• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jillia

• kokodus

• Lmangla

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re-watch party: Season 1 (sageuks)   All our chingus, come and join us for a special sageuk re-watch party event!   We have chosen three sageuks: 1) Faith (with Lee Min Ho)

This is a rare event, but we put up a k-pop poll (tagging @Lmangla). BTS released their first English language song ever yesterday. Check out the video! The song is pretty catchy!  

@partyon I generally am not that much attracted to sageuks. Faith was my first costume drama, I remember being very confused on what was going on in that drama and I actually dropped it initially, the

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, corey said:

I am in Taiwan drama phase now, ha ha).

I think I watched just two Taiwanese dramas because I want to see the original before I see the Korean remake. Then I watch the Korean version for one drama and not for the other.  :D I watched a little more Japanese dramas and that`s it. 

But I know how it is to have mood for other shows than kdramas. I had a phase watching old movies in the summer and right now I am watching some Netflix (movies or series).

+2

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

@corey :Pandabulous:

It was really cold in morning.  It snowed yesterday. But now the temp been up to +5. Today the wind was so strong that a cruiseship run agroung that goes between Finland and Sweden everyday.  The ship was trying to park in the port. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1

@larus, I think I definitely prefer Taiwanese dramas to K Dramas. The reasons are as follows:

T-Drama - unmarried people have sex

K-Drama - married people do not have sex

T-Drama - parents are mostly loving and supportive

K-Drama - parents beat their children with baseball bats and oppose to everything the child wants to do

T-Drama - younger siblings are mostly loving and supportive

K-Drama - younger siblings are the most annoying people in the world

T-Drama - conflicts are solved by mutual discussions and concessions

K-Drama - conflicts are solved by the richer party threatening to completely destrol the less affluent party

T-Drama - guys love girls because they are polite, courteous, noble and unselfish

K-Drama - guys love girls because they are pretty

I think that pretty much sums it up, there are more such and such like comparisons..

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1

I have only watched Kdramas till now, although there are a couple of Jdramas which I will give a try. Don't really know about other dramas. Since there is always many ongoing Kdramas which I watch and also some from my watchlist, it is really hard for me to go for any other series, until or unless it really is very good. 

+2

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

@Sleepy Owl, Until recently, I also have only watched K-Dramas. A fellow forum user recommended some T-Dramas and I absolutely fell in love. The examples above are from actual dramas - I can give you titles. Not all TDrams are good, of course, but here are less of them so it is easier to filter out the cheese and slapstick and concentrate on real gems.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
Just now, corey said:

@Sleepy Owl, Until recently, I also have only watched K-Dramas. A fellow forum user recommended some T-Dramas and I absolutely fell in love. The examples above are from actual dramas - I can give you titles. Not all TDrams are good, of course, but here are less of them so it is easier to filter out the cheese and slapstick and concentrate on real gems.

I would be thankful for some recommendations then. Although I am not really sure when I will watch them, but could go for them when there are not many ongoing Kdramas that I would watch. 

+2

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
4 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I have only watched Kdramas till now, although there are a couple of Jdramas which I will give a try. Don't really know about other dramas. Since there is always many ongoing Kdramas which I watch and also some from my watchlist, it is really hard for me to go for any other series, until or unless it really is very good. 

Me too. I personally find some Jdramas very interesting and they are shorter. I believe other dramas may be more interesting than kdramas but I am familiar with the actors and I am used to watch kdramas. Plus, I was active on Soompi. This forum help me to continue watching kdramas.

+2

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Sleepy Owl, here you are:

Two dramas with Marcus Chang, my absolute favourites:

Behind you Smile

Lost Romance

These I can recommend if you like sassy, independent girls as FL:

Marry Me or Not

The Masked Lover

Fall in Love with Me

If you like dramas about food

The Perfect Match

Love Myself or You

I am currently watching Amensalism

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thirsty 1

I like TW dramas as well, and have watched quite a few back in the day.

I even watched the original Fated to Love You and Meteor Garden :joy:

They are definitely a lot different from k-dramas. I also like Japanese dramas. I usually have one Japanese drama ongoing on my current watchlist at all times. Sometimes I will venture into lakorns but find them a bit off-putting for their portrayal of how men treat women... So tend to stick to the Thai remakes only.

@MayanEcho chingu, how is life? :dorakiss:

@mirmz Lil sis, whatcha up to?

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@corey thank you, added them to my watchlist for now. Hopefully I'll try to watch them in 2021 when my drama schedule is more free. 

53 minutes ago, larus said:

Me too. I personally find some Jdramas very interesting and they are shorter. I believe other dramas may be more interesting than kdramas but I am familiar with the actors and I am used to watch kdramas. Plus, I was active on Soompi. This forum help me to continue watching kdramas.

Exactly, there are some Jdramas that I want to watch, but kind of get drawn to Kdramas more, as you said, it could be because I know the actors and also used to watching it. In between I was kind of close to trying some Cdramas too, but ended up watching anime which I had postponed for months back then.

I was just checking the dramas airing in December, and wow, my December is going to be quite busy. There are around 6-7 dramas I will be watching which will start airing next week onward. Also, I have one anime which start airing in December to start too. :wow1:

+2

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
2 hours ago, larus said:

I am older. :D But what triggered the curiosity? My odd taste in dramas? :lol:

Haha.. no.. last time we meet on a drama thread I believe it was on the world of a married couple thread. Hehe I just want to ask :) 

+2

• Like 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • partyon changed the title to Add and Subtract Game