Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

Add - subtract: The pandemic questionnaire (just for fun)  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Things I didn't appreciate in 2020:

• The quarantining
    • The weight gain
    • Social distancing
    • Face masks
    • Fear of covid-19
    • Media mass hysteria
    • No or limited social life
    • Overspending on online shopping
    • Being too much online
    • Zoom / Teams meetings
    • Remote working
    • Having a covid-19 test
    • The boredom
    • Sweatpants
    • Not being able to show all my cute outfits that I had bought in 2019
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. What did you appreciate in 2020? (choose as many as you like)

• Limited or no social life (hey, nothing wrong with being an introvert)
    • The sweatpants. The sweatpants were nice.
    • Not having to get up so early in order to commute to work
    • Cooking more at home
    • Cutting your own hair
    • New hobbies you can do at home or socially distancing
    • K-dramas, c-dramas, TW-dramas, JP-dramas, Netflix, crime documentaries on YouTube - you name it, I watched it!
    • Hanging out on Soompi more!
    • Ogling abs and sharing pics of them on Soompi
    • Working out at home
    • Not having to commute
    • Not having to wear make-up and/or a bra every day
    • Getting more sleep than before the pandemic
    • Spending more time with my family
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. What is the first thing you want to do once the pandemic is over? (choose as many as you like)

• Travel
    • Not wear sweatpants!
    • Meting my friends and family members
    • Gym / working out outside of my home
    • Go to restaurants and not having to cook at home so much
    • Ditch the facemask!
    • Not having to socially distance everywhere
    • Go to a shopping mall and shop IRL
    • Work in the office
    • Going out for cocktails with your girlfriends
    • Go to the movies/theater/concert/sports game
    • Wear my cute outfits and make-up
    • Not giving "the look" every time someone coughs or sneezes around you
    • Throw a big paty at home - yay!
    • Something else. What?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/25/2021 at 07:00 PM

• Replies 146.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. putting that zoom camera set up to good use.    @Lmangla @partyon @Jillia          @Ameera Ali @iksunijini @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin   @MayanEcho @Min2206 @joccu @sadthe1st

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Oh !... another way of eating the Nian Guo is by steaming it then coat with shredded coconut with a little salt !

So yummy !

yes, we do @Thong Thin - if we can find fresh shredded coconut flesh.    Tastes really goood! 

else we deep fry them with batter and coat with yam or sweet potato , as mentioned by @sadthe1st

you see below, 3 layers - orange is sweet potato, 2nd the nien gau brown and bottom is yam - awww man!!   

Annielicious Food: Fried "Nian Gao" / Sticky Rice Cake (炸年糕)

488 C

@sadthe1st  @Thong Thin  feel like eating one  .. but now with covid, not many sellers selling now

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6
16 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm actually taking short breaks polishing the floor hahahaha

Good exercise to burnt all those fats  so that you can eat more CNY cookies.  :joy:

Aiyo @Min2206  I just had my lunch and looking at your post of the deep dried nian guo, makes me hungry again.

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7
21 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

but now with covid, not many sellers selling now

any traditional confectionery stores nearby? those selling pastries like tau sa piah should have as well.. but the current mco, probably not? wait 2 more weeks.. then when u do ur grocery shopping, u can drop by to get one!

16 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Good exercise to burnt all those fats  so that you can eat more CNY cookies.

11 minutes ago, Nodame said:

your floors will be sparkling 

i did 2 bedrooms, and i'm tired hahahaha still have the living room and kitchen

Tired Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

hi @4evrkdrama

• Like 2
  • Blob 8

Sis @sadthe1st

Just the thought that i wanna clean my floors itself makes me tired !

spacer.png

sis @partyon can you post or dm me the iconic kdrama cliches post that you have posted once (only if it’s easy for you to get it , dont waste your time on searching for it ) 

just wanna share it with my friends :biubiu:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7
3 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

hahahahaha wait till later (maybe this weekend or next) when i start complaining i need to clean the windows and grilles.. i hate cleaning the grilles.. always ended up with silent cuts from the edges..

episode 1 windows GIF

HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Blob 5
20 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

hahahahaha wait till later (maybe this weekend or next) when i start complaining i need to clean the windows and grilles.. i hate cleaning the grilles.. always ended up with silent cuts from the edges..

HAHAHAHAHA

:wut:

Dont' remind me on the window grills........hate it when comes to cleaning.

I cheated by using a vacum cleaner to get rid of those dust and cob-webs , hahahaha.

Hi @4evrkdrama  good afternoon from my side.

@Min2206  read somewhere Penthouse S2 coming.

Have you finished watching S1 ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

@Nodame ure staying up really late! are u watching kdrama or something?

25 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

I cheated by using a vacum cleaner to get rid of those dust and cob-webs , hahahaha.

hahaha guess its going to happen soon for u? slightly less than a month to cny!

cleaning up mr clean GIF by ADWEEK

• Like 3
  • Blob 6
54 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

sis @partyon can you post or dm me the iconic kdrama cliches post that you have posted once (only if it’s easy for you to get it , dont waste your time on searching for it ) 

just wanna share it with my friends

Hmmm... It will be hard to find... It was a thread in the hangout section that I found months ago. But because there are almost 4000 pages of threads, it will be hard to find again. :crybaby:

Sorry! :cry:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4
1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

any traditional confectionery stores nearby? those selling pastries like tau sa piah should have as well.. but the current mco, probably not? wait 2 more weeks.. then when u do ur grocery shopping, u can drop by to get one!

the nien gao is everywhere .. but to get those home-made traditional fresh from steaming.. we have to go morning wet markets , not those at mall (preserved or been awhile on display).   These sellers are not readily available, due to 1) covid restrictions 2) distant restrictions - no inter-district crossing

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Sis @sadthe1st

That floor must be very big ... well, i just did the grilles and glass panels of kitchen and toilet for mom!!!!!!
Hated it but what to do @sadthe1st knows my feeling well :tears:

59 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Hi @4evrkdrama  good afternoon from my side.

