Add and Subtract Game

Admin

26 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon holy s**t. I could not be able to watch something like that. If I would watch I would never able to fly again. 

true no laughing matter. 

I don't particularly care for turbulence even though I pre-pandemic flew a lot because of work. I've been in bad turbulence many times, but I still hope I don't end up in severe turbulence like this... :scream:

Still this video made me laugh when this guy kept screaming throughout the video "WHAT IS GOING ON?" "PUT THIS THING ON THE GROUND!" :D

You can hear the plane start descending to a safer altitude at 2:50.

In the end, when the pilot is updating them about the turbulence, he's like "You don't need to update me! Put me on the ground!" (at4:15) :D

• LOL 1
  • Blob 4

17 minutes ago, joccu said:

@partyon I been lucky. Only couple off the there been a turbulence when I been flying.  I don't really mind it but i get sick if the turbulence is bad like some people would  get sea sick. 

Yeah, I get sick too. Worst turbulence I've been in was a flight in Europe when even the purser (chief flight attendant) admitted to me afterwards that during her 30 year career she had only encountered turbulence as bad once before...

Passengers kept screaming and crying as the plane moved in ways I had never experienced before. That was one flight I don't want to relive...

Flying over the Bay of Bengal is always turbulent too. I also remember one particularly bumpy flight in northern India - people were scared out of their wits.

Flying over the Great Lakes in North America is also often turbulent when you're flying between USA and Europe.

The only time a pilot has apologized for turbulence was when I flew over German/French airspace a little over a year ago, and we crossed an area of 3 jet streams. That was one bumpy flight. :sweatingbullets:

The pilot came on during the turbulence to tell us that the airplane is safe and that there is nothing to worry about - reassuring. Saw some really white knuckles gripping seats. :D

• Blob 5

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

Flying over the Bay of Bengal is always turbulent too. I also remember one particularly bumpy flight in northern India when people were scared out of their wits.

I don't sleep when plane's flying in this area. I don't remember a flight yet that isn't turbulent while passing this area. 

• Blob 5

5 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

I don't sleep when plane's flying in this area. I don't remember a flight yet that isn't turbulent while passing this area. 

Agree. Bay of Bengal is almost always turbulent especially during monsoon season.

I often take flights from SEA to Europe that almost always fly over the Bay of Bengal at night when one is supposed to be sleeping. Meal service is over and they dim the lights right about the time we hit Bay of Bengal.

I never get any sleep until we've reached India. I often enjoy looking at lightning from the thunderstorms around the plane instead. :D

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 5

8 minutes ago, partyon said:

Agree. Bay of Bengal is almost always turbulent especially during monsoon season.

I often take flights from SEA to Europe that almost always fly over the Bay of Bengal at night when one is supposed to be sleeping. Meal service is over and they dim the lights right about the time we hit Bay of Bengal.

I never get any sleep until we've reached India. :D

As much as possible I also avoid smaller planes. Gosh, you can really feel it if it's windy. :lol: Can't avoid it though for some connecting flights.

• Blob 5

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

As much as possible I also avoid smaller planes. Gosh, you can really feel it if its windy. :lol: Can't avoid it though for some connecting flights.

Me too! I prefer larger planes because it's not necessarily as bumpy on those. The smoothest flights I've been on have been A380 planes. But I've also been on flights where a large plane was being tossed around like crazy by jet streams.

I remember one particularly bumpy flight from China to Europe - the captain came on the intercom and told us they had gotten a report from the airplane ahead of us that we were going to experience turbulence for 10 minutes - some of it severe (he actually used the word severe which is not a good sign...). Everyone was strapped into their seats, also the flight crew.

That Boeing 777 felt like a small turboprop as we were being tossed up and down, side to side. I was sitting next to the wings, and I don't recall having seen as much wing flex ever before. I thought the wings were gonna snap off. :sweatingbullets:

@joccu That's cool that your cousin is going to be a pilot. You couldn't get me to board an airplane that small though. :D

• Love 1
  • Blob 5

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

I never get any sleep until we've reached India. I often enjoy looking at lightning from the thunderstorms around the plane instead. :D

Travelling by plane during the monsoon and winter is worst in India. In monsoon almost all of the flights I travelled in faced turbulences (none were as bad as the ones you shared). During winter, well, due to heavy fog, mainly in the North India, like in capital, New Delhi, many flights either get cancelled and don't take off, or some of them don't land due to it. I remember travelling to India and my flight had to fly around above the airport for about an hour, before it becoming slightly clear and visible enough to land. 

The other time I had to return back from India, and my flight did the same and landed in a nearby city's airport because of low visibility New Delhi. 

• Blob 6

@Sleepy Owl dongsaeng, I have had to fly a lot during my lifetime and I can say that most flights have been pretty uneventful turbulence wise for me too. Only about 5 flights have had really scary turbulence.

If anyone is scared of turbulence, this is a great video I watched a few years ago. A pilot  explains why you don't need to be scared of turbulence. The video is 25 minutes long, but it's actually a really interesting watch if you have time. :) 

Good night chingus! :kiss_wink:

• Love 3
  • Blob 5

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

During winter, well, due to heavy fog, mainly in the North India, like in capital, New Delhi, many flights either get cancelled and don't take off, or some of them don't land due to it.

Sometimes happens too in UAE. Incoming flights to Dubai were diverted to other airports in the other emirates. A couple or so years ago, flights were diverted to Oman and Bahrain because of really thick fogs that didn't clear till almost noon.

Goodnight @partyon

• Blob 6

10 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

Sometimes happens too in UAE. Incoming flights to Dubai were diverted to other airports in the other emirates. A couple or so years ago, flights were diverted to Oman and Bahrain because of really thick fogs that didn't clear till almost noon.

Fog almost ruins everything. In India trains get delayed for several hours because of the fog. I remember travelling in train which usually never gets delayed, and it reached the station I had to board it 2 hours late, and while it had to reach the destination at around 12-1 PM, it reached there at 7 PM, and in cases of trains, it is a chain reaction, and when one gets delayed, the ones following the same track after it simultaneously get delayed too, and in winters as I said, it happens a lot. I very rarely seen a train to not be delayed or be delayed slightly during that time. 

As for flights, its best to choose the ones during the Noon, since that is the point when the Fog is almost cleared, it gets thick as we move closer to the midnight and is the worst at around 2-3 AM. At least from what I have observed. The night flights or early morning flights are too risky to take, especially if it is a local flight, since they can get cancelled more easily. If it is an international flight, then it usually gets delayed. Which is frustrating, but not as much as the flight getting cancelled. 

Good Night @partyon Noona, @joccu and @MayanEcho, I am off to sleep too :GN1:

• Love 6

@MayanEcho @Thong Thin  @larus @Catleya@Min2206 @joccu 

@Jillia @sadthe1st @Sleepy Owl  @corey@4evrkdrama @Catleya 

@iksunijini  @Ameera Ali  @Nodamerespected organizers @Lmangla @partyon @mirmz @twinkle_little_star

hello chingus.just wanted to disturb your sleep and say good morning :blush: have a very nice day.stay safe :mask:

Party Yes GIF by Denyse®

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4