Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@4evrkdrama Found it! :yay:

50 Things YOU can learn from Korean dramas

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too.

3) You and your boyfriend will always playfully chase each other on an ice rink, at the beach, or in the leaves. And you'll laugh for no reason and your boyfriend will hit you "playfully" but the force of his push will have you flying across the room. But it's okay. Cuz you're still laughing like a crazy person.

4) Brothers/cousin/uncles-nephews will always love the same girl.

5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.

8) If you're sick, all you need is an IV to make you feel lots better.

12) If you're rich, you're a jerk.

13) If you're poor, you're an angel.

14) Women sleep and wake up with a full set of makeup on.

15) You're not studying hard enough unless you get a nosebleed.

16) If you have a nosebleed, you most definitely have cancer. And you have no money to pay for the surgery that will save your life. And your liver is missing. We're not sure where it went, but it's making your cancer progress faster.

19) You will always call your boyfriend by his job title. Or simply sunbaenim. Never his name. Never. He doesn't have one.

21) You go to America you come back miraculously successful. You go to England you come back amazingly fashionable. You stay in Korea the only thing that changes is your hairstyle.

22) And if you come back with no apparent reason then it's because you have cancer.

24) If you stand out in the rain for more than five minutes, you'll end up with a fever and vertigo and people will rush you to the hospital to get some magic IV. And instead of taking an ambulance or driving they'll race you on their back.

25) Even if you're poor and can't eat, you never wear the same clothes twice.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead. couldnt be more true, theyre like a deer in headlights

28) Everyone has a long lost sister/brother/twin. Usually one they didn't know about.

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can just turn it off. The battery

needs to be taken out.

31) If you're in a relationship, you must at one point leave and have your lover tearfully come RIGHT before you board the plane (vice versa applies as well. You can be the chaser). 60% of the time you see each other, the other 40% you're roaming around in circles and pass each other about six times, but miraculously never see them.

32) If you're getting off a plane, you're ALWAYS wearing sunglasses. ALWAYS.

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

35) Guys always look like they're 6 feet tall, even if they're only 5'10. Thank you camera angles.

37) You always get stuck in an elevator with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. Even if there are six different elevators, you'll always be stuck in the same one with that person you hate (or just fought with).

38) Unless you're fabulously rich, your in-laws will always hate you

39) So will your sister-in-law.

40) Your brother-in-law might be pining away for you. >

41) There are only 2 ways to kiss. You either press your lips against theirs with your mouth completely shut, and just press away for a very long and uncomfortable time. OR you devour the other person and suck out their soul. In both instances, the world spins.

42) A guy will always get the right size ring, even if you're never held hands.

43) People stare off into space and ponder a lot. They'll just stop in the middle of the road and watch a leaf on a tree for a good three minutes, and just ponder.

44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

45) You'll get pregnant if he kisses you on the forehead.

46) Hell- you'll get pregnant if you hold hands.

47) If you overcome great obstacles to be together, one of you must die. Probably due to cancer.

48) One Korean man can kick the butts of 6 gangstas. Especially when they all stand in a circle and attack the guy one by one. Then when each of them get their butts OWNED, they wise up and attack the guy at the same time. Then the guy will get pulverized and bleed out onto the dusty concrete floor of the empty warehouse they've found to fight in. There will be a fire in a trashcan somewhere. And the girl will have watched this the entire time, screaming in horror. Instead of calling 119, she'll just watch and cry. But it's okay. Cuz the next day the guy will be fine with a few random bandages and a few face scars. But never a black eye.

50) If you study in the states (preferably Harvard), you are one of the top students and can speak perfect English (as assumed by the reactions of those around you). Why the rest of the world OUTSIDE of the TV can't understand a single word uttered out of your melodramatic mouth is beyond me.

The whole list:

LOL at #48 - so detailed and still so very true :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Thirsty 1

5 minutes ago, Catleya said:

All handsome oppas are my favorites

Who are handsome oppas in your opinion? :Pandabulous: Do you have a type?

Wow, there's even a thread about durian in the hangout section. A whopping 47 pages ! :joy:

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 7

hi @partyon

Jason Clarke Hello GIF by Originals

24 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

I feel like squeezing his butt

happy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

5 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

NO, YOU DON"T.   U CLIMB UP AND USE THIS DETERGENT!   sighhhhhh

i feel ur pain!!! hahaha that's why no ceiling fan here!!!!

hahahaha, i took the ones i agree most and highlighted the ones i believe with all my heart and soul and 100 evil laughs

5 minutes ago, partyon said:

5) You're allowed to make u-turns wherever you want in Korea. And there is never traffic on the side you want to u-turn to.

