Quantcast

Add and Subtract Game

17 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I am not really fond of characters like Toghon, he took a lot of time in maturing up. I like more of the rulers like I mentioned who would smartly do things he wanted to do, while being under pressure of ministers and other officials.

Seems Empress Ki is mostly based on fiction in any case. The real Empress Ki was very anti-Korea to my understanding.
I actually don't mind oppa because it's something different. Personally I don't particularly care for "macho culture", so I am finding the "weak" emperor actually pretty interesting. It's not about the power of the king, but about the personal journey.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Replies 135.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sushimi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, partyon said:

Seems Empress Ki is mostly based on fiction in any case. The real Empress Ki was very anti-Korea to my understanding.
I actually don't mind oppa because it's something different. Personally I don't particularly care for "macho culture", so I am finding the "weak" emperor actually pretty interesting. It's not about the power of the king, but about the personal journey.

Yup, real Empress Ki was not really kind to Goryeo, so many had protested against this drama, which was sort also glorifying her. But it is mostly fiction here, with some actual historical characters present. 

Well, I am not into strong Kings, but rather in the ones who mature up, and fight their way up. We've had dramas on Yeongjo of Joseon, who being son of concubine climbed up to become a king. Even while being King many officials looked down at him, but he still ruled very well. And there are really many more examples like this. Useless Kings trying to stand up, same happened in Faith where Gongmin really had no one supporting him, but tried his best to gain power and didn't really just sit.

What I really didn't like about Toghon was, him not really caring much. Honestly, he was too busy with winning over Nyang when she was a maid than the palace affairs. Didn't try much, and Nyang had to continuously give him push and kicks for him to do something. Like the case with Blood Vow, or after she married him. Otherwise, dude himself, was not really interested in palace affairs and was not really trying anything from his side. This is what made me not really like him.

He actually could be written in a much better way, if they really wanted to incline towards fiction. 

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
26 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Today very very very sunny and hot

cooling here! it rained this morning! and i'm heading out to meet friends later for some drinks

allison janney cheers GIF

i'm watching Search ep1 now.. lol

Spoiler

seems like some bio nuclear plus radioactive mutant from the north korea escape? and, the gory scenes were not censored lol

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

had net problems last night but good thing, I was able to catch captain marvel on tv as I wasn't logged in online. it was a pretty decent movie.

@Lmangla
New Marvel 3.75" Appreciation Thread - Page 1560 - Toy Discussion at  Toyark.com

@MinLyn We used to look forward to the long break at year end.. but this year, not sure how it would be, pending the covid situation.    

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

hey ya @MinLyn ~ so do you have plans for your break? it is so hard to plan anything at this time no? such a pain. my net connection is still acting up today. but in a way, it is good. have been online too much these days and putting a strain on my eyes. so good to get some breaks. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, partyon said:

No one likes PSJ on this thread. :D Except for @corey I think?

Good Morning, everybody, sorry for being late to reply, I am still binge watching Lost Romance. I am at episode 15 now and dying to know what will happen next.

Aaaand. Marcus Chang oppa won my heart completely. The kisses in this drama :heart2beat:

Anyway, yes, I am probably the only one who likes PSJ, although someone else also watched and liked WWWSK - I noticed there was another person with answer  1 in question 1 in the poll.

• Like 3
  • Love 3