Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@Min2206 Chingu, I didn't watch the final episode of Mouse yet. The plot has turned too ridiculous, will keep you updated on the final episode. Did I tell you we'll have 2 endings? :loolz:

On another note, we are having a small event in Mouse, the members writing their versions of both endings. Maybe you could check it out, even if you didn't watch the drama, since honestly, you didn't lose anything, this drama is a JOKE.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

5 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I made ragi roti today. Ragi is a kind of millet which is very healthy and its prescribed for diabetics. We can do a variety of things with Ragi flour just Rice flour. Ragi dosa, Ragi upma, ragi Kanji (porridge). My mom is a diabetic, ever since she got diagnosed we started using ragi a lot. And once in a while I also have this urge to eat healthy. LOL. So yeah. 

Nice. The millet looks like the red quinoa to me. We eat that in the family too..

11 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Lee Bo Young and one new actress I just got to know, Kim Seo Hyung.
These 2

Dont think I've seen them before...But the right one maybe a bit familiar resembling to a HK actress. 

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

22 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Lee Bo Young and one new actress I just got to know, Kim Seo Hyung.
These 2

Kim Seo Hyung I first know from Temptation of Wife times - the ultimate makjang hahaha. A LOT OF SCREAMING THERE.

Spoiler

79uvrio48ss9zs46bsmps1opw9ckbpmw.gif?d=6

Empress Dowager in Empress Ki - very scheming, though less screaming. 

Spoiler

0d02f95dc84f0cf3655bbf582c0bb3fa5d2cc5e3

I dropped Nobody knows... and it says she played in Lover in Paris, though I don't remember her role there. Also Sky Castle, she is famous for, but I dropped that too. 

Lee Bo Young I only watched in Whisper, but dropped that, too (because I didn't like her blackmailing the Male Lead with such material)

25 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Oh who are the 2? I only know SHK, SYJ, SAM, GHJ. Rest dont know...Lol...

+2

Who are all these? :D I'm so bad with abbreviations. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, agenth said:

Who are all these? :D I'm so bad with abbreviations. 

Song Hye Kyo (SJK ex), Son Ye Jin (HY's gf), Shin Ah Minh (Oh My Venus), Gong Hyo Jin (Master Sun) 

Lol I hope I spelt correctly...But anyhow I probably think the worst I've watch was Oh My Venus...Though SJS Oppa is there but I cant stomach the whole story....

+2

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

Just now, Wuzetian said:

Song Hye Kyo (SJK ex), Son Ye Jin (HY's gf), Shin Ah Minh (Oh My Venus), Gong Hyo Jin (Master Sun) 

Lol I hope I spelt correctly...But anyhow I probably think the worst I've watch was Oh My Venus...Though SJS Oppa is there but I cant stomach the whole story....

+2

Yes I know all of these! I just know the abbreviations for oppas  >_> 

though I guessed Seo Yea Ji instead of Ye Jin... awkward :D

Is Oh My Venus makjang? I just think it's a bad premise due to the whole fatshaming. Another one of those I dropped. It also had Sung Hoon! 

But I wouldn't mind this trainer

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Thirsty 1

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@Min2206 Chingu, I didn't watch the final episode of Mouse yet. The plot has turned too ridiculous, will keep you updated on the final episode. Did I tell you we'll have 2 endings? 

On another note, we are having a small event in Mouse, the members writing their versions of both endings. Maybe you could check it out, even if you didn't watch the drama, since honestly, you didn't lose anything, this drama is a JOKE.

Two endings?  Just like Mr Queen.  Oh well, I shall wait @Sleepy Owl sunbae-nim for details later.  Don't have to be long, just yes or no .. haha!    Must be a roller coaster drama for you guys! :D
:headbang:

20 minutes ago, agenth said:

Kim Seo Hyung I first know from Temptation of Wife times - the ultimate makjang hahaha. A LOT OF SCREAMING THERE.

Empress Dowager in Empress Ki - very scheming, though less screaming. 

Ooh thank you @agenth for  the introduction.   Cannot imagine her screaming lol, when she is calm an calculated in her present drama.  Empress Dowager, huh, wow!

664 C

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 7

11 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Ooh thank you @agenth for  the introduction.   Cannot imagine her screaming lol, when she is calm an calculated in her present drama.  Empress Dowager, huh, wow!

Haha it was the opposite for me, because I watched her in 100+ episodes and basically 90 episodes of screaming lol (not just her, but her screams are very memorable lol). (Un)fortunately this drama is so old there are few youtube videos uploaded lol. 

Though here is one short example haha (timestamped so you dont have to watch entire video lol)

@Wuzetian https://www.90daykorean.com/oppa-hyung-noona-unnie/#what-does-seonbae-mean 

Here is a site explaining Korean addressing. 

