• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I don't think so chingu. I have seen one interview by AsianBoss on YouTube where the SK people themselves said that whatever they show in dramas doesn't happen in real life.

And to that, here is the old cynical me saying in small voice - sure they would deny that this never happen IRL, I mean, who would admit to international audience for example that S Korean parents are in the habit of beating their children with baseball bats....

So IDK. Drinking heavily with workmates on weekdays is a part of Korean work culture. So is beating children, which was still legal in S Korean schools at the beginning of 21 century...

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 2
10 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

I would like to get slapped with pizza or better i would come up with a list and give the person. If they slap with those food items I will happily get slapped. 

Us after been  slapped satisfaction
CA2976EB-2FD8-478F-B27C-97366368100B.gif
6F8FE8AB-EC4D-4A50-B93B-DD87BC8E2FC1.gif

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

@corey Have you watched the Chinese movie Better days? I saw the trailer and read the reviews. It seems like they did a very good job in portraying bullying. 

8 minutes ago, corey said:

So IDK. Drinking heavily with workmates on weekdays is a part of Korean work culture. So is beating children, which was still legal in S Korean schools at the beginning of 21 century

I agree some of the things I do not like about their culture. Especially the hierarchy at work and the patriarchal culture. Child abuse is a serious crime but sadly it happens in every country. Even in India.

• Sad 4

@pompyavi, I will check the movie, thanks.

Regarding the child abuse, paradoxically, S Koreans do not consider it child abuse at all... The mindset is that the beating is for the benefit of the children. To "knock some sense" into young, unformed minds....

Such an attitute was present in Europe, too, until the early 20th century..."Spare the rod and spoil the child" as the saying went...

It is no longer the case. I am sure things will change in S Korea too, and beatings will no longer be viewed as a teaching method but will be considered as child abuse...

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1
1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

yeah happy ending, if we consider him

back from the dead  after 5 years  :w00t:

What the.....?!?!??!?!!?! I don't even know if I should watch the episode or not....

• LOL 1
8 minutes ago, corey said:

@pompyavi, I will check the movie, thanks.

Regarding the child abuse, paradoxically, S Koreans do not consider it child abuse at all... The mindset is that the beating is for the benefit of the children. To "knock some sense" into young, unformed minds....

Such an attitute was present in Europe, too, until the early 20th century..."Spare the rod and spoil the child" as the saying went...

It is no longer the case. I am sure things will change in S Korea too, and beatings will no longer be viewed as a teaching method but will be considered as child abuse...

That's the same case in here as well. Parents think they are doing it for the sake of their children. One more thing I absolutely despise is forcing your dreams on your children. In India almost all the people who are from 90's generation did that. Even now they are doing. The effect of this is either that child commits suicide or grows up with having distorted personality. I knew one of my neighbor (dad) used to beat his kid and mentally torture him. It went to that extent that the son killed his father, mom committed suicide and the sister left alone. Some people take pity on her while others enjoy her situation and taunt her. I wish people becomes little empathetic towards others.

• Sad 2