Add and Subtract Game

Admin

11 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Thong Thin, Rice has several nutrients and minerals, but despite all the good things it has a high glycemic index, which can actually lead to diabetes. That's why, for health-buff, eating plant-based proteins such as nuts, beans and lentils can help. That's why, most of them eat brown rice only. It's not good to eat rice everyday, though. Bread is probably the better choice. 

when I was young, my grandmother told me this story -- she had this colleague who was petrified of becoming diabetic because diabetes ran in her family. so from young, she didn't have any sweets, wouldn't take any sugar in her coffee etc -- she got diabetes anyway. she then complained that if she was going to get it, she might as well eaten all the sweets when she could have. moral of the story according to my grandmother -- eat what you want when you can and enjoy it to the max. once you get old, you wont' be able to anyway. :D 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

when I was young, my grandmother told me this story -- she had this colleague who was petrified of becoming diabetic because diabetes ran in her family. so from young, she didn't have any sweets, wouldn't take any sugar in her coffee etc -- she got diabetes anyway. she then complained that if she was going to get it, she might as well eaten all the sweets when she could have. moral of the story according to my grandmother -- eat what you want when you can and enjoy it to the max. once you get old, you wont' be able to anyway. 

In fact is very true and I believe that we are born to eat and live.  Eat when you can, off course on a moderate scale and enjoy life to the fullest, you dont know what's going happen the next day.

As you get old, your metabolism rate is slow and there's where you would not be able to enjoy those

foods again.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

moral of the story according to my grandmother -- eat what you want when you can and enjoy it to the max. once you get old, you wont' be able to anyway.

i agree with your grandma! hahaha but i won't say enjoy it to the max.. eat everything in moderation is the best.. too much of a certain thing might topple the health balance scale.. as much as i want to enjoy my food, i dun want to be stuck to life time medication too!

Happy Studio Ghibli GIF by Spirited Away

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hahaha seems like song kang is heading towards the M18 category ML league!

He could come volunteer on care home , their some perv granny next door drama :mrgreen:

QGKkTSA.gif

+2

• Shocked 3
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

In fact is very true and I believe that we are born to eat and live.  Eat when you can, off course on a moderate scale and enjoy life to the fullest, you dont know what's going happen the next day.

As you get old, your metabolism rate is slow and there's where you would not be able to enjoy those

foods again.

absolutely! I always thought that was great advice/wisdom from my grandmother. I come from a foodie family and so it is difficult for me to understand this health kind of craze where people cut everything tasty out. I really don't' get that. shrug. what exactly are you are living for then? we are born to eat and live and share a meal with others. that is the beauty of life. ofcourse, there is need for moderation and eating right but going overboard by cutting everything when there is no reason for it just seems sad. or maybe we are just foodies. :) 

14 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i agree with your grandma! hahaha but i won't say enjoy it to the max.. eat everything in moderation is the best.. too much of a certain thing might topple the health balance scale.. as much as i want to enjoy my food, i dun want to be stuck to life time medication too!

true! moderation in everything really. so me translating badly! sorry! -- enjoying to the max, she meant taking absolute delight in the meal and that moment of having a meal with others. like don't eat for eating sake where you are not enjoying the meal. I don't know if that translates well to english. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

13 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

He could come volunteer on care home , their some perv granny next door drama

gross vomit GIF

i think that's probably the most barf-able drama to-date.. even without watching it, the stepmom-stepson snippets you provided are nauseous enough

toilet deep dive GIF

lol

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

she meant take absolute delight in the meal and that moment of having a meal with others.

i'm always eating in absolute delight especially.. my kewpie mayo

and of cos, @Ameera Ali's nutella too

Food Drink Nutella GIF

i bought a slice of lychee martini cake, and black forest cake earlier during lunch.. and i forgot to eat them for teabreak!!! guess one of them is going to be my dinner!!

and it's literally the same as the pic below cos i bought it from the cake shop where the pic came from!

Spoiler

Pine-Garden-Cake-Shop-Lychee-Martini-Cak

cr.: owner

+2

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

200.gif

4evrkdrama @Ameera Ali  @Calli @confusedheart326 @gm4queen @joccu @larus@LeftCoastOppa @Lmangla @MayanEcho @Min2206  @partyon  @sadthe1st  @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin @twinkle_little_star

Hello everyone! It has been a hectic weekend and Monday! How's everyone doing? I made apple tong sui/sweet soup dessert but forgot the apple...So funny of me...No wonder I was staring at the ingredients but felt something missing not until it was done...Lol...

Face Palm GIF

@MayanEcho I've helped mum fried the cauliflower rice. But IMHO, I still prefer rice. Simple and no need to spend time blending them...

@sadthe1st Yay! I love mint choc ice cream too! Btw I dreamt of you this morning!

