Add and Subtract Game

Admin

E3wzGuvVgAMTZNk?format=jpg&name=large

OK back to the ultimate oppa: 

even Mothers know about JCW's film schedule :D 

(Kim Jong Kook's mother saying Jo Woo Jin is appearing together with Ji Chang Wook)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

19 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I had time so made Crunchy Sweet Luqaimat to enjoy  With green tea  :D 

Now I need to go clean the mess I made :sweatingbullets:

I have to google what luqaimat is ...   It is a deep-fried crunchy sweet dumpling.  Interesting!  Thank you.

Here goes @agenth

See ya later

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

2 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Min2206 @gm4queen I prefer eating idiappam with coconut milk and sugar. That is the best way to eat idiappam if you ask me. LOL. 

Ohh, coconut milk.    Here, with sugar and fresh grated coconut. 
ARgggghhhh .... I want to go buy them tomorrow , have to do it early in the morning.  They don't make a lot here or maybe, it is so good, they finish fast!

Easy Putu Mayam / Putu Mayang (Idiyappam)

• Love 4
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 2

32 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Didn't know that they were called string hoppers in English.   
@gm4queen Is the pic you posted with the sauce - Is that thenkai sambal?

Yeah chingu! It's thenkai sambal with string hoppers. I mostly like white string hoppers. I think I had red ones someday but I didn't like taste of red string hoppers after all. It's made with red rice flour!!! :partyblob: I prefer white rice flour always! :D

+2

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@Ameera Ali @Sleepy Owl England looks really good. 

About ericksen.  I don't know if it would be even wise to continue his career as footballer even if the doctor would ok him.  He was in  peak of his career and it would sad to lose such amazing footballer but health comes first. 

There been lot of footballers who have had a heart attack

Some where not so lucky than ericksen.  The youngest I remember was only 16. 

The media coverage has just not been in this scale. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

49 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Min2206 @gm4queen I prefer eating idiappam with coconut milk and sugar. That is the best way to eat idiappam if you ask me. LOL. 

Interesting we only have grated coconut like what @Min2206 @Thong Thin said and we grew up eating like that...But wouldnt it get soggy in the coconut milk after a while? Do you all use brown sugar or any specific type of sugar? 

Btw why so many RM going around? Ringgit Malaysia? 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

32 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Yeah chingu! It's thenkai sambal with string hoppers. I mostly like white string hoppers. I think I had red ones someday but I didn't like taste of red string hoppers after all. It's made with red rice flour!!! :partyblob: I prefer white rice flour always! :D

+2

What's inside thenkai sambal?

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

16 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

What's inside thenkai sambal?

We Sri Lankans usually combine fresh shredded coconut, Asian shallots, chili flakes, salt, lime juice and maldive fish to make sambal. I think you can skip maldive fish if necessary.

First add chili flakes and salt to the mortar and pestle. The add small maldive fish pieces to make it easy to crush. Then add peeled Asian shallots and pestle them until well crushed. Lastly add shredded coconut to the mortar and pestle and pound again to mix. Then you can add lime juice to your taste. :)

20200712_112107_compress37-768x1024.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 3
  • Blob 2

ooohh i love these, but i hate it when i accidentally bite into the peppercorns.. so i'll try to pick them out as much as possible lol

Medhu-Vadai-1.jpg

cr.: owner

i also love idli..

87ea2e127a2e58e7c08e4a13d857879f.jpg?fit

and uttapams!

Uthappam-1024x768.jpg

it's usually served with 3 sauce dips.. mint, coconut.. and the orangey red one which i can't take cos it's spicy

• Love 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

We Sri Lankans usually combine fresh shredded coconut, Asian shallots, chili flakes, salt, lime juice and maldive fish to make sambal. I think you can skip maldive fish if necessary.

