Add and Subtract Game

Admin

13 hours ago, partyon said:

Drama starts off with the ML finding his wife in bed.... with his dad.

Now @partyon surely has a talent for choosing these 'barf' dramas. After the successful recap of two Thai lakorns, here's presenting another exciting barf drama to keep us all 'barfing' all the way. :spitswater:

Spoiler

Ace Ventura barf gif :: WRALSportsFan.com

Cheering for our chingus @partyon @joccu and @Lmangla

and of course @the_sweetroad who gets most involved in these recaps and remembers all the twisted plot lines.  :hwaiting2:

Spoiler

Cheering For You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Good morning everyone!:dorakiss:

It is Woori Day! Sung Hoon oppa! Saranghae :allgoodlol:

@sadthe1st Are you watching Woori / Our Blues? I dropped Sh**ting Stars. Too cliched. Why do they have to include a love story? I hoped it would be like Good Manager. Or any other good workplace drama. Not a soppy love story with a 'star' and an 'ordinary' ugly Betty. 

+2

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Do you understand Bollywood dialect @Lmangla? Is it widely different from Tamil?

so bollywood movies are shot in hindi. tamil is a language from a different language family altogether. it is as far as arabic is from korean. very different. tamil itself is a classical language with hundreds of years of literature behind it. so there was a period of time when the south indian traders and kingdoms had huge influence on south east asia through the trading routes. that is why languages like thai and cambodian have curved scripts -- tamil has a curved script because it was written in palm leaves. writing straight lines would tear the leaf and therefore the script ends up having curves. there is even suggestion that korean has some tamil words -- for example, omma and appa is similar to our "amma, appa".

and if you see the name "singapore" -- that is actual from tamil and it comes from "singam" (lion) + "ooru" (city/town) -- that is why singapore is known as "lion city". not sure if there were actual lions floating around at any point though... @sadthe1st ~ do you know why lion? 

so that is linguistics and history side. politically, language differences can be a bit of a hot bed. contrary to most places, we actually don't have a national language. we have 22 languages recognized by the constitution and 700+ languages that are recognized on census, 6 language familes and several isolates. broadly speaking, you can club the language families into north, south, east, west, northeast. each of the language families are more closer in terms of their own distinct culture and thinking. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

12 hours ago, partyon said:

@LeftCoastOppa @joccu @sadthe1st @Idylla Kaizoku @Ameera Ali @Sleepy Owl

I have a serious question about Tomorrow. I watched this video of the main differences between webtoon Choi Joong Gil and drama Park Joong Gil:

Was his abs A leverage to get more scenes when he didn’t get more scene, he behold His asset ( abs )  :loolz:

he probably learn to not sell his abs short :D

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

9 hours ago, joccu said:

@partyon  wow. How many episode this lakorn has? 

@Lmangla @joccu Ep 2 was an improvement, and I am now totally invested in the remaining 14 episodes. It was as barf as I expected. Maybe even a tad more. :D Yea, you wanna use the FF button from time to time, but it's not half bad.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Too cliched. Why do they have to include a love story? I hoped it would be like Good Manager. Or any other good workplace drama. Not a soppy love story with a 'star' and an 'ordinary' ugly Betty.

hahaha i think it was meant to be a romcom.. and, the ordinary ugly betty is pretty!!!

not saying that she is very good actress but definitely tall and pretty!

3 hours ago, confusedheart said:

Are you watching Woori

i’m supposed to start on this.. especially interested in the p-less oppa @Ameera Ali lolol

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

not sure if there were actual lions floating around at any point though... @sadthe1st ~ do you know why lion? 

oops! hahaha i think its cos when the founder set foot on the island, he saw a lion.. but there is definitely no lions roaming around now except for that miserable few lazing in the zoo lolol

“We all know how our Singapore got its name: According to legend, prince Sang Nila Utama was out on a hunting trip on this island when he caught sight of an lion, and so named it “The Lion City” or Singapura, from the Sanskrit words “simha” (lion) and “pura” (city).”

cr.: https://sg.thefinder.life/read/forget-lion-city-how-did-singapore-really-get-its-name/

==
i’m on a bus right now, heading to the neighborhood mall to get some milkshake and souffle pancake for dinner.. i’ll check on the poll when i get home!!