@Min2206  read somewhere Penthouse S2 coming.

Have you finished watching S1 ?

Wish I could do that , can I vacuum that ceiling fan, mom?   NO, YOU DON"T.   U CLIMB UP AND USE THIS DETERGENT!   sighhhhhh

Yes, @Thong Thin  Yes I have completed the S1.  Read that S2 coming.   Will watch when it comes.  Hope by that time UC or Mr Queen , whichever one , is done.   Busy month for us , spring cleaning, baking and minusing-two :D for CNY.  

Hello @partyon @iksunijini 

Happy Day GIF by Molang - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

@4evrkdrama Found it! :yay:

50 Things YOU can learn from Korean dramas

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too.

3) You and your boyfriend will always playfully chase each other on an ice rink, at the beach, or in the leaves. And you'll laugh for no reason and your boyfriend will hit you "playfully" but the force of his push will have you flying across the room. But it's okay. Cuz you're still laughing like a crazy person.

4) Brothers/cousin/uncles-nephews will always love the same girl.

5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.

8) If you're sick, all you need is an IV to make you feel lots better.

12) If you're rich, you're a jerk.

13) If you're poor, you're an angel.

14) Women sleep and wake up with a full set of makeup on.

15) You're not studying hard enough unless you get a nosebleed.

16) If you have a nosebleed, you most definitely have cancer. And you have no money to pay for the surgery that will save your life. And your liver is missing. We're not sure where it went, but it's making your cancer progress faster.

19) You will always call your boyfriend by his job title. Or simply sunbaenim. Never his name. Never. He doesn't have one.

21) You go to America you come back miraculously successful. You go to England you come back amazingly fashionable. You stay in Korea the only thing that changes is your hairstyle.

22) And if you come back with no apparent reason then it's because you have cancer.

24) If you stand out in the rain for more than five minutes, you'll end up with a fever and vertigo and people will rush you to the hospital to get some magic IV. And instead of taking an ambulance or driving they'll race you on their back.

25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead. couldnt be more true, theyre like a deer in headlights

28) Everyone has a long lost sister/brother/twin. Usually one they didn't know about.

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can just turn it off. The battery

needs to be taken out.

31) If you're in a relationship, you must at one point leave and have your lover tearfully come RIGHT before you board the plane (vice versa applies as well. You can be the chaser). 60% of the time you see each other, the other 40% you're roaming around in circles and pass each other about six times, but miraculously never see them.

32) If you're getting off a plane, you're ALWAYS wearing sunglasses. ALWAYS.

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

35) Guys always look like they're 6 feet tall, even if they're only 5'10. Thank you camera angles.

37) You always get stuck in an elevator with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. Even if there are six different elevators, you'll always be stuck in the same one with that person you hate (or just fought with).

38) Unless you're fabulously rich, your in-laws will always hate you

39) So will your sister-in-law.

40) Your brother-in-law might be pining away for you. >

41) There are only 2 ways to kiss. You either press your lips against theirs with your mouth completely shut, and just press away for a very long and uncomfortable time. OR you devour the other person and suck out their soul. In both instances, the world spins.

42) A guy will always get the right size ring, even if you're never held hands.

43) People stare off into space and ponder a lot. They'll just stop in the middle of the road and watch a leaf on a tree for a good three minutes, and just ponder.

44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

45) You'll get pregnant if he kisses you on the forehead.

46) Hell- you'll get pregnant if you hold hands.

47) If you overcome great obstacles to be together, one of you must die. Probably due to cancer.

48) One Korean man can kick the butts of 6 gangstas. Especially when they all stand in a circle and attack the guy one by one. Then when each of them get their butts OWNED, they wise up and attack the guy at the same time. Then the guy will get pulverized and bleed out onto the dusty concrete floor of the empty warehouse they've found to fight in. There will be a fire in a trashcan somewhere. And the girl will have watched this the entire time, screaming in horror. Instead of calling 119, she'll just watch and cry. But it's okay. Cuz the next day the guy will be fine with a few random bandages and a few face scars. But never a black eye.

50) If you study in the states (preferably Harvard), you are one of the top students and can speak perfect English (as assumed by the reactions of those around you). Why the rest of the world OUTSIDE of the TV can't understand a single word uttered out of your melodramatic mouth is beyond me.

The whole list:

LOL at #48 - so detailed and still so very true :joy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thirsty 1
23 hours ago, partyon said:

I am also a k-drama watcher. What dramas are you watching right now?

I am watching Mr. Queen kdrama now..

Who are your favorite oppas?

All handsome oppas are my favorites :coolshades:

@Min2206 thank you for conveying my message. Saranghae! :heartxoxo:

Thank you for the warm welcome @larus @joccu @Nodame @4evrkdrama @iksunijini and hi @sadthe1st :blush: and sorry @Thong Thin for making you scrolled up and down only for looking for a username moonstruck he he he.. I like Catleya better ^_* .. Orchid is my most favorite flower btw <3

Edited by Catleya
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6