she wrote this song. Both from a musical, but also performance perspective (she is an interpretive dancer and the performance is quite theatrical). You see that audiences in her live performances don't really know how to act - they just kind of stand there. :sweatingbullets:

She did so well, and her expressions are spot on.

Though I've read a bit of Stranger Things, I haven't watched it, LOL. I do know though that Gaten Materazzo, a former Les Mis Gavroche, is one of the cast.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Chingu, it's not really a love story. Wuthering Heights is a revenge Thai lakorn with a sad ending. :loolz:

ya i know but in some media it's portrayed as one. revenge by whom though? heathcliff?

i only voted P&P - one of my favourites!

i read following books as well:

• Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (1847) - a bit depressing
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen (1818) - a bit long yearning
  • Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell (1949) - read in school
  • The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck (1939) - read in school cos i was forced to pick John Steinbeck instead of Jane austen for a book report!!! didn't understand the dialect.
  • The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (1951) - read in school, overuse of the word "PHONEY". can understand the teen-angst though!
  • Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky (1866) started reading due to peer pressure, read 3/4 and gave up. very depressing!
  • Emma by Jane Austen (1815) - hm
  •  

own but not read - should I???

• The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (1925)
  • Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (1860)
  • Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray (1847)
    1. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (1854)
  • Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert (1856)

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

Nice poll @partyon! Looking at the ones I chose I definitely have a preferred genre :D

Chingu I think playing Jack Sparrow messed up Johnny Depp for good. 

sub-buzz-8912-1506114760-6.jpg?crop=1600

J/k. He does a brilliant job as the daft pirate. 

@MayanEcho Hubby and daughter both love Stranger Things, especially the writing and character development. You might like it if you can handle occasional gore (I can’t).

Omo, @agenth I love Bridget Jones too! In fact I just finished rereading the first book a few days ago. Soo funny. 

““What's this, hon?" said Tom eventually. "Is it marmalade?" Horror-struck, took mouthful myself. It was, as he said, marmalade. Realise after all effort and expense have served my guests:

Blue soup.
Omelette.
Marmalade.”

:loolz:

11 minutes ago, agenth said:

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (1854)

One of my favorite books ever! the miniseries with Richard Thornton is good, too, but not as good as the book. Read it you might like it! :wub: 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1