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

Hey everyone!

Mothers Day Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Well, Covid has finally hit our household these days, after 2 years of not. :wacko: I am not a very patient nurse, either. :lol:

How was your RL Eurovision party @partyon? Ours was so fun - we were so happy for the UK, hated that Spain received so many points (that song and those outfits! :spitswater:) and of course we were pleased for the Ukraine, though them receiving so many points and moving up to first place so "early" made the final tally anticlimactic, totally different from last year.

I was sad for Norway and Moldova that they didn't receive more points, but oh well.

No Idea Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

And you're right, @agenth - they ARE tassels! :joy:

th?id=OIF.L%252bliYqEafL0Tp3eveXLLHQ%26p

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

:waves: guys!

Logging in via my tablet. Currently running a feature update on my PC! ❤️

And wow.. :scream: I've got 10 pages to check out overnight, all thanks to Eurovision. :D He he.. Will find some free time to lurk in previous pages!

Hope you guys are doing fine! I am so looking forward for Daniel's upcoming SBS drama to air in July! It's been a really long time since I enjoyed him in a drama. :sweet:

See you again when my PC is back! Have fun... :hwaiting:

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

Since when recaps are so hard to write?

:headbang:

Or maybe I need to relearn how to write them (or actually learn to do it properly in the first place). Oh, well, nothing works better than practice.

(Insert Kermit the Frog holding an umbrella here*)

Sorry in advance for them spread over the forum in undefined future. 

*Didn't want to steal the trade mark gif.

:sweats:

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

Just now, Idylla Kaizoku said:

(Insert a Kermit the Frog holding umbrella here*)

Sorry in advance for them spread over the forum in undefined future. 

*Didn't want to steal the trade mark gif.

Haha, no worries at all! I only started using it this past Tuesday (Eurovision makes you find new GIFs to use :joy:) so it's not a trademark for me at all.

Look up "Kermit Shrug" and it will come up. It has been very useful. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i’m supposed to start on this.. especially interested in the p-less oppa @Ameera Ali lolol

let this be the last time you call my oppa that, chingu! :rage:

I liked the first episode. 2 was boring. Excited about tonight. 

3 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha i think it was meant to be a romcom.. and, the ordinary ugly betty is pretty!!!

not saying that she is very good actress but definitely tall and pretty!

Isn't that always the case? Ugly Betty is not really 'ugly'. You just need to get rid of the glasses. It was the same in True Beauty. She did never look 'ugly' I hate these 'made up ugly' characters. I think My ID did an interesting thing by never showing the 'ugly' face because it is very subjective and doesn't send a positive message either. 

But anyway, coming back to Sh**ting Stars, that FL is pretty and quite attractive in spite of being from the world of  'an ordinary working class'.

+2

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

we have 22 languages recognized by the constitution

When I was learning Hindi (didn't make much progress outside of 'namaste ji', but some info stuck in my head), I've heard that it's not like learning a standard version on an official language that can be used to communicated all over the country. That Hindi is mostly used on north-east, around New Delhi. The rest various between local languages, all of them nice to listen and having beautiful scripts, but hardly understandable for someone knowing Hindi... Is that true? 

:hushed:

13 minutes ago, the_sweetroad said:

Look up "Kermit Shrug" and it will come up. It has been very useful. :lol:

Thanks for the tip.

:approves:

10 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

now @Idylla Kaizoku chingu is undergoing some crash course by @agenth to build up more intense love for JCW!!

You think? But I quite liked him. He was charming as an magician. 

:bashful:

• Like 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

49 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

I am so looking forward for Daniel's upcoming SBS drama to air in July!

Webtoon right? with kim se jeong..

39 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

let this be the last time you call my oppa that, chingu!

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

39 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

I hate these 'made up ugly' characters.

i would have intro you another drama.. the FL is not ugly, more of, extremely plain jane..

but it would be too subjective and also, degrading to point that she is not pretty.. so i better not.. haha

38 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

You think? But I quite liked him. He was charming as an magician.

JCW is good, just that we had been joking a bit cos of the hair style in magician..

IMG_20200619_001242.jpg?fit=595,387

cr.: owner

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2