Sunbae basically can be used anywhere: work place, university, clubs etc....

Sunbaenim is even more formal due to suffix -nim.  So e.g. actors often call their seniors sunbaenim to show respect. 

It is not strictly about age, but about who has "more experience". So if you start work 5 years earlier than your other work colleague, you are sunbae to them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

Ah another term...Sun Bae Nim?

Sunbae is senior, I think!!! He is my sunbae means he is my senior! Sunbae is offered with respect, chingu!!! Either for someone who is elder than you in age or someone who is experienced than you in work. :) Right guys?? Or any other explanation for sunbae? This is the best I can think of.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

12 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Sunbae is senior, I think!!! He is my sunbae means he is my senior! Sunbae is offered with respect, chingu!!! Either for someone who is elder than you in age or someone who is experienced than you in work. :) Right guys?? Or any other explanation for sunbae? This is the best I can think of.

That's about it. So at work you'd not call everyone Unni/Oppa/Dongsaeng etc, as these terms used to denote close relationship with someone and in a more casual setting. At work you'd opt in for the more formal address. 

X-nim is like "Mr/Ms" So if you are addressing someone senior you'd pick Sunbaenim, except if they have some sort of title. Like Director, Manager etc, unless they offer you the leave to call them sunbae. 

Sunbae/hoobae is used in an organisational setting like clubs, university, work, and only if you have been in same institution with the other person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

27 minutes ago, agenth said:

That's about it. So at work you'd not call everyone Unni/Oppa/Dongsaeng etc, as these terms used to denote close relationship with someone and in a more casual setting. At work you'd opt in for the more formal address. 

X-nim is like "Mr/Ms" So if you are addressing someone senior you'd pick Sunbaenim, except if they have some sort of title. Like Director, Manager etc, unless they offer you the leave to call them sunbae. 

Sunbae/hoobae is used in an organisational setting like clubs, university, work, and only if you have been in same institution with the other person. 

That nim part I understand. Weird thing is I dont think I've come across these terms when I watch those dramas...Thanks for all of your input in enriching my knowledge...

I kinda enjoy the historical drama more...Like King Sejong.. and another cant remember the name of the drama but about the Goguryeo/Baekjae Kingdom...Though I remember Wuzetian lost the battles here with Goguryeo...

Good night everyone!

Happy Good Night GIF

+2

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

That nim part I understand. Weird thing is I dont think I've come across these terms when I watch those dramas...Thanks for all of your input in enriching my knowledge...

I kinda enjoy the historical drama more...Like King Sejong.. and another cant remember the name of the drama but about the Goguryeo/Baekjae Kingdom...Though I remember Wuzetian lost the battles here with Goguryeo...

+2

+2

That's because at work you always have a Title, and those are more formal thus have to be used, unless someone allows you to call them something else. Team Manager, Manager, Director. Chairman etc...

So you'd hear that instead in the dramas. See all the titles: https://linguasia.com/business/korean-job-titles/

From Rowoon's "Sunbae please don't wear that lipstick", you can hear him call her Sunbae. They both are "managers", but she entered company 2-3 years before him, and as she is basically his mentor. (also she is his university sunbae)

PS: for historical drama I can support Empress Ki hahaha

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

Chingus, another poll is up! This time it's about Eurovision Song Contest semi-final 2 that is airing tomorrow night (European time).

Here is a recap of the songs:

Shout out to the people located in Europe:

@larus @Ameera Ali @joccu @agenth

And to all of you who are secretly Eurovision fans, especially @Wuzetian @kokodus @Min2206 :kiss_wink:

Let's PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :partyblob::partyblob::partyblob:

PS. @agenth I like your signature. :kiss_wink:@gm4queen Praomook ep 3 and 4 (eng sub) are out. Will watch the episodes tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 5

8 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Besides MTD, are planning to watch others like Imperial Coroner? Heard very good reviews on it. 

I might consider it, and also Autumn Cicada. MTD is only 36 episodes of half hour each, so it is quite short. :) I only watch one drama at a time, and more often than not nowadays, all eps are already out, and when I have the time so I can binge watch. The exceptions this year would be Long Ballad and MTD. LOL, I started late the Long Ballad, I even stopped for a couple weeks, then caught up with the rest of the eps as they were aired.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

9 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Just a quick question to everyone here. 

On an average, how many episodes do you watch per day? Regardless of the drama titles....

1 to 3 a day depending on schedule - I'm usually following 1 daily, and 2-3 weekly drama's

... unless of course its binge time, then it depends on how much sleep I can talk myself out of.

"... I can get by with 7 hours ... oh but that cliffhanger, okay 6, I can do six ... no no no, she can't be dead!! just 1 more and 5 hours of sleep is still enough, yeah that works ..."

Meanwhile -Later that morning ...

kitten standing GIF

+2

• LOL 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3