The coming days I'll be much more engaged in my work...Will try to drop by when I can...Keep feeding me yummy food here and I'll be back...

@Ameera Ali Your story board will be my life saver too! 

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i think that's probably the most barf-able drama to-date.. even without watching it, the stepmom-stepson snippets you provided are nauseous enough

hey friend I think , you don’t need to badmouthing this crazy woman she isn’t right in head , you may get spanked too 

gqqgj8R.gif

6YD7WtR.gif

**Love Nutella, what keep me energetic lol 

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Am currently head over heels to their chemistry !

spacer.png

The couple’s chem onscreen and offscreen are no joke !

Am barely controlling myself not to ship them ! 

Last time I had this issue with 

Nana and Park Sung Hoon !

spacer.png

But I controlled myself 

:coolshades:

Hope my love towards JKY x LHR pair “too shall pass” after the drama ends (as I stay no loyal).

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Just made some fish cutlets this afternoon. Sharing some with my lovely friends here.... :heart:

I would love to try too! Chingu, I thought of you when I read this article...Point number 3 for pains and cramps, "Mix a pinch of asafoetida, fenugreek powder and a pinch of salt in a cup of buttermilk." What's buttermilk btw? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/10-amazing-health-benefits-of-asafoetida-we-should-all-know-about-1825666%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off 

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

13 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I made apple tong sui/sweet soup dessert but forgot the apple...So funny of me...No wonder I was staring at the ingredients but felt something missing not until it was done...Lol...

HAHAHAHAHA I REALLY LIKE YOU CHINGU!!!

best friends love GIF by Sarah's Scribbles

13 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

The coming days I'll be much more engaged in my work...Will try to drop by when I can...Keep feeding me yummy food here and I'll be back...

it's not a difficult task!!

1098501.jpg

cr.: owner

@Ameera Ali dun let that notorious stepmom's hand come near me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

axe GIF

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

7 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

What's buttermilk btw? 

2 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

mmmmmm it’s a liquid version of Yogurt.

Ha ha.. Buttermilk is said to be a fermented dairy drink, chingus! But I've heard that we can manually make buttermilk when we combine plain milk with either vinegar or lime juice! :)

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

Though I can somehow imagine cauliflowers as rice substitute for "fried rice",  I don't think it can ever be just as good for congees.

Instant-Pot-Chicken-Congee-4.jpg?fit=650

ctto 

Besides, I like munching my cauliflowers looking like cauliflowers,  hehehe!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

5 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

The walking encyclopaedia sis @Lmangla can explain more better

:joy: ah, thanks. ahahhaha

@Wuzetian ~ like @4evrkdrama said, buttermilk is diluted curd/yoghurt in the Indian context. that is easy to make -- basically mix water with curd along with a couple of spices, add some mint/coriander leaves and voila, nice cooling drink for  the summer. 

however, google definition refers to the whey water -- you know when you separate butter from milk or the cheese from milk, there is a liquid that is left behind. that is sometimes also called buttermilk. very confusing. sometimes english language is very limited. 

+2

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

@Ameera Ali @partyon @Lmangla

@joccu @larus @Sleepy Owl

@MayanEcho @Min2206

@Thong Thin @sadthe1st @agenth

@4evrkdrama @Wuzetian

@gm4queen @Ernie

@Calli

@confusedheart326

@LeftCoastOppa

@mirmz

@elan1 

hai everyone. :D arrange total on left after adding or subtracting. :D

giphy-1.gif

giphy-2.gif

GxIr.gif

Spoiler

tumblr-45942d7abbf0674a479138c453a33077-

rain thunder, wet.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

Hi everyone! @Wuzetian @Ameera Ali @joccu @MayanEcho @sadthe1st @Thong Thin  @twinkle_little_star

@Ameera Ali I think last night was the first time on this forum that I had given so many :scream: reactions to posts. :D Every gif you posted left me :scream:. In fact, that minx put me off completely and I did not watch the episode at all. Usually I watch it on the same day. I am planning to watch today. Thanks for the fair warning. Also, wow @ Nevertheless gif. That's the boldest I have seen in K-dramas. Am I the only one who feels that the drama is trying very hard to be like the western  ones? :blink:

@sadthe1st We need Song Kang on Men's Health (Korea) I like him as a model. Just that he shouldn't try to act, and not deliver dialogues, please. :phew: The FL is from Because This is My First Life. Is that cauliflower 'rice' with quinoa? :ph34r:

@Thong Thin It's her wild dream. The synopsis on NF says so. 

@4evrkdrama is that collage from the Gumiho drama?

@MayanEcho I am with you. I love banana splits. :wub:

@willenette I am a bread fanatic too. :D I lovvveeeee bread. Not much into rice.

@gm4queen Oh those fish cutlets look sooo good. Nom nom nom... :wub:

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2