Add and Subtract Game

Admin

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Min2206 ~ did you read about mr. queen getting lots of complaints from netizens? I didn't realize they used real historical figures for this story. strange choice. why not just make up a period and characters when it is meant to be story that doesn't take itself seriously? :sweatingbullets:

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/12/15/tvn-receives-hundreds-of-complaints-for-recently-premiered-weekend-sageuk-queen-cheorin/

Hi @Lmangla  Yea, read about it on the Mr Queen's thread and got the following update / response from the Production Team - 

Copied pasted from Mr Queen's thread

Spoiler

“Mr. Queen” Production Team Issues Statement Addressing Controversies

Dec 15, 2020
by J. K

In order to respond to controversies that came up before and after the show’s first episodes aired, the production team of “Mr. Queen” issued a statement on December 15.

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” is a historical fantasy comedy drama about a man from modern times whose soul gets trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. The program premiered on December 12.

“Mr. Queen” is based on the original Chinese web drama “Go Princess Go,” which was based on a novel by a writer who has made negative comments about Korea in another work. “Mr. Queen” was criticized by some for dramatizing a work by such a writer.

Some people have also expressed that while it’s understandable that comedic situations would happen in the show due to its genre, the show crosses the line considering that the characters are based on real people.

Another controversy has surrounded a line in episode 2 in which a character referred to The Annals of the Joseon Dynasty as “merely jirashi.” The Annals of the Joseon Dynasty are the annual records of the dynasty and are designated as the 151st national treasure of Korea. The annals, which consist of a total of 1,893 volumes, are also listed on UNESCO’s Memory of the World registry. Jirashi is a form of newsletter that contains unconfirmed private information, which may include rumors and speculation.

On December 15, the production team of “Mr. Queen” released the following statement:

This is the production team of the drama “Mr. Queen.”

We express our sincere gratitude to the viewers who love the drama “Mr. Queen,” and we share the following statement regarding viewers’ opinions.

“Mr. Queen” is a work that was planned after purchasing the remake televising rights for the web drama “Go Princess Go,” which was broadcast in China by the drama’s production company. What was purchased from the production company was the remake televising rights for the web drama, not the original novel. Also, at the time of the contract, we were not aware that there were negative comments made about Korea in another work, “Princess Amity” [literal title], by the novelist who wrote the original work that the web drama “Go Princess Go” was based on.

After a substantial amount of planning and production had been carried out for the drama, we ascertained this fact through an online community. Despite that, we sincerely apologize to the viewers for not recognizing this in advance. We plan to do our best in production so that you do not feel uncomfortable while watching the drama as a new creative work different from the original work.

Also, we seriously accept that the line about The Annals of the Joseon Dynasty was inappropriate, and we have deleted the narration that was a problem. In regard to other historical figures and incidents as well, we had no intention to represent them negatively.

With “Mr. Queen” as a drama of the “fusion historical fantasy comic” genre, we borrowed figures and settings from history, but it’s fiction based on a creative work that began with the idea of “What would happen if a modern soul met a real figure and caused waves?”

We once again express our apologies for causing discomfort, which was contrary to our intention of making people laugh in a healthy way. We will pay closer attention in production and do our best in order to create a good drama.

Source (1) (2) (3)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1443692wpp/mr-queen-production-team-issues-statement-addressing-controversies

Well said by @Sleepy Owl

8 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

@Lmangla I think them using some actual historical characters is fine, as long as they claim it is a work of fiction. How many times have we seen dramas use historical figures like that and sometimes even portray them as a contrast to what the historical records claim to be like. Since this drama also claims to be a fantasy and not pure Sageuk, I think I would be fine with it using actual historical people. Still using fictional characters would not really hurt them here too 

7 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I am watching mr. queen ep 1 now .. and right at the scene where mr. Queen said she is the first woman in Joseon to not wear bra ON HER WEDDING DAY  Hua Ha Ha Ha Ha  oh gosh I am crying and laughing at the same time  

5 hours ago, Sejabin said:

