Add and Subtract Game

Admin

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

morning everyone! 

hope all are well. 

@Thong Thin ~ if you are having gastric, try jeera (cumin) water/tea. easy to make. boil cumin seeds in water for 10 minutes. remove seeds and drink the water. you can also add a little honey if you like. 

like @gm4queen said, plain yoghurt will soothe the tummy. so you can yoghurt and some rice. maybe mix some veggies and a little meat. so that should be easy to eat. (it is our go-to-meal when we fall sick with gastric). another option is to add more garlic and ginger to your meals. you can also try garlic milk (boil milk with several cloves of garlic and sugar as per taste. reduce by half) - that will also remove stuff from your tummy naturally. for bloated tummy, you can also apply castor oil on your tummy and that is supposed to help hard stomach.. in our traditional medicine, gastric is a result of extra heat in the body and so you want to cool your body by making sure you are dehydrated well. 

@Lmangla, I agree with @gm4queen. Because food like yogurt is rich in “good” bacteria called probiotics.  :Please:

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

@Thong Thin I just remembered one of the ways to eliminate gastric right away is drinking lemon juice. What I mean here is juice it including the skin without the seeds. Then infuse with really hot boiling water. Drink slowly. Might be sour or even bitter depending on the lemon type that you buy. This is from my personal experience as well. I didnt recall earlier as my mind was occupied with my meeting notes. But if all else dont work, please do see a Dr soonest. 

Perhaps there are some other factors that induces gastric. From TCM pov, all organs are inter related. So not sure what would be the main cause. Whether it is Western Medicine or Chinese Medicine, think the most important is the right type that truly cures you. 

To all of the ladies here, this might be useful. I probably have started late but better than never. 

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

@Thong Thin I just remembered one of the ways to eliminate gastric right away is drinking lemon juice. What I mean here is juice it including the skin without the seeds. Then infuse with really hot boiling water. Drink slowly. Might be sour or even bitter depending on the lemon type that you buy. This is from my personal experience as well. I didnt recall earlier as my mind was occupied with my meeting notes. But if all else dont work, please do see a Dr soonest. 

Perhaps there are some other factors that induces gastric. From TCM pov, all organs are inter related. So not sure what would be the main cause. Whether it is Western Medicine or Chinese Medicine, think the most important is the right type that truly cures you. 

To all of the ladies here, this might be useful. I probably have started late but better than never. 

+2

@Wuzetian, yes, I read that. It's not a myth but a fact. Citrus fruits on their own won't increase the acidity of the stomach enough to cause gastritis. It says that lemon juice is a great natural remedy to cleanse the impurities of the intestine. Besides, it is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Although, it doesn't top the list of citrus fruits high in vitamin C, they're still a good source. I love lemon with ginger.

:rubchin:

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

walked into the pharmacy only yesterday to get prescription and the lady commented says I should come on Saturday immediately. Well, I thought it will go off after a day or two.

Chingu! There is a medicine called Ranitidine. I don't know if you already know it. But Ranitidine is considered as a great relief for severe stomachache, heartburn and gastric. ❤️ Ranitidine is the brand name. Ranitidine hydrochloride is the drug name. I really hope it will help you ease out your discomfort chingu!! 

+2

• Like 6
  • Thirsty 1

@Wuzetian I dont skip my meals and how on earth did this gastric came out.

I read that stress is one of the cause.   So many good advice the chingus here.  
Create Custom Get Well Soon Card With Name | Create Custom Wishes

46 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

NOOOO lol sorry i checked back late!

its like when u cook porridge, u add a lot of water so there's plenty of the semi cloudy water on top of the porridge/rice.

it's good for the stomach, relieve diarrhoea issues too!

need to avoid acidic food and drinks as well.. some of those juices, and vinegar in food.. etc.