16) If you have a nosebleed, you most definitely have cancer. And you have no money to pay for the surgery that will save your life. And your liver is missing. We're not sure where it went, but it's making your cancer progress faster.

19) You will always call your boyfriend by his job title. Or simply sunbaenim. Never his name. Never. He doesn't have one.

27) If you're saving someone from being hit from a car, you'll push them out of the way and wait for the car to hit you instead. couldnt be more true, theyre like a deer in headlights

28) Everyone has a long lost sister/brother/twin. Usually one they didn't know about.

29) If you don't want to answer your phone, you can just turn it off. The battery

needs to be taken out.

31) If you're in a relationship, you must at one point leave and have your lover tearfully come RIGHT before you board the plane (vice versa applies as well. You can be the chaser). 60% of the time you see each other, the other 40% you're roaming around in circles and pass each other about six times, but miraculously never see them.

34) Girls will always storm off because they're mad and the guy will stoically grab them by the arm and swing them back- and by magic, not dislocate their shoulders.

35) Guys always look like they're 6 feet tall, even if they're only 5'10. Thank you camera angles.

37) You always get stuck in an elevator with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. Even if there are six different elevators, you'll always be stuck in the same one with that RickRoll'D you hate (or just fought with).

40) Your brother-in-law might be pining away for you.

41) There are only 2 ways to kiss. You either press your lips against theirs with your mouth completely shut, and just press away for a very long and uncomfortable time. OR you devour the other person and suck out their soul. In both instances, the world spins.

47) If you overcome great obstacles to be together, one of you must die. Probably due to cancer.

48) One Korean man can kick the butts of 6 gangstas. Especially when they all stand in a circle and attack the guy one by one. Then when each of them get their butts OWNED, they wise up and attack the guy at the same time. Then the guy will get pulverized and bleed out onto the dusty concrete floor of the empty warehouse they've found to fight in. There will be a fire in a trashcan somewhere. And the girl will have watched this the entire time, screaming in horror. Instead of calling 119, she'll just watch and cry. But it's okay. Cuz the next day the guy will be fine with a few random bandages and a few face scars. But never a black eye.

+2

• Like 2
  • Blob 5

24 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

the nien gao is everywhere .. but to get those home-made traditional fresh from steaming.. we have to go morning wet markets , not those at mall (preserved or been awhile on display).   These sellers are not readily available, due to 1) covid restrictions 2) distant restrictions - no inter-district crossing

That floor must be very big ... well, i just did the grilles and glass panels of kitchen and toilet for mom!!!!!!
Hated it but what to do @sadthe1st knows my feeling well :tears:

Wish I could do that , can I vacuum that ceiling fan, mom?   NO, YOU DON"T.   U CLIMB UP AND USE THIS DETERGENT!   sighhhhhh

Yes, @Thong Thin  Yes I have completed the S1.  Read that S2 coming.   Will watch when it comes.  Hope by that time UC or Mr Queen , whichever one , is done.   Busy month for us , spring cleaning, baking and minusing-two :D for CNY.  

Traditional steam Nian Guo  or rather home based taste better then those mass production. 

Due to pandemic, I dont think those sellers at wet market are taking chances to sell.

Min - use ladder climb up and clean the ceiling fans !... good exercise for losing weight :grin: 

@partyon  you like Durian ? 

Me, love it .

And that long list of 50 Things You Can Learn from Korean Drama, you did that.

Cool !

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

@Catleya Because you changed your name, you now officially belong to Team Add. But you can stay in Team Subtract if you want - we're not so strict with the rules here. It's up to you! :kiss_wink:

@Thong Thin Not a fan of durian. It smells.... I didn't create the list of kdrama tropes - it was a list that was created in 2006 in the hangout section.

There are some WEIRD threads in the Hangout Section.... :hushed:

45 pages of What Do You Do In The Shower

:loolz:

• LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 2

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

@4evrkdrama Found it! :yay:

2) If you have a best guy friend, he is in love with you. And secretly you are too.

