Add and Subtract Game

Admin

20 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Korean actors/actresses sign contracts that provide companies that much control?  Wow, thats insane.  It also makes the situation (if true) all that much worse.  The woman involved didn't sign the contract, the actor did. So with everything else going on, he tries to pass a potential breach of contract onto the woman!?  You gotta have nads the size of a small moon to pull that off - Geez.

Thats the million dollar question - without condoning it, I see why with idols there may be a larger concern as their potential is in part limited by age and an appeal to certain demographics, but with actors, even those that are former idols, their potential shelf life is that much longer, so even while understanding it now, its still hard to wrap my head around how actors would saddle themselves with such draconian contracts.

Thanks for all the replies guys :)

+2

draconian contracts apparently also happen in c-ent. so every time these c-celebs have some sort of scandal, they also have to pay fines for broken CFs. like you said, I find it also odd that these companies are exerting that much control over these contracts but it is also unclear how much the actors and their agencies make from the CFs (as in what is the breakdown) and how much these CFs really contribute to sales. (are fandoms so silly to buy everything that has their oppa's face on it?)... 

the question on the other side is whether it makes sense for companies to keep using actors and to sell a certain image for their product. this is something the advertising industry has to wrestle more and more with. when you have unknown models in an ad, no one cares about what these people do or what their image is. it is not like the company takes a hit but at the same time, does a company need a well-known face to sell/promote the product? I find it interesting that there are really long running ad campaigns which use no well-known faces and people still love the brand. so it is possible. 

then there are actors who buck the trend by not doing CFs or do CFs that are clearly tied to their interests and personality. so any scandal or messy personal life makes zero impact on their sale potential. instead, they keep making movies/dramas and fans just shrug it off -- as in, "it is their personal life, I don't care as long as they entertain me" type attitude. so actors and agencies perhaps need to start looking at whether an image is worth is and what is their equation with fans....

basically both industries need to start figuring out how to play smarter. 

+2

• Insightful 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

the question on the other side is whether it makes sense for companies to keep using actors and to sell a certain image for their product.

i think it could probably be that korea has more accessible pool of actors and actresses (famous or new) in vast options than the commercial models

and sometimes, the same brands sponsor the current drama as well.. you see them holding their products during the start of each episode..

eg. this always appear before Lovers of the Red Sky.. and the end of it

EzWrooeVIAoPg4l.jpg

cr.: owner

and the same barley tea that JJS advertised for, kept appearing in Hospital Playlist too!

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

according to kdrama line up next month isn’t my month for new relationship   :joy:

Chingu @Ameera Ali according to kdrama astrologers- I would be falling in love with 2 Oppas in the coming month and eventually would take them to my long oppa list 

* Lee Jun Ho

* Ju Ji Hoon

spacer.png

Praying that Eonni @partyon wouldn’t chase me away 

spacer.png

meanwhile there would be bunch of chingus being unamused even if the astrologers say that am gonna sponge up all the actors in kdramaland

@Sleepy Owl @LeftCoastOppa @Thong Thin @joccu @Lmangla @agenth @sadthe1st @gm4queen @Min2206 @confusedheart @twinkle_little_star

spacer.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay - Now, I understand - thanks for the clarification, still a VERY ugly situation all around

At this point, I'm just glad I finished watching the last episode of the drama before reading about this 

+ 2

Will you continue to watch if the news break out before you finished watching ?

@4evrkdrama  glad to see you here again.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

5 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

meanwhile there would be bunch of chingus being unamused even if the astrologers say that am gonna sponge up all the actors in kdramaland

dun worry, i dun really like any specific oppa to actually claim him..

you're free to buffet on the oppa selection!!

