Add and Subtract Game

Admin

31 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Are you watching Dark Hole ?

yup.. it kind of reminds me of Sweet Home.. but i wonder who could have been the host of the..

Spoiler

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

"testicle monster"

29 minutes ago, agenth said:

For me Law School started slowing down last 3-4 episodes... which is kinda sad since the finale is coming up soon. Still, overall it was a good ride.

Spoiler

the suspicion that covers more than half the drama with Prof Yang as the suspect got a little draggy.. i'm glad the pace finally gets much back on track to the perpetuator and the accomplice.. and of cos, Kang Dan is back! that's a great difference in image personality from Kang Sol hahaha

29 minutes ago, agenth said:

Once again, I'm waving the Lovestruck in the City flag, perfect summer show

i watched the first few episodes and dropped it.. unfortunately.

25 minutes ago, Calli said:

I tried to watch Tempted

i finally realized what Tempted was.. its other name is The Great Seducer right? i dun quite like the FL, but i thought MGY was not bad in there. i completed that drama lol.

i haven't started Undercover, although i had planned to chase it by the new episodes.

There is new movie called Midnight..

100_2275.jpg

cr.: owner

@kokodus lucky you!! hahaha

now i need coffee!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, sadthe1st said:

i watched the first few episodes and dropped it.. unfortunately.

i finally realized what Tempted was.. its other name is The Great Seducer right? i dun quite like the FL, but i thought MGY was not bad in there. i completed that drama lol.

+2

YES IT'S REALLY UNFORTUNATE :D 

It really, really is perfect summer series haha and I always am going to ask people to complete it.

:please:

Yeah Tempted = The Great Seducer. I dropped it because I couldn't stand FL (both character and Joy's acting) tbh. How was the drama? Woo Do Hwan was also in it, and that seems to have sprung his role into The King ?`

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

2 minutes ago, agenth said:

YES IT'S REALLY UNFORTUNATE :D 

It really, really is perfect summer series haha and I always am going to ask people to complete it.

Chingu, have you thought of running for office? Your campaign for getting people to watch your oppa's drama is intense :loolz:

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

36 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

That candy reminds me during my school days, uncle will come on a tricycle after school.

I miss the simple joy of going to amusement places for cotton candies. Also, buying this.

year-market-fair-folk-festival-balloons.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

9 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingu, have you thought of running for office? Your campaign for getting people to watch your oppa's drama is intense 

I'm very convinced about the absolute flawed PERFECTION that is Lovestruck in the City, from acting to chemistry to cinematography and music. The script isn't 10/10 but it sure is worth watching, especially for the character interactions and witty dialogue.  

I recommended this drama to people who were not as familiar with kdramas and they all loved it so much that it was their new favourite. 

I feel like people gave up pretty quickly. Whereas most people would watch 4-5 episodes of a traditional 1hr length drama, here people would give up quickly after 1-2 episodes of 30minutes. I know it takes some getting used to this different format and all, and also I've heard from people who returned to series after having dropped and were amazed, especially people who could watch several episodes a day instead of waiting every Tues and Friday. 

This is why I am sure that more people would like it if they tried again :D 

I wouldn't recommend something just because it's a drama starring Ji Changwook, tbh LITC is just one of my new favourite series so I got to promote it, especially since it wasn't promoted by the production themselves. 

Beyond Evil is also my favourite of 2021 and it didn't have much attention while it aired, but since they received all the Baeksang, i'm sure they are doing alright, whereas LITC is just on Netflix :D 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

2 minutes ago, agenth said:

Beyond Evil is also my favourite of 2021 and it didn't have much attention while it aired, but since they received all the Baeksang, i'm sure they are doing alright, whereas LITC is just on Netflix :D

I dropped Beyond Evil after ep 2.

But I told dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl when I dropped it who I thought were the killers and turns out I was right. :joy:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I are planning on becoming psychological thriller drama writers after we finish our next makjang drama project. :loolz:

OMO! Dongsaeng, we should totally make HP season 3 into a psychological thriller.

:evilelmo:

• LOL 8
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, partyon said:

I dropped Beyond Evil after ep 2.

But I told dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl when I dropped it who I thought were the killers and turns out I was right. :joy:

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I are planning on becoming psychological thriller drama writers after we finish our next makjang drama project. 

Did you drop it because you found out? :D 

I don't know what to say hahahaha. 

:wut::wut::wut:

I'm not the sharpest pencil regarding thriller and mystery, so I'm not surprised it escaped me, though most people in the thread had no idea, as far as I remember.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

11 minutes ago, agenth said:

How was the drama? Woo Do Hwan was also in it, and that seems to have sprung his role into The King ?`

was that Joy's first drama? i dun remember seeing her anywhere else, if she was a first timer.. i think she was ok. i was never a fan of WDH.. sorry! i dunno about abs, but i'm not a fan of -__- 

as for Lovestruck in the City.. i dun like how it started off with interviewing 3 pairs of people.. her pov.. his pov.. etc.

