• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Sushimi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, partyon said:

I probably missed it. I thought she was his mother (in ep 4 they said mom) - I am confused.

I assumed it is her step mother. She wanted him home because the chairman was coming back from aboard and wanted to see him not because she was eager to see him.You are right that the police informed her that her son is dead. We`ll see. It was just my assumption. We`ll see Jun`s backstory in the future episodes.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
27 minutes ago, larus said:

I assumed it is her step mother. She wanted him home because the chairman was coming back from aboard and wanted to see him not because she was eager to see him.You are right that the police informed her that her son is dead. We`ll see. It was just my assumption. We`ll see Jun`s backstory in the future episodes.

I see. I just thought I may have missed the mention that she was his step mother - that's why I was confused. :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

my cat doesnt want to give meh cuddles she only wants to sleep in her heated hut T^T

sad panda GIF

*sigh* i guess this is what happens when ur cat stays outside all night long and not in her pita hut  in the garage. BACKGROUND ON THE PITA HUT: (my family calls her heated house thing the pita hut because my cat's name is pita and it's a joke because there's this restaurant called pizza hut near my town so my family thought it would be funny to call it the pita hut lol)

• Like 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, mirmz said:

so @partyon what r u up to? besides talking to the lovely people on the add n sub thread obviously

I've been quite busy lately. Right now I am catching up on Empress Ki.

How about you? What are you up to this weekend? :kiss_wink:

11 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I see that 5 years time jump already happened

Yes, and the wedge between oppa and Nyang is just getting bigger. :cry:

Oppa! :bawling:

empress-ki-e43-140401-hdtv-xvid-assa-avi

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Yes, and the wedge between oppa and Nyang is just getting bigger. :cry:

Oppa! :bawling:

Yup, he has become super alcoholic too :brokenheart:

I believe the whole hidden treasure arc showed Nyang drifting away from Toghon and doing it all for her son and her survival along with Goryeo's too. But she didn't trust Toghon in it, because he was already very much into "make Goryeo part of Yuan" plan.

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

I am not too liking JCW’s character in empress ki. Big man but act like a baby. His queen is more masculine than him. In my view it is difficult to be able to liking a guy like this. So it is difficult for me to watch Empress Ki. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
8 minutes ago, H0ney said:

I am not too liking JCW’s character in empress ki. Big man but act like a baby. His queen is more masculine than him. In my view it is difficult to be able to liking a guy like this. So it is difficult for me to watch Empress Ki. 

Well Chingu, that's why there were many people shipping the FL with the other guy, the Goryeo King. He was everything which JCW's character was not. The main positive thing about JCW's character was him trying to stand up and try to be the Emperor, Empress Ki wanted him to, but well things really don't go his way. 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1
7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well Chingu, that's why there were many people shipping the FL with the other guy, the Goryeo King. He was everything which JCW's character was not. The main positive thing about JCW's character was him trying to stand up and try to be the Emperor, Empress Ki wanted him to, but well things really don't go his way.

lol :D A lot of people were shipping her with oppa too. :D

I actually think it's interesting to see a character like him. I am sure that there have been more than one emperor in history who has been a puppet king.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2
8 minutes ago, partyon said:

lol :D A lot of people were shipping her with oppa too. :D

I actually think it's interesting to see a character like him. I am sure that there have been more than one emperor in history who has been a puppet king.

Yeah there were shippers for them too, maybe they could also be majority here. But since @H0ney mentioned about not liking JCW's character, I told her that she is not really alone and many had similar thoughts too. 

Well, there were many puppet Kings in Korean History. Mostly in the later Goryeo Era and also in Joseon Era. As for Goryeo Era you know that Yuan had gained a lot control of their politics, so much that they could actually replace rulers.

Same was in Joseon Era, where as per the principles and constitution written by Jeong Do Jeon, which would give the real power to Ministers and King would literally be a figurehead. So a lot of Joseon Rulers actually struggled in doing whatever they wanted to do as ruler, and it is shown in many Kdramas too. 

I am not really fond of characters like Toghon, he took a lot of time in maturing up. I like more of the rulers like I mentioned who would smartly do things he wanted to do, while being under pressure of ministers and other officials. 

+2

• Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1