Add and Subtract Game

Admin

4 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Btw anyone has tried eating okra raw as salad? 

If it's okra I raised myself, yes. Otherwise, at least blanch it before eating as salad.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95289eb36a14c2bc9eb5

Good afternoon everyone!

If it isn't too hot outside now, I would be buying roasted chicken from a cafe some kilometres away. Their chicken is cooked so nicely and taste so heavenly with hummus or garlic sauce dips.

Ina-Garten-Roast-Chicken-Recipe.jpg

ctto

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 3
  • Blob 4

51 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Sis @joccu chingu @Sleepy Owl

am happy that Im Siwan is also included in the solid casting line.

@willenette sis

me looking forward to it mainly for Im Siwan, Kim Nam Gil and Park Hae Joon.

I know this is random but Check out this vid of Kwang hee dissing yet praising  Siwan. 

The way he talk is so funny :joy:.

@Thong Thin sis

The movie hasn’t released yet.

And Netflix isn’t its distribution team.

But guess what ?

The movie is already invited to 74th Cannes Film festival.

me too looking forward to it !

@4evrkdrama, the movie will be released next month but no exact date yet until now. Yes, LBH & Siwan will be attending the Cannes, which will be on July 16/17. Looking forward to that, too!  :Megathanks:

+2

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

But due to animal protection rights, most actually use the antelope's or goat's antlers now. 

I certainly remember that when I was small, a relative came in my grandparents' house to ask for a piece of the horn of that hanging head of a deer. They said for their daughter's frequent fever and also for her rashes?

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

12 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

If it's okra I raised myself, yes. Otherwise, at least blanch it before eating as salad.

Good afternoon everyone!

If it isn't too hot outside now, I would be buying roasted chicken from a cafe some kilometres away. Their chicken is cooked so nicely and taste so heavenly with hummus or garlic sauce dips.

+2

I dont quite really like okra unless is cook with sambal belachan or dip in.

OIP.zWiL91nUqWEzTVZH-sZD2gHaEK?w=272&h=1

Oh my !.... that roast chicken looks so finger licking good ...

tenor.gif?itemid=14897587&ehk=s9jMDfUrda

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

7 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Oh my !.... that roast chicken looks so finger licking good ..

They always have long lines of customers when they open in the afternoon, many driving to go there because they make their roasted chicken that good. 

They also make the best chicken shawarma.

Chicken-Shawarma-Recipe-S5.jpg

ctto

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 3
  • Blob 4

:heythere: beautiful people!

It's already my tea time in the evening! Have some snacks here.. :D

27331972_10155887851322349_8237237946191

19 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I certainly remember that when I was small, a relative came in my grandparents' house to ask for a piece of the horn of that hanging head of a deer. They said for their daughter's frequent fever and also for her rashes?

Yes chingu! Those items are still in use of some ancient houses in my region. They say it wards off your evil eye and bad luck! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

@Min2206 Cantonese we call it "Ling Yung Kok". Basically it's from the rhino's horn. It is said to have the most potent in reducing heat especially fevers. Normally it is boiled together with some mini tubers called "Mak Tung" and another herb which I dont know the name but I know how it looks like as they normally tie them like a mini bundle. But due to animal protection rights, most actually use the antelope's or goat's antlers now. Animal parts to me I believe it it ok to use for consumption BUT due to human's greed for exploitation, we have almost driven our animals to extinction to satisfy commercial demands...

Anyway I'm not too sure why people are recommending to drink cooling drinks before or after the jab. Another alternative is coconut water is effective as it has the electrolytes to supplement the body like energy drinks 100plus etc... (but dont eat the flesh otherwise it will become neutral flesh is warm, the juice is cooling. This explanation is based on TCM and I'm not sure about Ayurvedic's point of view)

@Ameera Ali

Ahh, thanks for the explanation @Wuzetian  I guess we need that cooling water after seeing so many abs ... feeling HOT inside  @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st @Thong Thin @4evrkdrama @Sleepy Owl @gm4queen @LeftCoastOppa @MayanEcho @confusedheart326 @agenth

Thanks for the pic of cooling water bottle samples @Thong Thin

@sadthe1st  argghhh, your food pics again !!!! 
Including @MayanEcho 's chicken shawarma !
Salivating GIFs | Tenor me now drooling, over food, not abs

Me having this, just fried a version of crabmeat -corn omelette

Covid-19 stay-home recipe: Crab meat and vermicelli omelette , Food News &  Top Stories - The Straits Times

Was longing for this
Crispy Crabstick Snack (酥脆蟹肉小吃) | GUAI SHU SHU

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

55 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@4evrkdrama Chingu, it wasn't pre-produced, they were done with filming of some episodes, but not all of them. 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1199861wpp/mr-sunshine-changing-certain-details-yoo-yeon-seoks-character-controversy

The cinematography and direction in this drama was too good in my opinion. I loved the storytelling of it too. For me, I am not really a fan of Kim Eun Sook especially after what she did in TKEM, but this is her best work in my opinion, at least among the ones I have watched. 

+2

Glad that they changed it fast.

Talking about historical aspect in korea - with whom did the King Gojong finally took alliance with ?

was it with Russia or America ?

(sorry I have no knowledge in this aspect).

And about KES

Her first drama for me was Heirs - yeaah I was teen then and I liked it (then) only bcz of LMH was the actor  (but not more than BOF). The drama was too overrated in my eyes and I often fight with my frnds even now :joy:.