I LOL BECAUSE OF THIS QUOTES "MY DRAGON BALLS ARE GONE NOW" HUA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA ..  OMG .. This drama is really what I need now 

@Sejabin Now you understand why @sadthe1st @Ameera Ali @partyon and me having fun with the drama. 
Please note that we are not making fun of the historical figures and culture per say but more of the characters in relation to the comical storyline.  I hope you continue to watch and join the fun with us. 
:joy:

Hello @Ernie 

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Why @kokodus

I don't know @Min2206.... I keep running, but I don't know what I'm running towards. In the beginning of this year, I felt like I got everything I ever wanted. I got a good rank in the entrance exams, I got into one of the top college in my country, but now that I'm here, I don't feel any satisfaction at all. Life has become very monotonous. I don't know what I'm doing. 

Its just the end of the year blues I guess. Dont mind me. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

23 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I don't know @Min2206.... I keep running, but I don't know what I'm running towards. In the beginning of this year, I felt like I got everything I ever wanted. I got a good rank in the entrance exams, I got into one of the top college in my country, but now that I'm here, I don't feel any satisfaction at all. Life has become very monotonous. I don't know what I'm doing. 

Glad you share your feelings with us here @kokodus  We do feel this way once in awhile and it's good to let it out of your chest and mind.   

First and foremost, Well done on your achievements!   Hard work pays!
Secondly, that blue feeling you get after all these hard work and achievements, is actually pretty normal
Thirdly, be thankful for all the troubles you don't have

Now, just sit back and be lazy .. its OKAY to suddenly feel "disconnected" .  
Come 2021, you will be back on your feet and run again.   Go buy new shoes?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Awwww, Mis. Koko.... Come here!

Hugs GIF

Fighting! :dorakiss:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

13 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@Min2206 Thank you dear. I really do need new shoes. The weather here is very cold and depressing...sigh. 

There are times  we feel that we lost our sense of purpose ... you feel that there is nothing for you to do, to run after.  Maybe the guilt feelings steep in.   I have learnt to ignore all this and told myself .. you have done what you supposed to do.  Now it's time to start loving myself.

I saw this from drama .. Don't forget to love yourself @kokodus
Guess the cold weather makes it colder .. but you can warm it with sweet thoughts .. try to think what you like to do or eat .. even if you feel like "crushing" something.  Hehe

Okay, won't say more.  

Download Bed Anime Hug Gif | PNG & GIF BASE

• Love 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

10 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

. try to think what you like to do or eat ..

Ohhh this is one more thing. I have totally lost my appetite in these past few months. I used to be a big foodie, I used to live to eat, but now I have totally lost interest in food. I just eat to live now. Sigh. 

13 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

:lol: that is pretty much most of us in some way.... should we laugh or cry that the lyrics are so apt?! :sweatingbullets:

Hahaha ikr?!?! I used to hate dhanush before, but listening to these songs, he is indeed very philosophical. LOLOL. 

@partyon Nothing better to cheer me up than handsome oppa pics. Lol. :fullofhearts: 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

13 minutes ago, larus said:

I feel tired and I do not do anything. Even watching an episode it is too hard.

@Min2206, internal circumstances? I hope it is not covid or an accident on set.

ohh tired?  Hugs to you too - try eating ice-cream?

I googled but could not find the reasons .. saw @jillia posted on the UC thread and on IG - no reasons given.   Anyway, will be pretty busy that Xmas weekend.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3

30 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Hahaha ikr?!?! I used to hate dhanush before, but listening to these songs, he is indeed very philosophical. LOLOL. 

kekeke... yea I still don't quite like him and I am still not sure how to feel about that movie. LOL.

but yea, don't feel like you are alone in feeling listless and without purpose. this year has been really hard on all of us and there were many times this year I really struggled. I believe that we are all created with a plan and purpose. sometimes, that is not really obvious to us and everything seems so bleak or pointless. we just have to hang in there and push. we need to find the good in small things and those little smiles wherever.

fighting!

Happy Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5