Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am not a fan of time travel in general -- my mind shortcircuits! hahahaha.. so I have come across many different versions of outlander plot in the book store but was never tempted to pick any of them. 

:lol:

I didn’t think I was a fan of time travel, either, until I met Jamie and Claire. The story is epic, full of relatable emotions, and just awesome. :fullofhearts:

caitriona balfe ew GIF by Entertainment Weekly

@agenth Do you prefer that black paisley outfit or his Youth MT outfits? :D I’m kind of partial to his baseball hat and sweatshirt. 

Young-Actors-VIU-2-e1665991032722.png

Ctto

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, partyon said:

I didnt’t even watch the first season after @Lmangla sweetie’s bad bad reviews :grimace:

Yes season 1 was very bad, I couldn't get past 2 eps hence when everyone told me that season 2 is a must watch, I barfed. But somehow I picked up season 2, I don't even remember why....and it was actually pretty decent. It's been a long time since I enjoyed a romance drama, I was actually surprised at how good it was. I do love a good hate to love relationship. The sexual tension between the leads were off the charts and I kept wanting to lock them in a room alone so they can ugly fight each other and then make up with kisses and hugs and more. LOL. It was good. 

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

:waves: guys!

It's been a while since I dropped by the weekend. How are you all doing? What are you up to? Me helping out @partyon chingu with something! :wub: WHERE ARE YOU ANYWAY?? As usual, she just disappeared without a prior notice! Ha ha ha... :joy:

Currently in a drama slump... Nothing catches my attention! Anything fun to watch, guys?? Feel free to recommend! :sparklyeyes:

Okay, you guys have fun! I'll be back later...  :smooches3:

valentines-day-background-beautiful-bouq

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, the_sweetroad said:

I didn’t think I was a fan of time travel, either, until I met Jamie and Claire. The story is epic, full of relatable emotions, and just awesome

there is a whole trope in the romance novel section of time slip -- for some reason, they inevitably time slip to the scottish highlands. it goes like this:

version #1 -- either ML or FL find themselves at some old castle. they see some weird things. then ML or FL find themselves in the past and find themselves interacting with the ancestor of the modern day owner of the castle. then lots of stuff happens. in some, a baby will be born and then the lead ends back in the future. time passes and lead is in despair. then for some reason, the ancestor person also ends up in future. 

version #2 -- either ML or FL find themselves at some old castle. the owner is cranky and hates them. turns out lead is dead on impersonation of the original owner/ancestor of the castle which is all very confusing. then lead ends up in the past, stuff happens, then gets ejected out of time. is depressed and ends up in romance with now present owner of castle. 

version #3 -- .......

as you can see, there are various versions of this time slip trope that it is a niche genre in itself. no idea if the author of outlander started it all or if this trope had been around for a while but like I said, there are so many books around this trope that I had no interest in watching. shrugs. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

@gm4queen  what kind of dramas you usually watch?

@partyon  is watching gaus electronics and she finds it Fun. 

me I’m into crime so I been watching the blind although I’m really behind. 

also I have kind of find again fun daily.  I used to watch them a lot but lately they been awful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, joccu said:

@gm4queen  what kind of dramas you usually watch?

Well... Anything is fine for me as long as it's not horror, chingu! :) I tried watching Namgoong Min's One Dollar Lawyer but it didn't impress me. I dropped it! May be a good rom-com?? Is Blind okay?? You enjoying it? :lol:

+2

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

27 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@gm4queen ~ why don't you try one of the dailys? each ep is only half hour. 

Chingu, dailies have too many episodes?? 30 minutes is so okay with me. Hope you recommend me a good one. I've never watched any dailies so far! But I guess it'd be a nice change. Are they all like slice-of-life type?? Sorry... I ask too many questions as I lack in knowledge! :D

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

42 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Chingu, dailies have too many episodes?? 30 minutes is so okay with me. Hope you recommend me a good one. I've never watched any dailies so far! But I guess it'd be a nice change. Are they all like slice-of-life type?? Sorry... I ask too many questions as I lack in knowledge! :D

it depends on the genre chingu; there is slice of life, family dramas as well as revenge and makjang. right now, there are 2 revenge dramas that recently started (so easy for you to catch up). both of them look interesting. witch's game is a slow burner but it may turn out to be more interesting than expected because of the characterization. vengenace of bride is more a typical type revenge drama -- the sort we all have fun roasting together. dailys are fun to watch if you are in a forum. then even the most boring episodes can be entertaining because people are so hilariously snarky. :D 

• LOL 4

@gm4queen  well so far blind been interesting. Although I have only seen 4 episodes.   