54f92a2cbcc02_-_tiramisu-percent20latte.

i'm sipping tiramisu latte now..

+2

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

5 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

was that Joy's first drama? i dun remember seeing her anywhere else, if she was a first timer.. i think she was ok. i was never a fan of WDH.. sorry! i dunno about abs, but i'm not a fan of -__- 

as for Lovestruck in the City.. i dun like how it started off with interviewing 3 pairs of people.. her pov.. his pov.. etc.

+2

I don't know. The story just didn't draw me in. 

Aw no worries. I'm not a WDH fan, nor anti. Just figured to mention him as he is a new crowd pleaser!

:D Yeah okay but that interview aspect calms down after 2-3 episodes. At first it is overwhelming as they introduce this new format, but when the story takes over, it is just used as a way for the people to talk to each other and is more for introduction of the new episode theme than a main part. 

Did you make the tiramisu latte yourself? 

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

12 minutes ago, agenth said:

Did you drop it because you found out? :D 

I don't know what to say hahahaha

I'm not the sharpest pencil regarding thriller and mystery, so I'm not surprised it escaped me, though most people in the thread had no idea, as far as I remember

Well you see @agenth I have a fondness for psychological thrillers and I've been watching them since I was a kid. I discovered Alfred Hitchcock already in middle school, and the genre quickly became my favorite.

So every time we get Korean psychological thrillers, I will be the first to watch them. :glasses:

My favorites are Children of Nobody, Tunnel and Nobody Knows. Signal was also great!

You kind of get used to them as you watch them, and you learn how to pick up signs and think one step ahead. That doesn't mean that I am always right. Like with Mine and my theory on who dies in the end could be totally wrong.  It will really depend on the writer here - she's never written a thriller before, so it could be that she takes the "obvious" and "easy" way out. haha

With Beyond Evil, yeah. I knew who killed the girl in ep 2 before the episode even ended. There were clues in there. Dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl dismissed my theory, but turns out I was right. lol

I just interviewed him and asked him who killed the twin sister, and turns out I had predicted that one correctly too. :joy: Only shady person I missed out on was the police chief (dad of the younger police officer). I didn't figure out yet in ep 2 how connected he was with the case.

Just watch more psychological thrillers, and you'll soon get the hang of how the writers are thinking. :kiss_wink:

EDIT: I dropped Beyond Evil because I felt the story was a bit predictable and boring.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

23 minutes ago, agenth said:

I dropped it because I couldn't stand FL (both character and Joy's acting) tbh.

Yup, yup, yup... this. I was so annoyed at the time cause I was still a bit of a k-drama newbie (barely one year old) and hadn't seen any idols yet that could act (that was before I met Junho) and the thought that actual actors were not cast and instead someone who couldn't was, just because they were a popular idol, was totally beyond me^^ I've shed some of my naive ways since then... though not all :lol:

@sadthe1stis it your mission on this thread to have us permanently craving sweets cause if it is it's working :hahah!:

+2 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, Calli said:

@sadthe1stis it your mission on this thread to have us permanently craving sweets cause if it is it's working

@sadthe1st has a new food every week that she keeps bombarding the thread with. Last two weeks it was Kewpie mayo, now it's sugar. :D

PS. I :heart: Junho as an actor a lot! So does my dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl :dorakiss:

7b15f95d9d5f18294de311b79de9e4eb526bf959

cr to owner

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

Aw no worries. I'm not a WDH fan, nor anti. Just figured to mention him as he is a new crowd pleaser!

i'm superficial... i like cute handsome oppas.. even better, with abs..

:4267_LiccGif:

that's why i dun mind watching cardboard oppas such as Cha Eun Woo on IG where they pose for international brands.. but not that much in dramas hahahaha

13 minutes ago, agenth said:

Did you make the tiramisu latte yourself? 

haha that was a picture i took off the web..

i'm sipping the tiramisu latte off Maxim Kanu

EJEGXeSUUAA07qA.jpg:large

hi @joccu

butter_cookies_main.jpg

is it your mission on this thread to have us permanently craving sweets cause if it is it's working

@Calli i guess food is my only source of comfort these days.. other than games.. kdrama.. not much.. or else, i'll stareblank in the dark.. hahahaha

has a new food every week that she keeps bombarding the thread with. Last two weeks it was Kewpie mayo, now it's sugar.

@partyon i always forget THAT loaf of bread.. that's why my kewpie mayo and nutella manage to escape the empty bottle fate..

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

Well you see @agenth I have a fondness for psychological thrillers and I've been watching them since I was a kid. I discovered Alfred Hitchcock already in middle school, and the genre quickly became my favorite.

So every time we get Korean psychological thrillers, I will be the first to watch them. :glasses:

My favorites are Children of Nobody, Tunnel and Nobody Knows. Signal was also great!