3) You and your boyfriend will always playfully chase each other on an ice rink, at the beach, or in the leaves. And you'll laugh for no reason and your boyfriend will hit you "playfully" but the force of his push will have you flying across the room. But it's okay. Cuz you're still laughing like a crazy person.

4) Brothers/cousin/uncles-nephews will always love the same girl.

21) You go to America you come back miraculously successful. You go to England you come back amazingly fashionable. You stay in Korea the only thing that changes is your hairstyle.

22) And if you come back with no apparent reason then it's because you have cancer.

24) If you stand out in the rain for more than five minutes, you'll end up with a fever and vertigo and people will rush you to the hospital to get some magic IV. And instead of taking an ambulance or driving they'll race you on their back.

needs to be taken out.

32) If you're getting off a plane, you're ALWAYS wearing sunglasses. ALWAYS.

37) You always get stuck in an elevator with someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. Even if there are six different elevators, you'll always be stuck in the same one with that person you hate (or just fought with).

40) Your brother-in-law might be pining away for you. >

42) A guy will always get the right size ring, even if you're never held hands.

43) People stare off into space and ponder a lot. They'll just stop in the middle of the road and watch a leaf on a tree for a good three minutes, and just ponder.

44) You'll get pregnant the first time you have sex.

45) You'll get pregnant if he kisses you on the forehead.

46) Hell- you'll get pregnant if you hold hands.

50) If you study in the states (preferably Harvard), you are one of the top students and can speak perfect English (as assumed by the reactions of those around you). Why the rest of the world OUTSIDE of the TV can't understand a single word uttered out of your melodramatic mouth is beyond me.

The whole list:

Thank you for this @partyon 
I read from no 48 as mentioned by you and downwards to no. 50 is so true - laughing like a cow here :Megalol:

9 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

Min - use ladder climb up and clean the ceiling fans !... good exercise for losing weight :grin: 

yea, the mini ladder and I am afraid of height .. don't think that few blades can help me lose weight LOL
my 2021 resolution, I must not forget - to lose 1 kg

oooo,  I googled and saw this - NOW why I never thought of this
QUICK-LOOP | The patented economical and ecological mop

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

@Catleya welcome to Team Add

Both your oppas are also mine too :grin:

@Min2206 - climbing up and down the ladder is a good  form of exercise too.

@sadthe1st that nian guo is the best but I can only eat 1 or 2 pcs but not many.

@partyon Durians are the most expensive fruit, King of Thorn.

I know some don't like it because of the smell.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

yay welcome to Team Add @Catleya

200.gif

25 minutes ago, partyon said:

45 pages of What Do You Do In The Shower

hmm.. i never know there would be so many activities inside the shower.. lol

Spoiler

alone or with better half??

Peace Out No GIF by DreamWorks Animation

i'm having lemon juice with whipped cream.. bet @Thong Thin is going to scream at me hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

34 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm having lemon juice with whipped cream.. bet @Thong Thin is going to scream at me hahahaha

Hahaha, I won't scream at you.

I did the same with my left over whipped cream , I added some fruits and taste ,... yummy !

Good Afternoon @MayanEcho 

@Catleya  yes, sharing is caring :smooches3:

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i found one pic of the nian gao i had previously.. this is how my mama would usually make

Thank you for sharing your mama's homecooked nian gao - that looks so good - now intensified my hunger for it - hahahhahhahha!

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

@Catleya welcome to Team Add

Both your oppas are also mine too :grin:

@Min2206 - climbing up and down the ladder is a good  form of exercise too.

@sadthe1st that nian guo is the best but I can only eat 1 or 2 pcs but not many.

@partyon Durians are the most expensive fruit, King of Thorn.

I know some don't like it because of the smell.

I know @Thong Thin  - just feeling shaky up there

and who is talking about durian?  LOL

ผักผลไม้ (Fruit & Veggies) GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, iksunijini said:

@Thong Thin haii!i'm just finishing up here! edit: kimchi!

haii unnie @partyon and haii chingus @forme26 fi @mirmz @twinkle_little_star subtract!

@iksunijini hello :blush: 

3 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Hi ....

@iksunijini @partyon @larus @Min2206 @Lmangla @sadthe1st @Nodame @Thong Thin @MayanEcho 

Wishing you all a productive day

@4evrkdrama hello :blush: thank you.thank you.ji eun tak i miss her :love:

Happy Jump GIF by Originals

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5