Hungry Nom Nom GIF by LAIKA Studios

oh wait, DISCLAIMER!

this is very much applicable to me and me only.. not sure about the rest of the chingus if you were to lay a finger on theirs!

love and hip hop #lhhny GIF by VH1

• LOL 9

15 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i think it could probably be that korea has more accessible pool of actors and actresses (famous or new) in vast options than the commercial models

and sometimes, the same brands sponsor the current drama as well.. you see them holding their products during the start of each episode..

yea, I think it is fine if there is no image tied to the actor and so their personal life has zero bearing on the product. they are just like a commercial model except more famous. then actors live their life and companies do their thing. 

to be honest, I find this 'scandal' amusing in that it is being made such a big deal. basically it is a breakup gone wrong. how many breakups we see with the same stuff in regular people? maybe at one point, they were in love, maybe at one point they wanted to get married and then they breakup. maybe he never wanted to get married and was just pulling her along but again, we hear those kind of stories all the time. whether it is relationship or marriage, there is no guarantee these days. only people it matters to are the couple involved and their circle of loved ones. so why go on some forum to complain about it? why should we care? why should companies care? if we have to have a scandal, can we have something a bit more scandalous? :sweatingbullets:

cat playing GIF 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

6 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Will you continue to watch if the news break out before you finished watching ?

Its just so ugly, if the story is true, he sounds like IRL he is a complete opposite of the character he portrays in the drama - it'd be very hard to separate the two.

+2

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

13 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Chingu @Ameera Ali according to kdrama astrologers- I would be falling in love with 2 Oppas in the coming month and eventually would take them to my long oppa list 

* Ju Ji Hoon

Why wait next month his drama will start 23 October :joy:

no wonder @partyon chase you , you claim them  late :loolz:

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

if there is no image tied to the actor and so their personal life has zero bearing on the product

yes and no to this.. hahaha

imagine this actor advertise for a popular condom then come some news spilled months later that he accidentally impregnates someone out there.. the condom company would have become a joke..

same for those who are Healthy Lifestyle or Ban Smoking campaign ambassadors and then caught smoking..

of cos, if its any other neutral products (skincare, beverages etc) where their personal lives do not create any negative effects on the product endorsements, then sure, no one really cares!

the agencies are probably the ones who need to do the ground checks as well.. if that product offer fits the personal life, or is already a great contradiction yet still force them to take on the job.

a39afc9b1c4cf709018c5b7228ae7891

+2

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 6

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

yes and no to this.. hahaha

imagine this actor advertise for a popular condom then come some news spilled months later that he accidentally impregnates someone out there.. the condom company would have become a joke..

kekkeke.... that would be pretty funny; maybe thats why I have never seen condom ads with known faces. :lol:

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

maybe thats why I have never seen condom ads with known faces.

there's no condom ads in sg!!

everyone buys.. discretely..

the govt probably discourages it as well, since our birthrate has always been way too low..

even alcohol ads are generic, only during christmas season.. cos alcohol consumption is not something to encourage on local tv where contents are supposed to be kids/young teens friendly.. not forgetting, the alcohol and tobacco duties are exorbitant here 

my friends and i will go crazy whenever we travel out of the country

maxresdefault.jpg

• Wiggle 3
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i didn't watch that drama although i know there is something like her emotions village inside her mind.. but why is there, a frog??

The drama is simple to understand yet complicated to explain through words ...

The frog was "love cell" disguised into a cute frog from another village (yumi's current bf) to enter into yumi's village

spacer.png

And fix many things out there....

Its little bit complicated to explain through words but 

Am in love with cells in it 

(And i watch it only for them )

spacer.png

Its hard to stop ourselves from adoring them 

By the way which kdramas are you watching right now ?

Twin @confusedheart

chingus ,

@Sleepy Owl @sadthe1st @agenth @Sky Kang @Ameera Ali @LeftCoastOppa

sis @Lmangla  @Thong Thin @joccu

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Thirsty 1

@4evrkdrama  currently in my list is The Veil and Gentleman and Young Woman which I have catch up todate whereas One Woman am behind.

Waiting for Jirisan to air.:D

What about you chingu.

53 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekkeke.... that would be pretty funny; maybe thats why I have never seen condom ads with known faces. 

I doubt any would want to even if they are being paid a good sum.

:joy:

• LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7