First add chili flakes and salt to the mortar and pestle. The add small maldive fish pieces to make it easy to crush. Then add peeled Asian shallots and pestle them until well crushed. Lastly add shredded coconut to the mortar and pestle and pound again to mix. Then you can add lime juice to your taste. :)

Omg this recipe sounds so delish! I dont have pestle and mortar will probably use blended only...Haha...How do you cook the fish? Steam / fried?

+2

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

giphy-3.gif

@partyon @Lmangla ,

@Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali @larus

@joccu @agenth @4evrkdrama

@mirmz @elan1

@gm4queen @Min2206 @sadthe1st 

@Wuzetian @LeftCoastOppa @Calli @confusedheart326 , sum totals from different formulas either add or subtract. :D

okay (chingus) :D

hai mr. @Sleepy Owl sweet smile. :D

@Ameera Ali soft wink eye. :D

Spoiler

Only-Athletic-Gaur-size-restricted.gif

@Ameera Ali sending you (chingu) a massive hug. :D

giphy.gif

tumblr-lxjymh-Rh691r5l7t4o1-500.gif

Spoiler

Fqne.gif

dry after rain. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 8

28 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Interesting we only have grated coconut like what @Min2206 @Thong Thin said and we grew up eating like that...But wouldnt it get soggy in the coconut milk after a while? Do you all use brown sugar or any specific type of sugar? 

Btw why so many RM going around? Ringgit Malaysia? 

+2

Yeah grated coconut with normal milk and sugar will also do. Actually making coconut milk is very hard  so we just go for milk and grated coconut. We use normal sugar, but I guess diet conscious people might choose brown sugar,  I havent seen any of them using brown sugar in my friends and family circle. LOLOL. It will not get soggy if we eat it immediately. Hahahaha. This is not a dish suitable for lunch boxes and stuff. Lol. People who have sweet tooth will follow the above method, but people who wants savory will eat with Korma or paya.

One more way to eat it is just breaking the idiappam into pieces and then saute it in little bit of sesame oil with mustard, urad dhal, curry leaves, and red chilli. Usually this is done with leftover idiappam. Hahaha.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 2
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Yeah grated coconut with normal milk and sugar will also do. Actually making coconut milk is very hard  so we just go for milk and grated coconut. We use normal sugar, but I guess diet conscious people might choose brown sugar,  I havent seen any of them using brown sugar in my friends and family circle. LOLOL. It will not get soggy if we eat it immediately. Hahahaha. This is not a dish suitable for lunch boxes and stuff. Lol. People who have sweet tooth will follow the above method, but people who wants savory will eat with Korma or paya.

One more way to eat it is just breaking the idiappam into pieces and then saute it in little bit of sesame oil with mustard, urad dhal, curry leaves, and red chilli. Usually this is done with leftover idiappam. Hahaha.  

Ooo...I like the latter recipe! Only challenge is to get curry leaves as not easily available here...May not get very fresh ones from supermarket. And no neighbors planting this so...Used to ask my other friends in nearby neighborhood area but with this restriction going around, best dont visit anyone. Plus I've not seen anyone selling putu mayam in my area at all...Can only wait to eat in my dreams...

+2

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

37 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Omg this recipe sounds so delish! I dont have pestle and mortar will probably use blended only...Haha...How do you cook the fish? Steam / fried?

Chingu, we don't cook or steam or fry to have maldive fish in the first place. It's available in super markets as a package. It's a complicated process for fish to turn in to maldive fish.

The process follows as fish is being gutted, skinned and cut following a traditional pattern. The gills and some of the innards are thrown away. The head and backbone are removed, and the belly piece is separated. Then the fish is divided into four longitudinal pieces and these pieces are processed by means of boiling, smoking and sun-drying until they acquire a wood-like appearance. Being dried in this manner, the fish can be kept indefinitely without refrigeration.

8-24.jpg

So as I said before, you can skip maldive fish in sambal if it's not available in your area. It's not really required. The rest will give you a perfect taste together, chingu!!!! :)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4