Thought porridge is okay ...  hmmm

Hello @twinkle_little_star 
✨ Sparkles | Sparkle png, Gif background, Free animated icons

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

EzV0-vIUYAAmSiL?format=jpg&name=small

@Thong Thin Dont take any medications before consulting your doctor. Our chingus here have already told you about all the best home remedies for gastritis. My mom usually gives me buttermilk with lots of jeera powder and asafoetida whenever I have stomach issues. Castor oil application that @Lmangla mentioned is also followed in my home. And you can also place a wet cloth in your stomach for a while to bring down the heat.  My sister also has a chronic gastric problem, so my mom daily soaks a handful of fenugreek over night and make her drink the soaked water. It cools down the body nicely. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Thirsty 1

1 minute ago, gm4queen said:

Chingu! There is a medicine called Ranitidine. I don't know if you already know it. But Ranitidine is considered as a great relief for severe stomachache, heartburn and gastric. ❤️ Ranitidine is the brand name. Ranitidine hydrochloride is the drug name. I really hope  it will help you ease out your discomfort chingu!! 

+2

@gm4queen, IDK why this medicine has been banned in US & Canada because they say that it contains substances linked to cancer. I know Ranitidine is generally very safe. It's just prescribed by doctors to take it during bedtime so, it decreases gastric acid secretion. Although, they say that long

term side effects of Ranitidine are acid reflux & heartburn.     :popcornjackson:

+2

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Heard McD going to have meatless burgers too. But not sure when and which region. I've seen many food outlets started to serve meatless varieties however slightly more expensive than the real meat version. Dont think this is encouraging though. I dont think I want to spend more just to go green. But will adjust on the areas on my lifestyle. 

yea I have heard of this meatless burgers that mimic meat from news programmes. I am so used to veg and non-veg stuff in our traditional cuisine but I don't really understand the concept of meatless stuff that mimics meat. think it is a cultural issue. for us, veg is mostly due to community or religious reasons. so the idea of veg stuff that mimics meat? my veg friends would be horrified while my fellow non-veg friends like me would be just puzzled. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

I dont skip my meals and how on earth did this gastric came out.

I am sad to hear you have problem with the stomach. I know how painful it can be. The stress, anxiety could be a factor related to gastric. Take care! I wish you a full recovery. 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

25 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

Chingu! There is a medicine called Ranitidine. I don't know if you already know it. But Ranitidine is considered as a great relief for severe stomachache, heartburn and gastric. ❤️ Ranitidine is the brand name. Ranitidine hydrochloride is the drug name. I really hope it will help you ease out your discomfort chingu!! 

+2

+2

Thanks, will keep that precription name in mind.

The pharmacy gave me Pantoprazole Sandoz 40mg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, agenth said:

Has anyone seen Shadow and Bone (Netflix)? 

It is a series? I think I saw the news about Shadow and Bone. I watch Netflix but now I look for miniseries or movies and not multi season shows.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

47 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Thong Thin Dont take any medications before consulting your doctor. Our chingus here have already told you about all the best home remedies for gastritis. My mom usually gives me buttermilk with lots of jeera powder and asafoetida whenever I have stomach issues. Castor oil application that @Lmangla mentioned is also followed in my home. And you can also place a wet cloth in your stomach for a while to bring down the heat.  My sister also has a chronic gastric problem, so my mom daily soaks a handful of fenugreek over night and make her drink the soaked water. It cools down the body nicely. 

+2

OMG.. you guys here are so knowlegeable...I have to google for jeera powder, asafoetida and fenugreek to find out if is available here at our region.

Thank you again to all chingus for your valuable advise.

:heartxoxo:

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

38 minutes ago, willenette said:

IDK why this medicine has been banned in US & Canada because they say that it contains substances linked to cancer. I know Ranitidine is generally very safe. It's just prescribed by doctors to take it during bedtime so, it decreases gastric acid secretion. Although, they say that long term side effects of Ranitidine are acid reflux & heartburn.

Oh chingu.. Sad that it's banned in US and Canada??! But yes @Thong Thin chingu, please watch out for side effects. Always get medical prescriptions before taking a new medicine. :)

And my younger sister had been using ranitidine to ease her menses pain. One day, a long ago, we had to hospitalize her due to a severe heartburn occured with menses pain. Then ranitidine was described by the doctor for her to ease her heart burn symptoms. And it really worked. :) It's a powerful medicine so should take it with pre-cautions.

+2

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, larus said:

It is a series? I think I saw the news about Shadow and Bone. I watch Netflix but now I look for miniseries or movies and not multi season shows.

Yes, it's a 8 episode series right now. Season 2 hasn't been announced yet. 

• Like 6