• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kokodus

• Sleepy Owl

• partyon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hai everyone.. the night was approaching..  to a team add @Lmangla @Ameera Ali @corey   @MayanEcho  @partyon   @iksunijini@sadthe1st @Min2206 @Thong Thin   @pompyavi @mirmz @larus @joccu  @M

hai everyone.. night in the sockets rounds.   to a team add @Sleepy Owl @Ameera Ali    @iksunijini @corey @cenching    @Nodame   @pompyavi @larus @Jillia   @MayanEcho  @partyon @Lm

hai everyone.. putting that zoom camera set up to good use.    @Lmangla @partyon @Jillia          @Ameera Ali @iksunijini @Sleepy Owl  @Thong Thin   @MayanEcho @Min2206 @joccu @sadthe1st

Posted Images

@4evrkdrama Chingu I read your post on the "Run On", I read it some days ago, sorry to be getting kind of late. I do agree that the start of the drama was too slow and at the same time, it was not clear what the drama was really about and for the first 2 or even 4 (for me), it was going places. But then, episode by episode it started getting better.

You were totally right about missing the point and if we would binge watch it. Although I kind of did it, not exactly maybe, I was watching about 3-4 episodes per week. Honestly this drama does not seem to be binge watch worthy to me. You need to take pauses between episodes, and sometimes can't watch more than 2 per day. At least for me it was like that. 

But there are 3 things am disappointed about in this drama

1. Ki Sun Gyeom not knowing that Oh Mi joo has returned the money to the secretary 

2. Not showing Ryan - Sun Gyeom’s sister’s lover

3. Being translated by Netflix that some words lost its essence.

I do agree with the first 2 points here. I really wanted SG to know that MJ had returned the money, but I believe at point onward from the drama, it never mattered if she did or not. He did not view her as that and I think knowing her better, he must have already guessed she already returned the money. Seeing how bold she acts in front of her father, the scene where they went to watch movie and encountered his father. 

Not seeing Ryan was a big disappointment for me, but then again, it would never really have an impact on the plot. But in the final flash scenes, I really hoped we would see that dude. He was mentioned throughout the drama and seeing the characters appear in the final scenes who just appeared for one episode, didn't do much, I really hoped they would show that dude with SG's sister. 

I am not really sure about the NF's translations. Are they really that bad? Having had a fair enough interactions with many translators, there is one thing I have heard the most from them and that was "The translation is supposed to convey the overall meaning of the words based on the context more than the literal meaning of those words". So I do think there were certain places where the literal meaning of the words was not used, but I think it could be because the translators tried to convey the meaning of whole sentence and just the words. Just my personal opinion though. I didn't really feel anything with the subs, despite having some basic knowledge of Korean and catching and understanding many words and even sentences of them in drama, to the point of sometimes checking out the raw episodes. Maybe you can shed more light on this one. 

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

hi @joccu @MayanEcho @Sleepy Owl @elan1 @4evrkdrama @mirmz and chingus who are still awake at this hour!

@MayanEcho what did u buy? i want to go shopping too!

good morning @Thong Thin @Min2206

time to make coffee!

Coffee Time GIF

and it's Mr Queen weekend! @Ameera Ali

@partyon let's see if ur oppa still has any screen time in the final 2 episodes for proper closure..

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 3
  • Blob 4

:waves:

hai everyone.. to a team add @joccu

@larus @Sleepy Owl @Ernie

@Ameera Ali  @Jillia @kokodus

@Lmangla @partyon  @corey

@Min2206 @Thong Thin @sadthe1st @MayanEcho  @4evrkdrama @cenching @pompyavi @Nodame @iksunijini5 to a team subtract @mirmz @elan1 @forme26 fi , 

a quiet corner and a steaming cup of coffee. :D wishing you a great day. 

giphy-1.gif

to a team who celebrate lunar new year, wishing you happy Lunar New Year, may the New Year bring you lots of happiness and prosperity. :D

happy new year loop GIF by Ecard Mint

• Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 6

Hello Chingus

It's Saturday .. well, I have been off, so am I supposed to feel different?  :D

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

Hello everyone, just came from some shopping. :) 

Thank you for the Lunar New Year Greetings.  :D May you and all have peace of mind, good health and productive year this CNY !

Hello @mirmz @sadthe1st @twinkle_little_star

Image result for chinese new year biscuits

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 3

Hello @mirmz

Here are some biscuits for you - having it now with coffee

Kuih Kapit - Egg rolls made by clasping egg batter using an iron mould, which is heated up on a charcoal stove, folded into triangle-shape instead of the usual roll

Kuih Loyang - made of rice flour mixed with eggs, sugar, salt, and coconut milk.  The batter to be fried in hot oil with a mould. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6
1 hour ago, twinkle_little_star said:

:waves:

hai everyone.. to a team add @joccu

@larus @Sleepy Owl @Ernie

@Ameera Ali  @Jillia @kokodus

@Lmangla @partyon  @corey

@Min2206 @Thong Thin @sadthe1st @MayanEcho  @4evrkdrama @cenching @pompyavi @Nodame @iksunijini5 to a team subtract @mirmz @elan1 @forme26 fi , 

a quiet corner and a steaming cup of coffee. :D wishing you a great day. 

giphy-1.gif

to a team who celebrate lunar new year, wishing you happy Lunar New Year, may the New Year bring you lots of happiness and prosperity. :D

+2

Thank you for the greetings. 

Good morning 

@mirmz @Min2206 @MayanEcho @sadthe1st

Min - long time no eat the kueh bangkit. My aunt who stays in Taiping makes very good kueh bangkit unfortunately they are getting old. One bite it melts into your mouth. 

Mayan - shopping?... did you get what you wanted.

Anybody watching LUCA. 

Finally, know how the FL parents are connected to the crazy professor. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7
13 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Kuih Loyang - made of rice flour mixed with eggs, sugar, salt, and coconut milk.  The batter to be fried in hot oil with a mould. 

this sounds really tastyyyyyyyyyyyy min

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5
1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

@mirmz @Min2206 @MayanEcho @sadthe1st

Min - long time no eat the kueh bangkit. My aunt who stays in Taiping makes very good kueh bangkit unfortunately they are getting old. One bite it melts into your mouth. 

me too- difficult to get good ones.  My grandma used to make, now she says "lazy" hahaha!  3 types of flour and need to dry them thoroughly under the sun.  

1 hour ago, mirmz said:

this sounds really tastyyyyyyyyyyyy min

oh yes, they are  .. a bit sweetish and crispy with milk coconut aroma.

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4