EDIT: I dropped Beyond Evil because I felt the story was a bit predictable and boring.

Ok I admit I dropped Nobody Knows and Signal. The former, I have no idea why (don't remember), the latter because of Lee Je Hoon. Funnily I watched two LJH dramas in the last month (Taxi Driver and Move To Heaven), and I hear Signal is getting a new season, and I do admire Kim Hye Soo, so probably going to pick up Signal again.

Ahhh but I loved the tense chemistry between Shin Ha Kyun and Yeo Jin Goo!!! But yeah I can see that the appeal is lost once you got the hang of it :D since this drama banks on the mystery. I wouldn't exactly rewatch Beyond Evil in the near future now because of that.

I enjoyed Tunnel (thanks again for the rewatching party) because it had light elements mixed with dark and also because I loved the Trio !!! AND IT GOT A HAPPY ENDING!

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, agenth said:

Ok I admit I dropped Nobody Knows and Signal. The former, I have no idea why (don't remember), the latter because of Lee Je Hoon. Funnily I watched two LJH dramas in the last month (Taxi Driver and Move To Heaven), and I hear Signal is getting a new season, and I do admire Kim Hye Soo, so probably going to pick up Signal again.

I enjoyed Tunnel (thanks again for the rewatching party) because it had light elements mixed with dark and also because I loved the Trio !!! AND IT GOT A HAPPY ENDING!

What?!??!!

Excuse Me What GIF

Nobody Knows and Signal were masterpieces! Nobody Knows had a complex thriller back story - one that I really enjoyed. Children of Nobody was very enjoyable too because it was also more complex and harder to figure out. Both were also great because they had strong FLs who just owned it!

The Children of Nobody writer is the same person who wrote Que Sera Sera - one of my favorite older k-dramas. Both dramas are dark on so many levels. I have really been waiting for the writer to come back with a new drama - but nothing so far. They are even planning a remake of Que Sera Sera. Yay!

I hope that the writer of Nobody Knows comes back with another crime drama as well. :partyblob:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

15 minutes ago, partyon said:

PS. I :heart: Junho as an actor a lot! So does my dongsaeng @Sleepy Owl :dorakiss:

ooooh, that makes me so happy^^ I love Junho! I'm really excited for his upcoming drama.

And he has such an inspirational story too... he went from being the most unknown guy in 2PM ("Junho who?") to one of the most - if not the most - popular member. I really appreciate his hunger... he wanted to act early on but unlike some of his other members never got the chance. Until he had to get surgery for a shoulder injury he had left untreated for 2 whole years in 2012 and got the chance to audition for Cold Eyes (4 days post surgery).... and the rest is history^^

He's really talented. When I first saw him in Just Between Lovers I just assumed he was an actor. Never crossed my mind he could be an idol until I googled him... and he did away with my prejudice that "idols can't act". Some certainly can.

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

What?!??!!

Nobody Knows and Signal were masterpieces! Nobody Knows had a complex thriller back story - one that I really enjoyed. Children of Nobody was very enjoyable too because it was also more complex and harder to figure out. Both were also great because they had strong FLs who just owned it!

The Children of Nobody writer is the same person who wrote Que Sera Sera - one of my favorite older k-dramas. Both dramas are dark on so many levels. I have really been waiting for the writer to come back with a new drama - but nothing so far. They are even planning a remake of Que Sera Sera. Yay!

I hope that the writer of Nobody Knows comes back with another crime drama as well. :partyblob:

Well to explain it, back then my attention span was short? So I started it because of Kim Seo Hyung but my mind wasn't ready to handle complex? I was at a workplace where I had not much time to myself and then would get sleepy so I needed a quick fix rather than complicated if you get that haha. 

In Signal I just didn't like LJH screaming LMAO. I know it's a shallow reason, and 99% of people say Signal is a masterpiece, so .... I don't want to miss out :D 

I haven't seen either of Que Sera Sera or Children of Nobody, but the latter I saw our favourite Master appearing there? (N) 

Lee Junho is great in Good Manager and a friend recommended to me Rain or Shine (Just Between Lovers) with him, I'm stuck at Episode 9/10 right now. Usually I dislike Won Jin Ah but this role is fitting for her, so it's just lack of attention once again that stalls my progress. 

@joccuok im putting all three on my watch list :D 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

9 minutes ago, Calli said:

He's really talented. When I first saw him in Just Between Lovers I just assumed he was an actor. Never crossed my mind he could be an idol until I googled him... and he did away with my prejudice that "idols can't act". Some certainly can.

Agree, Junho is one of the most talented idol actors out there. Even though I knew 2PM, I really didn't recognize him when I was watching Chief Kim. I was shocked when I found out that he was an idol.

I have been waiting for him to come back. :loveu:

@joccu Agree with you. Both dramas you mentioned are among my favorite k-dramas ever. :glasses:

• Love 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3