Then DOTS -

when adolescence has reached its peak and I really liked it then

But if the today’s me was watching it - I would say it’s too cliche.but still the drama do did had some beautiful lessons to hold on.

Then GOBLIN -

As you know my all time fav. Though today’s me will criticize the drama for some reasons but still will hold onto it as the drama had it’s own meaningful approaches.

Mr sunshine - skipped then

TKEM - I was overly excited for this (I was not excited for any of her previous drama releases. I simply watched it) with the cast and writer (as I liked her previous works).

The drama was a disappointment. Sometimes I wonder and I still wonder if it’s the same writer who wrote DOTS,GOBLIN and Mr sunshine (yeah am still wondering while watching it).

The drama was watchable but not to her usual standards of dramas.

If I start to say the negativities of the drama - it would hurt someone’s feelings so I will just hold on to its goodness and keep my mouth shut like I did before.

Or should I just PM you and let out my disappointment :loolz:.

But I gotta say the drama had some beautiful meaningful quotes which I loved alot. 

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

18 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yes chingu! Those items are still in use of some ancient houses in my region. They say it wards off your evil eye and bad luck!

Those relatives live 5 hours away but they came over for that on a weekday as I remember, coz their kid was sick on and off. They were willing to try anything at that point. 

Thanks for the tea and snacks!

20 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Me having this, just fried a version of crabmeat -corn omelette

I love crab meat! 

19 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

I googled Shawarna...:D  is kinda chicken wrap.

It is, with thin Arabic bread or pita. :) 

17 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

After seeing roasted chicken, I donno why but I suddenly wish to eat the grilled one - Shawaya 

I miss eating arabian foods.

Aww, I'd send some for you now if only you're near. :heart: 

Now also craving chicken tikka with biriyani rice. 

IMG_9431_.jpg

ctto

• Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1

8 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

TKEM - I was overly excited for this (I was not excited for any of her previous drama releases. I simply watched it) with the cast and writer (as I liked her previous works).

The drama was a disappointment. Sometimes I wonder and I still wonder if it’s the same writer who wrote DOTS,GOBLIN and Mr sunshine (yeah am still wondering while watching it).

I also watched The King : Eternal Monarch because I love sci-fi genre. Lee Min Ho was really good as the king. But the plot wasn't strong to keep my interest in! I think the writers have to practice hard before they write a sci-fi genre drama, specially time traveling!?? :partyblob: These plots seem too confusing!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

I also watched The King : Eternal Monarch because I love sci-fi genre. Lee Min Ho was really good as the king. But the plot wasn't strong to keep my interest in! I think the writers have to practice hard before they write a sci-fi genre drama, specially time traveling!?? :partyblob: These plots seem too confusing!

Basically I hold onto to it till the last - only for LMH.

The story writing was a ..........

(censored in order not to hurt anyone’s feeling)

But I love the quotes in the drama though !

I even wrote a long post in the thread just for the quotes !

:kiss_wink:

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

tenor-2.gif

@Ameera Ali @partyon @Lmangla

@joccu

@larus

@Sleepy Owl @MayanEcho 

@Min2206

@sadthe1st @4evrkdrama @Wuzetian

@agenth

@gm4queen 

@Calli @confusedheart326 @LeftCoastOppa 

@mirmz @elan1 hai everyone. :D

complete totals in a similar method to an add or subtract. :D

james-mcavoy-shirtless-6.gif

giphy.gif

Spoiler

5.gif

drizzling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

37 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Glad that they changed it fast.

Talking about historical aspect in korea - with whom did the King Gojong finally took alliance with ?

was it with Russia or America ?

(sorry I have no knowledge in this aspect).

And about KES

Her first drama for me was Heirs - yeaah I was teen then and I liked it (then) only bcz of LMH was the actor  (but not more than BOF). The drama was too overrated in my eyes and I often fight with my frnds even now :joy:.

Then DOTS -

when adolescence has reached its peak and I really liked it then

But if the today’s me was watching it - I would say it’s too cliche.but still the drama do did had some beautiful lessons to hold on.

Then GOBLIN -

As you know my all time fav. Though today’s me will criticize the drama for some reasons but still will hold onto it as the drama had it’s own meaningful approaches.

Mr sunshine - skipped then

The drama was watchable but not to her usual standards of dramas.

If I start to say the negativities of the drama - it would hurt someone’s feelings so I will just hold on to its goodness and keep my mouth shut like I did before.

Or should I just PM you and let out my disappointment .

But I gotta say the drama had some beautiful meaningful quotes which I loved alot. 

Gojong had long gone with Russia, and when Russia lost in the war with Japan, Joseon ended up being under Japan's control.

Talking about KES dramas, I liked DOTS back when I watched it, didn't really watched it again so can't say how I feel about it now. But I do agree there is a chance that I might end up not liking it as much as I did before if I were to watch it again. Goblin was just fine for me honestly. I don't know why I watched it, or how I ended up watching it till the end :joy: It was enjoyable at times, but I didn't really like it that much. 

Mr. Sunshine as I said, for me was her best work. But talking about TKEM, it was a disaster in my honest opinion. There are so many things I hated about it, and just watched it till the end to see if they will end it properly, and they failed in that one too. Wasted hours of my life over nothing :isannoyed:

I wouldn't mind you PMing me on it to let out your frustrations, I would do the same :loolz:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2