Add and Subtract Game

Admin

1 minute ago, elan1 said:

We are member of 3  

—you eat so healthy, you must be so fit  

—I had no idea what soya sauce but I Google and learned that soya is another way to say soy sauce 

+2

Eat healthy to avoid visiting Mr Doctor. I would prefer the money going into the doctor pocket goes to buying healthy foods. 

• LOL 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

20 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@Min2206 its totally okay to have some sugar too with it. You see, you got to enjoy what you drink, its not like the coffee or tea should be taken without sugar only. I love the bitter taste of them, so don't add any sugar. Although, if I am having milk tea, I need some sugar in it, since I find it totally tasteless without sugar. But I rarely have milk tea.

I am not a sweet person ... so I need some sweet.  :D

5 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Eat healthy to avoid visiting Mr Doctor. I would prefer the money going into the doctor pocket goes to buying healthy foods. 

Agree on this @Thong Thin  but i keep seeing pork belly in the kitchen, so much roasted meat / fat! 
:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 3

10 minutes ago, corey said:

This reminded me of a friend of mine, a Brit, who of course as a Brit always drank his tea with milk. Until he developed a kidney problem and his doctor told him to stop drinking milk. And after a while he agreed with me that tea with milk is disgusting....Which only proves that the majority of our tastes are really acquired - we got used to them...

In Italy, it’s the same, the concept of milk teas and bubble tea is foreign to them. My Italian friend when she came to visit the states, she thought it was bizarre that they would mix milk and tea together and she couldn’t get use to the idea of it and didn’t enjoy it much when she tried it :lol:

10 minutes ago, corey said:

just like when I was little I always drank my tea with sugar, because that is how it was done these days... Until one day I drank my tea without sugar and then I could not stand sweet tea any longer....

Good Morning friends - freezing and clear morning here, -15 and yellowish skies from sunrise....

You wean off sugar tea! That’s a breakthrough! Nice!  Most people would be like “ugh, it’s like I’m drinking nature, forest water” :lol:

Good morning to you :)

Best Friends Love GIF by TV Land

9 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

keep seeing pork belly in the kitchen, so much roasted meat / fat! 

OMG I love Korean pork belly so much :heart:

Pork Belly Korean GIF

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Welcome to sugar fre:De club.

Add me too to the club with @elan1 @Sleepy Owl. Oh, @coreytoo! :lol: Tea, coffee, milk, or juice, no sugar please. Even when I was small, I prefer plain milk.  

LMAO, I can even remember avoiding visiting some relatives because I don't want to drink what they're serving. If I tell no sugar, they ask why? Then they put a spoonful or two. LOL. 

Eventually, I've learned to hold my breath and drink in one go what I'm served. If not, I would surely gag.

• Love 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

11 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Add me too to the club with @elan1 @Sleepy Owl. Oh, @coreytoo! :lol: Tea, coffee, milk, or juice, no sugar please. Even when I was small, I prefer plain milk.  

LMAO, I can even remember avoiding visiting some relatives because I don't want to drink what they're serving. If I tell no sugar, they ask why? Then they put a spoonful or two. LOL. 

Eventually, I've learned to hold my breath and drink in one go what I'm served. If not, I would surely gag.

OMG four people in the same forum??? Is this club bigger than @Ameera Ali and @partyon oppa club? :lol:

Relatives can be so pushy lol They always making me try things or adding things by saying “more flavor or you don’t know how to eat properly or what’s wrong with you, eat like a normal person” :joy:

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

+2

I had an Indonesia maids working with me for last 25 years, the last maid who worked the longest finally followed me by drinking her coffee without sugar or when she makes any dessert, she will reduced the amount of sugar. 

Hello

@corey nice weather over your side, not too cool. 

@MayanEcho welcome to the sugar free club :D

@Min2206 hot pot tonight, we prefer to eat more veg then meat.

@elan1 4 of us can't even finish the small size roast chicken. Still left 2 chicken thighs. 

:w00t:

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7

35 minutes ago, corey said:

Poor you! And so sweet (no pun intended!) to drink at all, so as not to offend the relatives

They are grannies I won't dare to offend! :sweat_smile: If anything, it taught me early on that if I find myself in unfavourable situations, I should be quick to adapt and adjust.

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

19 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

+2

I had an Indonesia maids working with me for last 25 years, the last maid who worked the longest finally followed me by drinking her coffee without sugar or when she makes any dessert, she will reduced the amount of sugar. 

Hello

@corey nice weather over your side, not too cool. 

@MayanEcho welcome to the sugar free club :D

@Min2206 hot pot tonight, we prefer to eat more veg then meat.

@elan1 4 of us can't even finish the small size roast chicken. Still left 2 chicken thighs. 

