Add and Subtract Game

Admin

@corey Have you watched the Chinese movie Better days? I saw the trailer and read the reviews. It seems like they did a very good job in portraying bullying. 

8 minutes ago, corey said:

So IDK. Drinking heavily with workmates on weekdays is a part of Korean work culture. So is beating children, which was still legal in S Korean schools at the beginning of 21 century

I agree some of the things I do not like about their culture. Especially the hierarchy at work and the patriarchal culture. Child abuse is a serious crime but sadly it happens in every country. Even in India.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, corey said:

@pompyavi, I will check the movie, thanks.

Regarding the child abuse, paradoxically, S Koreans do not consider it child abuse at all... The mindset is that the beating is for the benefit of the children. To "knock some sense" into young, unformed minds....

Such an attitute was present in Europe, too, until the early 20th century..."Spare the rod and spoil the child" as the saying went...

It is no longer the case. I am sure things will change in S Korea too, and beatings will no longer be viewed as a teaching method but will be considered as child abuse...

That's the same case in here as well. Parents think they are doing it for the sake of their children. One more thing I absolutely despise is forcing your dreams on your children. In India almost all the people who are from 90's generation did that. Even now they are doing. The effect of this is either that child commits suicide or grows up with having distorted personality. I knew one of my neighbor (dad) used to beat his kid and mentally torture him. It went to that extent that the son killed his father, mom committed suicide and the sister left alone. Some people take pity on her while others enjoy her situation and taunt her. I wish people becomes little empathetic towards others.

• Sad 4
  • LOL 1
  • Thirsty 1

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

So please... no... don't waste time on Gumiho like I did or like @partyon did on the DDD whatever it's called drama. :P

I just watched the last episode (or more like ff:ed it) of DDSSLLS and it was just mindblowing....

Familyfoodfight GIF by ABC Network

MIND-BLOWINGLY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:fear:

• LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

in here  lately been lot of talk about school bullying in the press. There been couple of big cases recently. cases of group of students or only one or two person violently beating another person.  and victim always ends up in the hospital with serious problems. 

So the talk has been that what those kids who beat other children have learned at home. that is okay to beat other children because their own homelife is awful. because that it almost looks like. 

I seen too many of these cases where these parents don´t care if they children beat another kid. and most cases the victim ends up changing schools. 

in  radio couple of days ago there was this poll is it okay to punish your kid violently(like beating with a belt or broomstick like in the older days when it was still legal to beat your kid). so there was still like 30% of people who think it okay to punish your kid with violent. and I always wonder why parents want to teach they kid that is okay for to beat another person if he/she has done something wrong. 

• Shocked 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

@joccu it is definitely the violence at home. I remember there's a Netflix docuseries or maybe i watched on YouTube where a psychologist interviewed a killer. When he was asked why he killed his friend his reply was that his dad also beat his mom whenever his mom said something which annoyed his dad. So he never thought that it was wrong. And he really didn't show any guilt as well. 

+2

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 1

8 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I heard the dude disappeared without a word for 5 YEARS (solving that cringy age gap, huh?!) and then re-appears to be like "Surprise! I'm not dead! Thank you for not moving on without me.".

This must be the worst drama ending since

THE LAST EMPRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!

:onfirex:

You know I don't mention that drama often because of how upset I get when I think about how oppa was treated.

:fear:

Yo! Writer!

giphy.gif

• LOL 7
  • Thirsty 1

Just now, partyon said:

Can you believe they treated my oppa like that ? MY OPPA ?!?!?!?

I remember because there was a meme floating around at that time. It was something like this:

KDRAMA ending nowadays:

Case 1: Where stars land- Just show the ML's back as showing his face is out of budget. 

Case 2: Memories of Alhambra - Just show the silhouettes of ML as showing his back is out of budget

Case 3: The last empress - Just make the ML gone as his silhouette is also out of budget. 

+2

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Case 3: The last empress - Just make the ML gone as his silhouette is also out of budget.

I can't even talk about this drama. That's how upset I get :rage:

I want justice for oppa!

Jury Duty Justice GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Thirsty 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Oh the one where they tricked you who the ML is.

giphy.gif

Look, I gotta calm my nerves down....

I do it with this video of Ju Ji Hoon's abs :joy:

So for young Seo Ji Hoon there is still hope. Ju Ji Hoon was a scrawny youngster, but look at him now. :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

@partyon

Some more abs for you to cool down.

Now those are abs ! :love:

4 minutes ago, corey said:

@partyon, you like Supernatural too?:love:

Supernatural? Sorry, not following?

I like Ju Ji Hoon :D

@Jillia I'm very proud of you ! :dorakiss: Well, as long as you don't bring any holy water.... :D 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 3