angelangie

Add and Subtract Game

My mom lost her data in her phone because of the card got corrupted and it kept asking to be formatted. I tried to fix it but all the data has gone from the phone gallery. There's some old videos of her and her grandson. And I never thought that it'll be lost one day as I thought that mom would only use the phone for calling or texting. She rarely uses it. I felt so guilty that she said it's the precious memories she'd like to keep. If I had transferred the file, She wouldn't have lost it. So I remembered that I think we still have some copies of it on my old laptop. But the old one had a serious problem with its hard disk too. I asked the service centre whether they could retrieve it back they won't sure if they can save it. They need to see how bad the damage of it. The laptop sounds weird when it's turned on and it just show a blank black screen. They said it's over then. :bawling:

What to do? Could the sd card could be saved? I mean.... are the whole file gone completely? :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

17 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

My mom lost her data in her phone because of the card got corrupted and it kept asking to be formatted. I tried to fix it but all the data has gone from the phone gallery. There's some old videos of her and her grandson. And I never thought that it'll be lost one day as I thought that mom would only use the phone for calling or texting. She rarely uses it. I felt so guilty that she said it's the precious memories she'd like to keep. If I had transferred the file, She wouldn't have lost it. So I remembered that I think we still have some copies of it on my old laptop. But the old one had a serious problem with its hard disk too. I asked the service centre whether they could retrieve it back they won't sure if they can save it. They need to see how bad the damage of it. The laptop sounds weird when it's turned on and it just show a blank black screen. They said it's over then. :bawling:

What to do? Could the sd card could be saved? I mean.... are the whole file gone completely? :bawling:

Well..once formatted is gone...Don’t think it can be retrieved :( but for computer, that we have to hope that the people can get it back.... :( 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

@wallflowersforjane that gif is meant to be a yummy choco pie right? I'm not sure whether it's chocolate or...insects??? :scream:

@Alice Wonderland oh noo... sorry I can't be of any help since I'm so noob when it comes to IT. But hopefully the files could be retrieved if not all at least part of them :cry:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

My mom lost her data in her phone because of the card got corrupted

Is it a newer phone? Some newer phones auto-backup data to the cloud. Or maybe she sent the videos to someone else to show them and that person might still have them? 

It sucks to lose all your data. =[

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Twerk 1

31 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

actually there are ways to recover even formatted drive :) u just need to get a software called 'Files Recovery', if ur laptop is old and not able to be booted up, get the disk out and see if u are able to connect into the hard disk by turning that disk into a secondary disk instead of primary disk, u might be able to retrieve it too.....

SD still have the chip, and somewhere in those chips is actually your files....never ever throw ur old phone away just like that....make sure u smash it to pieces and strewn the parts in couple of diff package....and then only you threw it away....just attached the SD card into a memory card reader and use the software on a workable computer with the 'File Recoveries' software to read the card, if the data is savable it will be able to retrieve it

im not sure what is the software price now....i got it before about 7 years bk :D and i recover alot of old files for my friends who had hard disk crashed and reformatted.... :) 

after this experience make sure to keep the files in a different location sometimes...u never knew what happen.....and check and see if you have the cloud enable sometimes u might have some of those files in the cloud server like what @phikyl suggested

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

2 minutes ago, wallflowersforjane said:

It's a blueberry pie! Hahaha!

actually i was thinking the same thing....it looks like insects :x

• LOL 4

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

actually i was thinking the same thing....it looks like insects :x

I went back to see and it does look like scorpions wanting to crawl out. Hahaha! But why would I torture my friends here with insects!

:hwaiting2:

• LOL 4

2 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

@phikyl How long have you been a moderator and what made you decide to take it up? Question also to @triplem @angelangie @stroppyse.

And did @Lawyerh just become a junior moderator? :w00t:

I spend  a lot my time here, and appreciate the community especially folks that I have met here on this thread,  and on the k drama threads. I wanted to be able to give back ,  so figured why not.  I have been doing this since end of 2017 . It has been a ride,  ...I spend most of my time on the drama threads cause that is one of the most active sections. 

We are happy to have @Lawyerh on board. I see her passion for our forums and I believe she has the right temperament for the job

( No pressure lawyerh   :shaq:)

---------------

Sniff back to work soon...I miss you Johnny 

Spoiler

20191017_110003.jpg?w=616

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2