:w00t:

Indonesian maids? Whoa you must come from affluent background :o I lived in so many different households growing up, but if I was alone, I would be as poor as a church mouse :lol: You are such a good, healthy influence to the maid :) 

—that means you will give me the last 2 chicken thighs? :joy:

8 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

They are grannies I won't dare to offend! :sweat_smile: If anything, it taught me early on that if I find myself in unfavourable situations, I should be quick to adapt and adjust.

i remember when I was younger, my grandmother would try to make me eat certain things, so I would stuff my mouth as big as a puffer fish and excuse myself and go to the bathroom and spit it out into toilet and flush it :joy:

big eyes fish GIF

• LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

1 hour ago, corey said:

This reminded me of a friend of mine, a Brit, who of course as a Brit always drank his tea with milk. Until he developed a kidney problem and his doctor told him to stop drinking milk. And after a while he agreed with me that tea with milk is disgusting....Which only proves that the majority of our tastes are really acquired - we got used to them...

I don't usually drink the milk tea, but in India, milk tea is too common, and you can't really avoid it. We would get it in the break fast in our hostel mess. Not that I don't like it, but well, the milk tea has to be really well prepared for me to like it. I did have it at a family friend's house, and didn't require sugar for it. I always taste that tea and then add sugar especially while visiting someone else's house, mainly because many add the sugar while preparing the tea itself. They just bring the sugar so that someone would add it if they still find it less sweet. 

Even in the case of this, my limit is 1 tsp, or sometimes even less. 

56 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Never happened to me. Of course some people usually ask if I have diabetes and whether that is the reason I am avoiding sugar :joy:

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

I am not a sweet person ... so I need some sweet.  :D

Do I need bitterness in life and so prefer to have my coffee bitter then? :rubchin:

• LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

+2

You were right, you can never win any fight with grannies when comes to food. 

@elan1 you are welcome to eat the chicken thighs anytime.

:blush:

I have no choice but to employed maids cause I am a working mother and wife. Need the maid to clean, cook and take care of my children when they are preschooler. 

LOL, those were the days when life was so easy and free where you don't have to do tons of household chores.

• Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

OMG I love Korean pork belly so much :heart:

LOL @elan1  ours not Korean ... chinese roast style ... :D

Image result for roasted chinese pork belly

1 hour ago, MayanEcho said:

Hello @corey @MayanEcho

Looks like you guys are in the same club.  I prefer coffee with bit sugar but can drink tea without though.  Don't know why.

57 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I don't usually drink the milk tea, but in India, milk tea is too common, and you can't really avoid it. We would get it in the break fast in our hostel mess. Not that I don't like it, but well, the milk tea has to be really well prepared for me to like it. I did have it at a family friend's house, and didn't require sugar for it. I always taste that tea and then add sugar especially while visiting someone else's house, mainly because many add the sugar while preparing the tea itself. They just bring the sugar so that someone would add it if they still find it less sweet. 

Even in the case of this, my limit is 1 tsp, or sometimes even less. 

Do I need bitterness in life and so prefer to have my coffee bitter then? 

Why do you have to say that?   Just be sweet and you will be sweet, sunbae-nim.  

Is there a riot currently in India, on farm laws showdown @Sleepy Owl ?  

Hello @partyon  Coffee for you
Image result for coffee gif

• Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

12 minutes ago, corey said:

There is just one Indian restaurant in my city, so before the pandemics we went there for dinner - and I tried Indian tea served there. I am sorry to say, but it was just about the most horrible thing I drank in my life. The only thing worse was green coffee I was persuaded to buy in a coffee shop, apparently incredinly healthy.

But as I say, this is all acquired taste.

I have to say that Indian milk tea is way too sweet for me. It's fine taste wise, but I really struggle with the sweetness. That said, I've had Indian milk teas that are not so sweet, and they've been fine. It's nice with chapati. :)

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7

@corey, @partyon Noona, I never order tea in restaurants, I do know how it tastes, I did once and regretted a lot. I paid about 5 times more than what I would have paid at a normal tea stall, and the taste was equally worse :joy:

Noona, one of the main reason for it to be so sweet is that most of the people even in restaurants and tea stalls add the sugar while preparing the tea itself, and you don't have the option to make it sweet as per your wish. That's why, some people find it too sweet and some not.

I remember having at a new tea stall with my friend, I found the tea so sweet, so much that I could not drink it after a couple of sips, while there was other dude who was disappointed with how "not sweet" the tea was, and the tea was so sweet that even my friend (who usually drinks sweet tea) had a hard time drinking it :joy:

3 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Why do you have to say that?   Just be sweet and you will be sweet, sunbae-nim.  

Is there a riot currently in India, on farm laws showdown @Sleepy Owl ?  

I was just joking Chingu  :heartxoxo:

Regarding the protests in India, the farmers have been protesting in India against the new farm laws passed by the current government. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3