If you really want to check daily you should definitely check like @Lmangla said vengeance of bride. It is so typical revenge daily. But it is also so fun to watch. You are always laughing how these people can be so stupid or so trusting. :loolz:

About the rom-com. I don’t watch them so honestly don’t know if there is any good them airing right now. 

@the_sweetroad  City game was amazing today. It was just my luck that Haaland did not play today.  Oh well at least I had amazing time in UK.  

Eurovision artist Subwoolfer has a new song.

https://m.koreatimes.co.kr/pages/article.asp?newsIdx=338819

:astonished:

this is shocking.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

13 hours ago, Lmangla said:

as you can see, there are various versions of this time slip trope that it is a niche genre in itself. no idea if the author of outlander started it all or if this trope had been around for a while but like I said, there are so many books around this trope that I had no interest in watching. shrugs.

Haha, nice breakdown. Lots of despair in time traveling...and Scotland, apparently. :blink:

Outlander was first published in 1991 and Diana Gabaldon got the idea from watching an episode of Dr Who where there's a young Scottish highlander - in a kilt - named Jamie. It stuck with her and she developed an entire story around him. But it does sound like there's quite a niche around all this now and I don't think I could read more than just Outlander. The rest would just pale in comparison!

7 hours ago, gm4queen said:

May be a good rom-com??

Try Gaus Electronics, too, chingu! It is definitely comedy, and definitely has romance, and beyond that it has a bunch of quirky characters and a creative script. We're all enjoying it a lot. :)

3 hours ago, joccu said:

City game was amazing today. It was just my luck that Haaland did not play today.  Oh well at least I had amazing time in UK.  

I saw the score and photos of the free kick! Sounds like it was a good game. And you got to see Pep celebrate. :D

Happy Manchester City GIF by ElevenSportsBE

@Lmangla and @joccu I just binged 5 episodes of Vengeance of the Bride. My first daily ever.  I'm laughing that the revered actress who plays Halmeoni actually wanted to play this role! But she's doing "hapless halmeoni" well. :) The CEO is despicable, killing off all the people that were actually likeable. I don't know how these kids will actually get over all this trauma.

1 hour ago, joccu said:

this is shocking.  

Just read this. Oh my goodness!!! Totally shocking and so sad. There was that recent stampede in Indonesia, too. :(

The photos are chilling. Too many bodies just lying on the ground. :(

More news: https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-asia-63442399

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

5 minutes ago, joccu said:

Do you like the daily? I find it so funny.

Oh my gosh. It's so ridiculous. But it moves quickly and the actors are doing their best with what they got. :lol: I'm also watching it in 2x speed, which makes each episode finish up in just 15 minutes. The thought of 100 episodes was overwhelming.

7 minutes ago, joccu said:

I skipped all the photos and videos. Don’t want see them. 

Yeah, I'm skipping all the videos. Sounds like people were already feeling unsafe from all the crowds even before the crush happened. :(

• LOL 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Oh my gosh. It's so ridiculous. But it moves quickly and the actors are doing their best with what they got. :lol: I'm also watching it in 2x speed, which makes each episode finish up in just 15 minutes. The thought of 100 episodes was overwhelming.

that is pretty much how we all watch -- it is part comedy and just FF the boring bits. write snarky comments, make dumb bets and randomly discuss wink wink grandmas. :lol:

• LOL 4

8 minutes ago, joccu said:

Welcome to the land of ridiculous dailies.

John Krasinski Smile GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

write snarky comments, make dumb bets and randomly discuss wink wink grandmas.

Ooh, looking forward to the dumb bets. I've already seen some of the snarky comments. :lol:

This drama reminds me of Mask, actually. In that sense @partyon shouldn't try it. :D

• LOL 4
  • Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, joccu said:

@Lmangla  what has been the daily that you have liked the most/been most entertaining?

hands down, man in a veil -- the drama was so off-kilter and the forum used to make me laugh so much. second would be miss montecristo for the same reasons. 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5